Has anyone ever packed up & moved to a different city?

Im trying to move to either Barcelona, london, LA, madrid, boston, in that order..just for a couple of years, ill miss Dallas way too much to live there any longer.

so far i only have a lil bit under 7k ..smh, anyone know what a good amount will be to live comfortably? and how expensive are those cities?...I have lived in Dallas all my life..i expect a complete culture shock.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Originally Posted by ireminisce

i always thought you were around your early twenties.

that is how i feel about nashville.. did you go to CofC? heard its wild over there.

24 Bro
frown.gif
Whatchu mean
laugh.gif

Insensitive. Please be considerate of my feelings.

Originally Posted by fresh2deff

I really want to... I hate arizona. Me and my girl want to pick up and move but we need to stack up some more paper. Im shooting for the end of this year. We are thinking like oregon, washington and even alaska.

avoid Oregon, it SUCKS

I've always wanted to.  Maybe when I finish college and can find a stable job in a different state.  The only problems I would have is making friends.  I have normal social skills but making friends with strangers has never been a strong point for me.  
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Put em up

i did. i picked up and went across the country for college to Cali(LA county).

knew no one and had one bag. the best decision i ever made in my life. truly became a man on my own.

you will find out who you are quick.  
THIS

I was a little less insane though, I moved to Tampa with wifey and stayed with her while she was at Campus on USF
devil.gif
. But yea you couldn't pay me to move back to NYC, you definitely see where you stand as a man when you leave the nest........

Originally Posted by Amer2384

In September heading out from Texas to London. Nervous, more than excited.

I want to do the same thing also.  How much are you going to be paying to stay out there?  I have friends out there but don't want to stay with them for long and overstay my welcome.

I'm moving to Los Angeles from Sacramento in January for school. Once I graduate I want to get out of Cali for a while...

Originally Posted by shogun

I've always wanted to.  Maybe when I finish college and can find a stable job in a different state.  The only problems I would have is making friends.  I have normal social skills but making friends with strangers has never been a strong point for me.  
frown.gif
i feel the same way.. i just feel like the people i'm going to meet are not going to compare to the ones i have here in nashville.

although, i'm trying to bring the homies up whenever i'm settled..

I did. Moved from Maine to Colorado. Filled my car with everything i own and just drove. It's a crazy experience being in an entirely new environment, not knowing anyone. Teaches you a lot about yourself and how you react in strange surrounding

Originally Posted by GesheOneLove10

I did. Moved from Maine to Colorado. Filled my car with everything i own and just drove. It's a crazy experience being in an entirely new environment, not knowing anyone. Teaches you a lot about yourself and how you react in strange surrounding

How are you liking Colorado?

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

Plan on leaving Houston for San Francisco/Alameda within the next year.
Alameda!
pimp.gif

• Small island town.
  • Good, cheap eats.
  • Mini beaches & tons of parks
  • In between SF & San Jose.
  • No traffic anywhere
  • Extremely diverse.
I'll never retire elsewhere!

I guess I did that by going to school in LA (from Bay Area). Didn't know anyone else in the area and was basically living alone. Loved it, despite the homesickness in the beginning. I think it can be a positive thing for anyone to move away and start over if they're not getting what they want from life in their current situation. My advice would simply be to brace yourself as best you can for difficult periods, be they money related or spiritual.

When I was 19, I packed up my van and moved from my parents house in East Boston to Providence. I spent four years there paying my way through college with two jobs and a little bit of poker skill. In 2005 I moved back to Mass for about a year, then I bought a house in Manchester NH loaded up a U-haul and did the same thing all over again. Both moves were just what I needed in life at the time I did them, and both worked out great.

DO IT! but realize it's going to be a lot of hard work and time to be what you want to be and do what you want to do. It's all on you once you are in a new place, you can make it great or make nothing.

I'm 21, just graduated college this spring and havent find my full time career job yet. I'm in Jacksonville, FL, been there my whole life pretty much so I'm starting to seriously consider leaving the nest for somewhere crazy...

i left maryland this past april and moved to Los Angeles to be with my wife (married this past October and long distance relationship for over 5 years)
smokin.gif

best decision i've ever made. the weather is awesome and i dont have to deal with the eastcoast heatwave and snow
devil.gif

I did, moved to Vancouver this past weekend from Detroit. Got a college coaching job. Time difference is silly though.

how are you liking colorado in comparison to maine.. are you still there? how old were you when moving / now?

Originally Posted by wcghost

Alameda!
pimp.gif

• Small island town.
  • Good, cheap eats.
  • No traffic anywhere
  • Extremely diverse.
still as expensive as san francisco?

earlier this year I packed up and moved from Michigan to California....

def been an interesting expierence...good/bad

Originally Posted by ireminisce

how are you liking colorado in comparison to maine.. are you still there? how old were you when moving / now?

Originally Posted by wcghost

Alameda!
pimp.gif

• Small island town.
  • Good, cheap eats.
  • No traffic anywhere
  • Extremely diverse.
still as expensive as san francisco?

Alameda is much more affordable than SF. you can probably find a decent 2 br apartment for ~$1200-$1400.

a year ago on wednesday i moved from NYC to SFC with like $600.
just moved from a high-rise on the 22nd floor to a penthouse across the street from ATT&T field.
Picking up a new car today, literally.

goes to say that if you determined you can pull anything off.

Back
Top Bottom