has anyone ever purchased season tickets and then sold them online?

laugh.gif
, funny because the ******** have been real grimmy to people and season tickets in recent years...but really though, why not just stick to internet bidding places where you can get great prices and not be committed to anything where you must honor payments.

Well, it all depends on where the seat is and what team it is.

I had Celtics season tickets and regular season tickets were in demand for more than face value. I had balcony seats and those had the best resale value in terms of %markup. So what I did was sold about 30 out of the 41 regular season games and made my initial investment back. And I had to pay my seats for the playoffs.

So it can be a worthwhile investment depending on the team and cost.

i was tempted to get dodger season tickets this year for $450 a piece on stubhub.

opening day seats go for about $50-60 and tickets for the yankees series would go for about $50-60

at best thats $240 off of 4 games with 77 games left to turn a profit or at the very worst break even.

I don't know how dude figures they are a ripoff. Anytime you buy straight from the box office, you are talking pure face value. I guess you're going to say it's a ripoff because all 41 home games aren't must see tv.

I am now, just got into it and have made over a stack already. It's EASY money. They have already more than paid for themselves. I'm renewing for next yr (Oklahoma City Thunder btw) and probably going to move either into a cheaper section and get a pair (because people generally like to go to a game with someone) or justn stay at the same price level but a better angle. They have this event in the summer where after you lock in by putting your 20% down, you can go and move around, change your seats, add more, or whatever.

The people who lose money doing it are the ones who aim for ridiculous profit margins and have their tickets just sitting on eBay with no bids (like totallytickets on eBay) and the game passes with them having not sold them.

What I did, I only had to buy the last 8 games (Spurs, Rockets, Lakers, TrailBlazers, TimberWolves, Nuggets, Suns, Grizzlies) btw to be considered a full season ticket holder btw which is rare, was list all the games on Thunder ticketExchange at face value except for the Lakers game which is selling for an average of about 6-10x face. But I'm going so I have kept mine anyways. I'm always on CL and eBay and have gotten lucky on some tickets, bought them, then relisted them and took the profit and repeated. I got some Lakers pair for 450$ ("only" a 152$ face though) then resold for 900$ got some more for 250$ and resold for 450$ on Stubhub, bought some more for 360$ and resold for like 600$

Also being a season ticket holder gives you priority on playoff seats. The way the Thunder are doing the playoffs this yr, nobody else will even have access to them. You won't be able to go on ticketmaster or call their box office directly and buy them. Only season ticket holders will have them and obviously that's going to create a huge markup

Next yr when I have the full 41 games, since I live an hour and a half from the arena and don't plan on going to that many games, I will basically do the same thing. The games I designate as premium I will sell at whatever seems to be the market value markup, and the rest I'll just list for face value + whatever the commission is on the site I'm using to list.

A great site to see seats and their prices for every sport, every arena is

http://www.seats3d.com/

Like I'm looking at Laker's seats

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Never...just came in here to say Season Tickets are the biggest rip offs ever.
The only reasons to ever buy season tickets:
- Team is really that good and every game is going to sell out.
- If you are rich and just don't care.

when it comes to the selling of season tickets, you just have to be within reason.

Like some said, Those who mark it up too high never see their tickets sell.

I just got Lady Gaga tickets for my sister and Girlfriend at the Garden and My season ticket rep with the Nets is calling her friend over there to get me more.

We would sell the 179.00 tickets in an effort to make back what we would pay for the other date or the ones my rep might get.

Ours would be way under what they are going for on stubhub while still making a profit.

Now When it comes to season tickets. I have Jets and Nets full season tickets. I had Nets Half-season and was treated like a second hand individual. Once I went to Full, I got full perks.

My Rep got me Jay-z tickets three months after they went on sale at the Izod center and I was right off the stage in the lower section.

Having full season with certain teams have its benefits. Baseball and Football usually have very limited contact with representitives due to the amount of people who have them. (40,000 and then some)

Compared to basketball season ticket holders.

I have had no complaints (besides the team's play, damn nets) when it comes to the service My ST rep provides for me when it comes to tickets to other events or with the team I have tickets with.

laugh.gif
I'm thinking of lining up at Arco next year and buying group tix to the 2 Lakers games next year and just reselling em all
laugh.gif

Group tickets are the future - dont have to commit to many games in advance and get the best discounts.

I have a few brokers that just buy hundreds of Lakers lower level seats off me and make straight cash in return.  doesnt matter if Warriors are 0-60, the Lakers games are sell outs.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

laugh.gif
I'm thinking of lining up at Arco next year and buying group tix to the 2 Lakers games next year and just reselling em all
laugh.gif

That'd work. I've only been in it a short time and I listed the games, but the Lakers markup is by far more than any other team. I don't know what the Cavs markup was like, but I still feel like in terms of being showtime, Kobe > LeBron just because he's simply more polarizing.

