Has anyone ever worked as a Baggage Handler for an Airline?

How is it.
nerd.gif

My uncle did that exact job for Delta in Atlanta for several years....

You live on a crackhead's schedule (I think dude used start work at like 4 AM), you never get to see your fam on holidays, and it's tiring work on thattarmac, especially during them hot $!% ATL summers.

They ain't gonna let you wear 'Lo on the job either, Luck.
laugh.gif

My brother had this job for a while back at Oakland Airport.

Pretty much non-stop manual labor, working crazy graveyard shifts.

My brother did get into shape though lifiting and throwing so many bags.

My impression: do something that's more worth your time and that gives you more experience than handling luggage

I heard same thing about crazy hours but decent pay and benefits though. get to fly for free right?

airlines been on tough times, might not be like the old days.

Just don't make a thread on NT with pictures of all the nice bags you get to throw...

Originally Posted by DLo13

My uncle did that exact job for Delta in Atlanta for several years....

You live on a crackhead's schedule (I think dude used start work at like 4 AM), you never get to see your fam on holidays, and it's tiring work on that tarmac, especially during them hot $!% ATL summers.

They ain't gonna let you wear 'Lo on the job either, Luck.
laugh.gif

Lo???

My aunt's boyfriend does.

The airline where he works at in San Antonio has an on site gym for employees. And they're allowed to play PS3/XBOX during their downtime.

Dude said it's alot of manual labor. But they hook em up nicely.

Two of my boys did this. You work long odd hours at times. I remember once he had a 10 hour shift then 3 or 4 hours after it ended he had to work again but Ithink he volunteered for it. I'm not sure if all airlines throw you hours like that but if you tryin to stack that bread and willing to go hard its a goodlook. I do know that you can get injured on the job..twisted ankles..things falling on you/your foot etc. The airlines they worked for made them signcontracts, I cant remember what they entailed though. Lot of female co workers there too.

Back
Top Bottom