Has there ever been a movie as hyped as THE DARK KNIGHT???

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

The marketing campaign is geared toward die-hard comic book fans. There is no hype outside that collective group. I was surprised however at the amount of cheers the prologue had before I Am Legend though. At least 1/3 of the crowd voiced their excitement before and after the trailer.

That's nothing, when I saw Superman Returns in the theaters and they previewed the first long trailer of Spider-Man 3, it literally got a standingovation with everyone clapping. Now that's hype right there.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KOBE IS THE GOAT

It's not hyped amongst the average movie-goer.

With fanboys and the internet it is...

They didn't even start the aggressive marketing campaign for the general public yet.

you're right.

and the Star Wars hype was crazy. I don't think there'll be another movie/series as hyped as that in a while.

Were you here when The Phantom Menace came out? The thread was absolutely ridiculous. People analyzing everything, making predictions, citing sources like theywere writing some essays.
smh.gif
laugh.gif
THAT was hype to the max.

Originally Posted by RFX45

That's nothing, when I saw Superman Returns in the theaters and they previewed the first long trailer of Spider-Man 3, it literally got a standing ovation with everyone clapping. Now that's hype right there.
laugh.gif

I'll guarantee you those same people were
indifferent.gif
@ the ending ofSpider-Man 3.
laugh.gif
But I know what you mean, especially since Spider-Man II(arguably one of the best comic book movies ever released) was so successful. I'm not a Spider-Man fan so I really can't comment on the marketingscheme for S-M III because I frankly didn't pay too much attention.

But really, my whole fascination with this rebooted franchise is number one, the realism that Nolan has decided to apply to the film and two, the fact thatthe comic books are referred to so often. In Batman Begins each part of the movie had some roots to the comicbooks.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Originally Posted by RFX45

That's nothing, when I saw Superman Returns in the theaters and they previewed the first long trailer of Spider-Man 3, it literally got a standing ovation with everyone clapping. Now that's hype right there.
laugh.gif

I'll guarantee you those same people were
indifferent.gif
@ the ending of Spider-Man 3.
laugh.gif
But I know what you mean, especially since Spider-Man II (arguably one of the best comic book movies ever released) was so successful. I'm not a Spider-Man fan so I really can't comment on the marketing scheme for S-M III because I frankly didn't pay too much attention.

But really, my whole fascination with this rebooted franchise is number one, the realism that Nolan has decided to apply to the film and two, the fact that the comic books are referred to so often. In Batman Begins each part of the movie had some roots to the comic books.
Marketing-wise, SM3 didn't have as much campaigns this early but since it's meant for a broader audience and more family oriented, more peopleare mos hyped to see it. I only remember some teaser posters and teaser trailers and people would go crazy for it, comic book fan or not. TDK has all thesecrazy websites/viral sites that keeping up with it is a full time job but ddefinitely a great marketing strategy.

I definitely love what Nolan did with the franchise, it's amazing how realistic the movie and in the meanwhile, it is recreated to be dark and more intuned with the comic book. Batman & Robin and Batman Forever made the franchise ridiculous to a point where no one could take it seriously, Nolan put backlife into it. And I definitely can't wait for this one.

Back
Top Bottom