If you live in LA, I'd say try to get season tickets and resell, as close as possible. I wouldn't be shocked (edit just checked and yes they do) if they have a waiting list though but I'm looking at their face value and while it's more than other teams, it's not even THAT expensive compared to what I hear people and especially "I need to be seen because I'm hardly relevant anymore" Celebrities pay for them. The red seats start at 220$ I'm looking on Ticketmaster for a Timberwolves game, but I assume they don't change the price based on the opponent.

la1257c_a.gif

Another option is getting somebody to go in half with you. That's what I'm trying to get my coworker to do for next yr. Then we split the 1640 (40$ x 41 if we stay in the price level) and when tickets and schedules come out, we just have like a draft of tickets. Throw them all in the middle of the floor and, I got this Lakers game your pick, I got the Magic, I got the Cavs, I got the other Lakers game, etc. I'd so get over on him too because his life revolves around TX and I guaranteed he'd take the 2 Houston, 2 Dallas, and 2 San Antonio before everything else and by then I'd have 2 LA, CLE, NYK,

Some teams also offer partial plans too like a "Pick 8" option or a "Weekend family night" option with all the Saturday games, or something so just check your local team's website.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

That'd work. I've only been in it a short time and I listed the games, but the Lakers markup is by far more than any other team. I don't know what the Cavs markup was like, but I still feel like in terms of being showtime, Kobe > LeBron just because he's simply more polarizing.

If you live in LA, I'd say try to get season tickets and resell, as close as possible. I wouldn't be shocked (edit just checked and yes they do) if they have a waiting list though but I'm looking at their face value and while it's more than other teams, it's not even THAT expensive compared to what I hear people and especially "I need to be seen because I'm hardly relevant anymore" Celebrities pay for them. The red seats start at 220$ I'm looking on Ticketmaster for a Timberwolves game, but I assume they don't change the price based on the opponent.

la1257c_a.gif

Another option is getting somebody to go in half with you. That's what I'm trying to get my coworker to do for next yr. Then we split the 1640 (40$ x 41 if we stay in the price level) and when tickets and schedules come out, we just have like a draft of tickets. Throw them all in the middle of the floor and, I got this Lakers game your pick, I got the Magic, I got the Cavs, I got the other Lakers game, etc. I'd so get over on him too because his life revolves around TX and I guaranteed he'd take the 2 Houston, 2 Dallas, and 2 San Antonio before everything else and by then I'd have 2 LA, CLE, NYK,

Some teams also offer partial plans too like a "Pick 8" option or a "Weekend family night" option with all the Saturday games, or something so just check your local team's website.

maybe in 2006. you arent reselling laker tickets for a profit anymore. the only games you will make money on are against the cavs, celtics and what not unless you are dead center in the 100's  which probably take like 20 years to move up to.

I bought Giants season tickets for the first time this year. About $650 a seat, which is about $8 a game. They are playing the Red Sox this year, and with the variable pricing the Giants have, these seats were going for $50 including fees. I wanted to go to all these games, no doubt, which was gonna set me back $150 for just three games. The Dodgers, A's, giveaway games, etc. all carry a premium. So I was probably looking at spending $500+ on single game tickets if I went that way. The Giants also have season ticket holder events which is also cool.

I plan on selling the games I can't go to on StubHub or eBay. I don't care about making my money back or anything, just want to see some baseball.
laugh.gif

I have season tickets to the NY Rangers... when I can't go to a game I just post them up for sale on the team website and 9 times out of 10 they sell and I make a profit.

Teymur - Although my sarcasm meter is alittle off right now. (got into some stupid car trouble trying to be nice) I actually gained off the tickets believe it or not.

Half season center court seats that were upstairs were $45 for me last year and I paid $10 a game to park.

I went to full season to corner seats behind the basket lower level, got free parking, and paid $25 a seat.

I saved $500 and got 20 more games (since the pre-season was played at prudential and st johns)

They have given me about $1200 for tickets to different games and got me tickets to other events at the Izod center.

The team has pretty much been horrible this year. but I have gone to most of the games.

I am a nets fan but I like seeing the other teams as well. I got to see the Lakers, Nuggets, Cavs (2 times) Miami (2 times) etc etc and still was ahead of the game in pretty good seats compared to the other team and their ticket pricing.

I've got Jaguars season tickets. I don't think there is a high enough demand to make money from it though.
laugh.gif
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom