Has Melo's Image Changed ?

After all of the bad that has happened in his career . i think its kind of fair to say now he belongs & to be considered as one of the faces of theleague
he cut his hair & is making sure his actions of the court are straight what do yall think

People generally have a hard time forgetting...

You can "change" your image, but they'll still bring up any black marks you've ever had against you...and will be waiting to pinpoint anysingle little thing you do again.

I think It's has, it's great to see Melo proving them wrong.
pimp.gif

Much has to do with the attitude and focus Billups brought to the Nuggets. Yes, Melo's a different player now, but I doubt he would be this way if not forthe trade.

Its so good for him i remember back in 03 -04 when ppl had him on the same topic as wade n lebron i think he will reach back to that status now with all thesuccess Denver is having. Bullips was truley a blessing for him

He's growing up... At least from what it sounds like in his recent interviews.

Cant be too sure though cause I dont know him . You never know what these dudes do in their time off the court and camera. Not my business anyway.

Billups arrival is a gift and a curse for him.

People are going to say that unlike Wade/Lebron...he needed someone to step in lead because he couldn't himself.

I think when Billups leave he'll be under the microscope to see if he can still hold it down and have his team stay at an elite level.

Hes not there yet but hes getting there. Chauncy is a good influence on him. He will mentor Melo and show him how he can take over the game with all the skillsthat Melo has. And the more he takes over games and people realize the talent he has, the more respect he will get. It is starting obviously, on the TNT Postgame show yesterday they were praising him as the best scorer in the league (they said Bron's the best PLAYER, and Kobe is the most DANGEROUS, so lets noteveryone get butt hurt about the comment) because of how easy and effortless he can just go out and score 30. I as well as a lot other people can look past thenegatives to see talent have known this for a while but it is becoming more evident to the casual fan and TNT and the NBA are starting to give Melo his props.

Hopefully it correlates to Melo being able to get a couple more "superstar calls" during games because he gets fouled in the post almost everytime hegoes down there and he never gets a call. IDK what it is but he should be able to live at the free throw line like Bron, Wade, and Kobe for the amount of postplay he does throughout the game. But the refs show Melo no love.

With or Without all the troubles he will always be one of the most underappreciated players in the league

yyou cant really say he needed bullips reallly. Cus lebron got mo now, dwade had shaq so ppl cant really use the bullips thing on him even though it is a bigpart

Originally Posted by Youngswag24

yyou cant really say he needed bullips reallly. Cus lebron got mo now, dwade had shaq so ppl cant really use the bullips thing on him even though it is a big part
Yes he did need Chauncey...He took that team to another level with his mentality alone.

Difference with LeBron with Mo and Wade with Shaq is that Bron and Wade were still the leaders of their team. Chauncey is without a doubt the leader of theNuggets .

Ye but he is but that still doesnt take away from melo . All im saying is i think its safe to say hes almost finally about to catch up with his draft budies

Melo came from a different background than Wade and Bron. He's always been more "hood" if you will. So yeah, it'll take him longer to get agrip on things.

But he's definitely headed in the right direction.

As much as I love AI, his influence just had Melo continuing along the same path that AI himself traveled. Chilling in the hood... dressing in baggy sweats...Little @%%* like that.

You simply don't/didn't hear stories of Wade or Bron running up in clubs slapping dudes.
laugh.gif

To give a bit of credit to Melo though, he DID attempt image rehabilitation BEFORE Chauncey showed up by cutting his hair.

when he came out he and Lebron were destined to be the new larry and magic type of rivalry...its was Lebron/melo getting compared in their early years but ithink wade has taken his spot in that rivalry with Lebron...yes hes been playing out of his mind since the billups trade but i dont think melo's image haschanged just yet and i dont think hes in that same status as wade or Lebron

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Melo came from a different background than Wade and Bron. He's always been more "hood" if you will. So yeah, it'll take him longer to get a grip on things.

But he's definitely headed in the right direction.

As much as I love AI, his influence just had Melo continuing along the same path that AI himself traveled. Chilling in the hood... dressing in baggy sweats... Little @%%* like that.

You simply don't/didn't hear stories of Wade or Bron running up in clubs slapping dudes.
laugh.gif

To give a bit of credit to Melo though, he DID attempt image rehabilitation BEFORE Chauncey showed up by cutting his hair.
Basically Sums it up

Billups
pimp.gif

This guy would so be the next Joe Dumars if he decides to be a gm post-playing career.
That said, the only thing that ever stopped Melo was himself. Now that he's got a true veteran and leader to learn from about how to be a professional, Ithink he won't revert to stupidity.

Melo IS the best pure scorer in the NBA. Well either him or an ever improving Durant. He's gotta embrace that role, be smart about his shots, and justfrustrate defenders with his endless arsenal of moves!

Originally Posted by Youngswag24

yyou cant really say he needed bullips reallly. Cus lebron got mo now, dwade had shaq so ppl cant really use the bullips thing on him even though it is a big part

Billups was needed to provide veteran leadership. And thats where the difference lies between him, Bron and D-Wade. Melo has always been the star of theNuggets but not its leader. He had some "image" misteps earlier on but he grew out of that........

Originally Posted by Pretty Toney

People are going to say that unlike Wade/Lebron...he needed someone to step in lead because he couldn't himself.

I think when Billups leave he'll be under the microscope to see if he can still hold it down and have his team stay at an elite level.

thats not a fair comparison tho because they play in the east were it would be easier to advance past the first round but in the west you really need acomplete more than in the east

Originally Posted by ctdaprince

thats not a fair comparison tho because they play in the east were it would be easier to advance past the first round but in the west you really need a complete more than in the east

Thats ******ed...His team has been loaded every year hes been in the league.He got bounced from the first round for 5 straight years... 3 of those years with alegit PG (Dre Miller).And They have pretty much the same exact team from last year when they got swept with the swap of AI and Chauncey as the exception.Chauncey was the key to them reaching the next level.

nope ... hes still a punk !!* @!%*! to me ... old swingin and runnin lookin boy ... wish someone would knock his block off

Originally Posted by ctdaprince

thats not a fair comparison tho because they play in the east were it would be easier to advance past the first round but in the west you really need a complete more than in the east
Like I said...people don't forget much. At the end of the day...people will remember the fact that Wade/Lebron were always the leaders ontheir teams and carried teams with less than stellar talent on their backs.
Youngswag24 wrote:
Not the same at all...

1 - Lebron has been to finals with Eric Snow as the starting PG and Larry Hughes running the position as well. Mo has helped no doubt...but he certainlyisn't irreplaceable. Lebron is still the unquestioned leader on that team. Can you say Carmelo is the leader of the Nuggets right now?
2 - Wade's leadership hasn't been question since he put a team on his back in the playoffs as a rookie.
Didn't Bron grow up in the "hood"
I think he's speaking moreso of the "image" they portrayed but you're right...those two certainly didn't have it any easygrowing up...in fact you can make the argument that Lebron was certainly worst off than the both of them. 16 year old mother who was a drug addict...movedaround over 12 different teams staying with different people, etc. That's hell.

^
laugh.gif
Im slowly becoming a believer... He's got Chauncey to thank.

Son is doin it right now though
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom