Has anyone ever packed up & moved to a different city?

Originally Posted by 8H2i9Frs

a year ago on wednesday i moved from NYC to SFC with like $600.
just moved from a high-rise on the 22nd floor to a penthouse across the street from ATT&T field.
Picking up a new car today, literally.

goes to say that if you determined you can pull anything off.
Did you move there with a job offer in hand? If not, plz elaborate on your success..

Originally Posted by eight2one

earlier this year I packed up and moved from Michigan to California....

def been an interesting expierence...good/bad
that's across the nation! what was that for.. school? work?

wcghost wrote:
Alameda is much more affordable than SF. you can probably find a decent 2 br apartment for ~$1200-$1400.

i was just in san francisco last summer.. i heard the name brought up a few times but just assumed it was another city in the bay area, but its own little island
eek.gif
; how far is it driving to the city?

Originally Posted by wHo NicE as HiM

i have, detroit, north carolina, and virginia ...it's life changing, it teaches you a lot about yourself when you can move to a new demographic and maneuver socially
without help from friends, family or people you're familiar with.

i've always admired foreingers for their perseverance here in the united states.
detroit it frustrating sometimes, and i've been away from new york for too long...i might move to la at the beginning for the new year.

la seems like a place i'd want to retire and grown old in. 
i'm wondering how i will transition socially myself.

Originally Posted by firered18

Originally Posted by 8H2i9Frs

a year ago on wednesday i moved from NYC to SFC with like $600.
just moved from a high-rise on the 22nd floor to a penthouse across the street from ATT&T field.
Picking up a new car today, literally.

goes to say that if you determined you can pull anything off.
Did you move there with a job offer in hand? If not, plz elaborate on your success..
i'm wondering the same thing, curious to know.. i'm not moving with that much more money, so i'd definitely like some details
laugh.gif

I moved from Queens NY to Fairfield CT. The city to the preppy 'burbs. It really is a big transition. I hope to move to Germany after I go to Med school.

Originally Posted by YoungCFromThaD

I did, moved to Vancouver this past weekend from Detroit. Got a college coaching job. Time difference is silly though.

That's a nice little come up from the D man. Congrats.

Just got a job in Milwaukee. Moved up here from Atlanta like 2 weeks ago. Things are kind of slow now but it'll pick up I'm sure. Good luck OP

after interning in music industry in la, tried to move out permenantly to ny (crashing at gf's place since shes interning for the summer there) and got sent back to ca 6 days later for an interview i didnt get. killin me how that happend.

i cant see myself just getting up and leaving friends who i've known all my life. last minute trips? sure i'll do that but im not moving anywhere.

wcghost wrote:
Alameda is much more affordable than SF. you can probably find a decent 2 br apartment for ~$1200-$1400.

i was just in san francisco last summer.. i heard the name brought up a few times but just assumed it was another city in the bay area, but its own little island
eek.gif
; how far is it driving to the city?

20 min without traffic. up to 1 hr during rush hour. its a scenic, relaxing route anyways.

I read the title and was like "damn, B doing something just like that" and you the one that made the thread
laugh.gif

It should be a good move though, you already got my input. Hit me up!

Originally Posted by YoungCFromThaD

I did, moved to Vancouver this past weekend from Detroit. Got a college coaching job. Time difference is silly though.

Nuts! I've been thinking about picking up and moving as well. Just got back from the NYC area and I can't help but think I belong there. The city is so motivating. I graduate from nursing pretty soon and NYC is where my dreams are. I quoted because I'm from Detroit as well.

Originally Posted by CWK

For my second NIKE Sports Marketing summer internship, I moved from Houston to Portland, Oregon with just a backpack and a duffel bag full of clothes.  NIKE provided a stipend which covered most of my rent on a 1BR apartment for three months.  The only furniture I owned was a folding table, chairs, and a cot.  After the internship, I worked at Niketown Portland while I interviewed at NWHQ.  I spent several years in Oregon and ended up working my dream job with Footwear R&D.  I was broke as a joke but I also got to see the Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, and Mount Hood.  Learning to survive on my own in a strange town was humbling, intimidating, and very rewarding.   I would highly recommend relocating out-of-state to anyone who is able to do so.

Good stuff there man.  I used to live in TX and am in WA now.  

I've really enjoyed my move to the Pacific NW.  It's a very nice part of the country.  I have NO desire to go back to TX. 
sick.gif

Id love to pack up and move to las vegas. i visited there a few years ago and would love to live there for a while if i couild find a job

I'm going into my Junior year of college and plan on heading out to Chicago after I graduate. I have family there and it's like my second home. The only thing I'm nervous about is making friends since I won't be in school or anything. One of my biggest regrets was not taking out the student loans to go to Depaul or Loyola Chi. when I got accepted. I'm hoping to itnern at CME next summer and maybe that'll help.

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

Id love to pack up and move to las vegas. i visited there a few years ago and would love to live there for a while if i couild find a job
To me Vegas is one of those places that you visit every now and then. I thinke living there would get old quick.

The company that I work for transferred me to OC for training and I was there for 6 months. I learned a lot about myself and It brought me closer to my family. By far the best experience of my life.

One of my good friends, along with her girlfriend & cousin just quit their jobs & moved to Miami. Pretty much had the same sentiments about DC & they wanted to see what other opportunities are out there. They just moved this week so I'm not sure about how the move has affected them, but they seemed extremely confident & proud of the decision

Back
Top Bottom