Has collecting/buying sneakers turned into a rich person hobby?

No it wasn't I got a job at 13 to be able to buy stuff here and there for myself bc my mom or did weren't able to

You can say that for people who had everything given to them but it's a stereotype

So because you got a job at 13 what I said isnt true? And this is NT, everyone claims they worked for their shoes growing up. :lol:

I gotta call it like I see it now and then. Most kids who grew up with a collection, hell even a rotation, had mommy and daddy funding it.

You just sound upset you didn't have the luxury and chose not to make it happen so you choose to stereotype people

Ipad crashed 
mean.gif

What I was trying to say was how do you explain Nike marketing to inner city kids back in the 90's if it was just a middle class thing? 

I'm not upset at all man. :lol:

You don't know me, how do you know I don't grow up middle class with a nice collection?

It's not that serious, and its certainly nothin to be ashamed about if your parents bought you sneakers.

Last edited:
Ipad crashed 
mean.gif

What I was trying to say was how do you explain Nike marketing to inner city kids back in the 90's if it was just a middle class thing? 

I didn't say buying sneakers was a middle class thing.

In my experience collecting and the "shoe game" is.

I just hate how hard it is for you to spend your own money on them now

with the mom and pop shops wanting you to spend damn near double 

for them whether they are hyped up or not

rigged *** raffles it just to damn much 

One day i went to lunch at work and had on the playoff 13's and the manager of the franchise was

talking to me about the recent 13 retro releases saying that he hasnt bought jordans in years

and how the 13's was his favorite dude even had high school pics on his phone

dude was saying how they do now is just to damn much work said he loved the shoes but damn a raffle

i think damn near every NT member that is over 25 with a day job says the same thing 

absolutely. i started after i finished 8th grade in 05. got some brown pack high sbs. fell in love with sneakers from then on. turned into one of my greatest and most time consuming hobbies

just seeing how jb jacks up the prices and purposely makes every dam shoe limited make my stomach twirl

i stopped collectin jordans then went back into sbs for a few months. this was back in 09. just bought a few pairs of sbs i wanted and called it quits. plus im getting older and jordans arent really my style anymore

tho i have been getting interested in running shoes like roshes and flyknits

this **** is getting so boring and lame. Just look the celebrities with heat thread, GRs are heat now. Ball players, rappers, singers, posting pics of a closet full of gr nikes, jodans or whatever else. Not just GRs but current ****, nothing from the 90s, or early 2000s. Thats why this **** is so wack.

For me i was collecting but not knowing I was. LIke most people you couldn't get everything growing up, so when you get some paper you start buying ****. FOr me, only being able to get kicks at the start of the school year, and then again after Easter. I knew how to keep my stuff fresh and clean. That habit carried over when I was able to buy my own stuff. I kept my stuff fresh and still bought new stuff. After a while you look back, and see you racked up on tons of kicks. My intention wasn't to be a collector, I just took care of my stuff.

Last edited:
idgaf anymore

its been gotten out of hand

foams every month and stuff jordans everytime i blink an eye

if you gonna spend 1000 a month on jordans or more you might as well waste it on a car or car mods

i look for sales, clearance racks or hook ups (employee discounts) . . . otherwise, I'm not paying over $99 for anything . . . the rest of you guys are free to fight over the expensive stuff.

Last edited:
I think if anything these people spending all their money on kicks are somewhat smart. Retro Jordan's retain their value and depending on popularity maybe even worth more than you paid for.

I doubled up on the Black Friday black cement 3s a couple years back, the pair that I have ds could easily get me 300 on ebay.I only have like 20 pairs of kick but each is a classic shoe that I could sell right now if I wanted too. I've seen people sell their or collection and make some good money as well.

I think if anything these people spending all their money on kicks are somewhat smart. Retro Jordan's retain their value and depending on popularity maybe even worth more than you paid for.

