Has anyone every tried Absinthe?

r9nWsQPipqgqnib48HR3ucjKo1_500.jpg

Thinking about picking a bottle for my 21st... But I want to hear some opinions first.

- Safari​

I have, and the good potion(from amsterdam). Not the cheap stuff theyre marketing now around the US. I took a couple of shots and felt fine.

if you bought it in america the effects will not be what your expecting unless you add the wormwood extract to it. buy from overseas..france is a good place ora grimey country if they will ship it to you and you will get what your lookin for. quality absinthe is a good time Ive ejoyed it everytime I did it.

We once had a bottle from overseas we broke out for a friends birthday. By the end of the night, I had hit said friend with my car, where he lied in thedriveway for 15 minutes (asleep, not injured), to come up to the house and have vomit coming out of his mouth with no upheaval, just kind of falling out.Needless to say, you need this alcohol in your life.

Originally Posted by Pushak513

if you bought it in america the effects will not be what your expecting

nerd.gif

What exactly are the effects? How is it different from just drinking?

- Safari​

Originally Posted by TrueBlue Magic

It's a pain in the !!% to prepare properly and it tastes like black licorice, which I hate.
I just drank it str8 out the bottle...forget all that sugar cube cold water crap.
I bought 3 bottles from Czech. It makes you feel high and drunk at the same time but your aware of whats goin on...Good stuff
pimp.gif

A just slightly smoother than Jagermeister, but definitely not my thing.

Also usually the ones here don't have wormwood as another NTer pointed out so don't expect to be tripping out like you're on LSD or something.

bad memories.

we had the cheap us marketing version.. and the over sea's version.

it takes to long to prepair but it really hits you.

never again lol

Originally Posted by Pushak513

if you bought it in america the effects will not be what your expecting.....
COSIGN!!!!.... got some from a ABC store in NC *%!# was no different than drinkin.... except it actually made me throw-up and feel bad the nextday which NEVER happens when I drink..... If you are gonna do it go with the REAL DEAL HOLYFIELD or dont do it at all

The Absinthe itself wasn't so bad. Mixing different liquors for over 12 hours was what did me in.

I only drink wine now.
laugh.gif

2ykflgz.jpg

Originally Posted by gescobe

gross.

Tell me about it.

It was over 6 months ago though and the chances of seeing the same people out here while partying is very slim so no worries.

Yeah if your gunna get it make sure its from overseas..if thats not an option you can get wormwood in the US bu thats adding to the amount of work you have todo. PM me I'll help you out with finding the quality stuff

Originally Posted by IICEMAN83

Originally Posted by TrueBlue Magic

It's a pain in the !!% to prepare properly and it tastes like black licorice, which I hate.
I just drank it str8 out the bottle...forget all that sugar cube cold water crap.
I bought 3 bottles from Czech. It makes you feel high and drunk at the same time but your aware of whats goin on...Good stuff
pimp.gif

Maybe I had a similar one? My buddy brought some back when he went to visit the Czech Republic. This stuff is fierce for sure. Like others said, dont bothermessin with the US versions.

Real absinthe made form wormwood contains alkaloids which are hallucinogenic. You can't sell absinthe containing alkaloids in the US so you either getit without (in which case it's basically a licorice flavored liquor) or you order it form overseas...which is a lot easier than people might expect.

Back
Top Bottom