Has anyone ever packed up & moved to a different city?

I'm twenty-two years old, I graduate college in twelve days, & I've grown up around the Nashville area.

I have decided I would move to Chicago spontaneously the first week of September.  I'll be living with a friend right outside of Chicago & hoping to move to the city after I find a job.

I've never done anything out of spontaneity, so I am pretty nervous about everything going on right now.

Does anyone have a similar story or experience?

I've never done anything that big, but I can tell you that spontaneity always gets good results.

Things always seem to work out for me when I do them on a whim, and even if they don't work out I have a good story to tell.

It's tough sometimes to just do it, but it's always worth it in the end.

i did. i picked up and went across the country for college to Cali(LA county).

knew no one and had one bag. the best decision i ever made in my life. truly became a man on my own.

you will find out who you are quick.  

Did this earlier this year. Moved from Atl to Houston at 22, no degree (pending.)
Since I work for the gov't I was able to transfer pretty easily, so my income never stopped.
(in fact it's almost doubled since I've gotten here
pimp.gif
)
Stayed with a friend for about 3 months until we got into it, now I stay alone.
I don't know too many people yet, but I'm a solitary person, so I don't mind it.
My advice is don't get too comfortable crashing at your friends spot, dip as SOON
as you are able to for the sake of your friendship.

I really want to... I hate arizona. Me and my girl want to pick up and move but we need to stack up some more paper. Im shooting for the end of this year. We are thinking like oregon, washington and even alaska.

Yes, My boy moved out to chicago with another one of his boys, a couple g's saved up and no jobs lined up. They didn't just get jobs, they got good ones. And they loving it. Life is short, and in my opinion their are only a few cities in the states I would live in, and I intend on seeing them all. Next move for me is overseas somewhere, preferably the Caribbean.

I'm about to do the same thing. I've been saving money for about 9 months. By January I hope to pack up and move to Boulder or Denver CO. Good luck OP.

This thread is motivation for me. Thanks OP
pimp.gif
! Othe next year I plan on saving at least 3G's and just going on vacation for a week

im in the same exact situation right now.. im 19 nd been in tampa my whole life and recently ive just been thinking bout making changes going out and explore per say

i was thinking bout going to chicago cuz i have fam there

this has crossed my mind. im 20 still in school.
thought about moving somewhere down south
i NEED to get out of baltimore

Sounds awesome.

Fingers crossed I'll be doing the same come graduation. Good luck OP!

Not an impromptu move but I'll be moving to Barcelona (from Vancouver) for work for at least 1-2 years.

I've relocated to philly only knowing two people here. You get on your grind in all areas...pretty exciting. Everyone you see is a new face.

planning on moving from Atlanto to either Cali or Arizona in January...which one i go to depends entirely on how much i have stacked up...hopefully i'll make it out to Cali...

At 18 I moved from Michigan to Chicago for school. Never looked back. One of the best decision I have ever made. 
pimp.gif

Although I do miss my parents, moms cooking, and not paying rent
grin.gif

-The Juice

i'm definitely going to miss my family, especially since i have little nephews/nieces growing up right now.. i hate to miss them growing up.

did you guys end up meeting as great of friends you did back home? i always felt like that was impossible after college.

Originally Posted by moundraised23

Where's the grad party B?
haha, man.. i'll be eating somehwere downtown that night & then club MAI probably.
Originally Posted by Put em up

i did. i picked up and went across the country for college to Cali(LA county).

knew no one and had one bag. the best decision i ever made in my life. truly became a man on my own.

you will find out who you are quick. 
did you end up staying in california?
Originally Posted by kix4kix

Yes, My boy moved out to chicago with another one of his boys, a couple g's saved up and no jobs lined up. They didn't just get jobs, they got good ones. And they loving it. Life is short, and in my opinion their are only a few cities in the states I would live in, and I intend on seeing them all. Next move for me is overseas somewhere, preferably the Caribbean.
good luck with your move.. did your homies have degrees/a lot of experience?
Originally Posted by DimesLikeHefner

This thread is motivation for me. Thanks OP
pimp.gif
! Othe next year I plan on saving at least 3G's and just going on vacation for a week
i'm moving.. hoping it's not a vacation
laugh.gif
Originally Posted by kickstart

Sounds awesome.

Fingers crossed I'll be doing the same come graduation. Good luck OP!
where ya tryna go?
Originally Posted by Taj gibson

did this 2 years ago......great experience
are you still in the same city you moved to?

I want to move as well.. Im an education major and should be graduating next fall... I live in Charlotte.. Even though the city is growing I still want to live in a bigger city..

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

I wish I was young enough to do risky ***! like this.
i always thought you were around your early twenties.

Originally Posted by krider31

I want to move as well.. Im an education major and should be graduating next fall... I live in Charlotte.. Even though the city is growing I still want to live in a bigger city..
that is how i feel about nashville.. did you go to CofC? heard its wild over there.

Back
Top Bottom