I doubled up on the Black Friday black cement 3s a couple years back, the pair that I have ds could easily get me 300 on ebay.I only have like 20 pairs of kick but each is a classic shoe that I could sell right now if I wanted too. I've seen people sell their or collection and make some good money as well.
If you're in it for money there are so many better ways to make it than sit on stock for years just to sell for 50-60 more than you paid. Unless you're about to unload corks left an right I'd pass on that.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you are 21 or under? So you cop a pair of Jordan 3's for $200 after shipping and tax and you could of sold for $280 after ebay fee's and shipping supplies. You make less profit then what poor Americans make in one day after two years of sitting on them. Not to mention the time it took to get them and the time spent on shipping, listing and dead beat buyers. 

Yeah people sell collections and make good money but how much of that is profit? If that amount of money and time was invested in something else I have a feeling they would of made more in long term. 

Buying sneakers as a investment is far from smart. 

I see kid's coming into flightclub in limo's with personal drivers buying **** with parents money. :smh:

tbh most kids under 18 buy shoes with their parents money

and thats probably more than half the sneaker collector community :lol:

Every pair of kicks i own was thru blood sweat & tears...thank da internet for introducing this

Culture to da lames...its w/e though, you gotta diversify with other ****, like jewelry & cars...

Every pair of kicks i own was thru blood sweat & tears...thank da internet for introducing this

Culture to da lames...its w/e though, you gotta diversify with other ****, like jewelry & cars...

This...

It's sad what it is now, hard to get and subpar quality. Do I still try? Somewhat, haven't gone to a brick and mortar in quite some time. If I don't get them online, I don't get them. Not going to stress, see it as money saved if I don't. As always, it has never been about Jordan retros only so I find ways to get my "fix". Hate that AM1's are getting hyped, didn't even want those "Yeezy"/FB joints, really wanted the Obsidians but they flew off shelves :smh:.

Air Maxes, Fly Knits have been my recent purchases.

Don't go in the JB thread, bunch of scrubs that just see us as collectors. It's the Pokemon generations, let them struggle, :lol:.

I was at a point where i felt zoo bitter about missing new releases. Rather it be because of the outrageous price or the task of trying to get a pair, which is on par with trying to help frodo destroy the ring.

But as i enter now into the back end of my 20's i got over it.
These days sure from time to time I'll spend the money on certain shoes (if it dont have to move mountains to get them). But i'd much rather buy memories.

I just hate how hard it is for you to spend your own money on them now
with the mom and pop shops wanting you to spend damn near double 
for them whether they are hyped up or not
rigged *** raffles it just to damn much 
One day i went to lunch at work and had on the playoff 13's and the manager of the franchise was
talking to me about the recent 13 retro releases saying that he hasnt bought jordans in years
and how the 13's was his favorite dude even had high school pics on his phone
dude was saying how they do now is just to damn much work said he loved the shoes but damn a raffle
i think damn near every NT member that is over 25 with a day job says the same thing 

its too much... you try online... no dice... call it another day... life>that next cop

Only problem with that is most people can no longer afford what they like. I like the black Yeezy 2, the black toe 1's, and the LeBron X elite but I know it will never happen.
So true dogg i wanted a dmp pack never got it  also a retro pair of carmines but with resellers taxing like pimps ..hype horders....I never will...Plus my 17 year old and 14 year old trying to raid my stash I feel your pain....Now im reduced to rocking gourmet lol Just how I feel
mean.gif

It just ain't worth the hassle, when the country *** town I live in has people sleeping outside I knew it was over.

I'll buy a pair here and there i cop some Olympic 180s of a clearance rack a month or two ago.

Ill give Ninjahood his props, I know what it's like to see friends get whatever they want while you're getting up at 5am sat or sun as a high schooler to go make $$$

I worked in a bakery at 13 making rolls, pizza, etc and it sucked but got me my yearly Jordan or Nike that my friends got on random trips to the mall

Back
Top Bottom