Has anyone here ever had their will done?

Just curious, I know a lot of people are just going to tell me to go to a lawyer, but how much should I be spending?

This isn't for me btw, more so a question to help my father. We spoke with a lawyer not too long ago and he was going to charge us $2k!

So I've seen things such as LegalZoom and Quicken Willmaker, which has intrigued me a bit, although I'm still very skeptical as laws do change and vary state by state.

I suppose more so my question is what is a reasonable amount to spend on making a will?

Just curious, I know a lot of people are just going to tell me to go to a lawyer, but how much should I be spending?

This isn't for me btw, more so a question to help my father. We spoke with a lawyer not too long ago and he was going to charge us $2k!

So I've seen things such as LegalZoom and Quicken Willmaker, which has intrigued me a bit, although I'm still very skeptical as laws do change and vary state by state.

I suppose more so my question is what is a reasonable amount to spend on making a will?

That's way too much! That's crazy! You should look for an online service and look up freelancers on ODesk.

That's way too much! That's crazy! You should look for an online service and look up freelancers on ODesk.

Yeah, I figured that. We had this lawyer take care of some business forms for us for transferring names from owner to new owner.

Ended up charging us $1800 with all the paperwork, 6 hours of work for $300 an hour. I understand lawyers are expensive but goodness.

Thanks for the recommendation.

I mean it all depends on how many assets there are and such. I can easily see 2-4K, especially if it's in a big city.

Check out office depot they carry durable power of attorney, last will, etc., with all the proper verbiage already included. Office depot been coming in clutch for years now. :smokin

I came in here thinking this was about cats liking their steaks well done. I was about to flame y'all :lol:

But as far as wills. Not me..atleast not yet. Just get a good life insurance policy, set up the beneficiaries. And get a freelance to get your will together. No need for the big guys. And yea it all depends on your assets

Back
Top Bottom