Hasheem Thabeet to D-League?

Was there anyone that even expected Thabeet to go out and play right away like a regular number 2 pick should? It's obvious he was very raw coming into the League. You can't teach height, but he can always improve his game.

The Grizzlies had no way of knowing Gasol was gonna be the beast that he is. And they drafted Thabeet knowing he was a project. He just hasnt gotten a chance to play much because Gasol is doing his thing out there. So the D-League is the best thing for him. Cuz hes gonna need PT to get better. He'll prolly get called back up towards the end of the season and he'll work out with the team over the summer and maybe next year they will work out a lineup with him and Gasol.

I can guarantee that the Grizzlies havnt given up on him. They know what he can do on Defense, but hes a liability on offense. So work on that in the D-League and he can still be a solid player.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

He is not a bust yet...
He is the highest pick ever to be sent to the D-League.  How may D-Leaguer`s have you seen come back and be a starter in the league???
Chris Anderson, Andre Blatche, Ramon Sessions, Marcin Gortat, Martell Webster, Aaron Brooks.

He is not a bust yet, he has specific measurable talents, the kid can block shots at an elite level, the problems that are limiting him from being a successful NBA player are all completely correctable.

His ceiling as a Dikembe Mutumbo type defensive force is still reachable.
So you posted 5 people out of HUNDREDS and you consider this to be in his favor???'

And most of those players you posted are coming off the bench.....i said STARTERS as in EVERYDAY starters.

Send him to OKC. We already lead the league in FG% against with the least athletic center rotation in NBA history. Replace Krstic's getdunkedon's with Thabeet's blocks or at the least fouling and being there, and we'd be dynamite. We don't need buckets from him, maybe an ocassional tip dunk and catch and finish if you're in the area and the defense has fallen asleep

Ehh...still mindboggling how the Warriors passed on a Mayo/Ellis swap with Thabeet as a throw in.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Send him to OKC. We already lead the league in FG% against with the least athletic center rotation in NBA history. Replace Krstic's getdunkedon's with Thabeet's blocks or at the least fouling and being there, and we'd be dynamite. We don't need buckets from him, maybe an ocassional tip dunk and catch and finish if you're in the area and the defense has fallen asleep

That's the thing. He can't catch. I don't understand because he wasn't fumbling the ball THAT much at UCONN. It seems as if he isn't as confident in the NBA as he was in college.

He had games that made him seem like he was actually learning. Hell, it was even a stretch of games where he was playing great for us and he just went back to his same old ways like how he was playing in summer league.
Ehh...still mindboggling how the Warriors passed on a Mayo/Ellis swap with Thabeet as a throw in.
Because OJ isn't as good as people make him out to be right?

And I would love to see Thabeet running in that Golden State offense. The Warriors don't need another athletic shot blocking/rebounding presence. They have Biedrins, Randolph and Wright. They really don't need anymore length. Sure they it would've been a nice package and if someone gives you that, take it. But, its not as sweet as people make it out to be. For all you know, Thabeet could turn out to be a complete bust and since OJ ceiling isn't that high (right?) it probably wasn't as great as people made it out to be.

They need a guy that can post up and bang a little bit.

Warriors will pass on that weak trade again and again.. Thabeet has size for rebounding and can block shots.. NO OFFENSIVE SKILLS AT ALL.. if he isnt getting an alley-oop dunk or a put back dunk, he CANNOT score... less offensive skills than Patrick O'Bryant, who the warriors drafted a few years ago.. don't need another player like that.. Mayo is alright, nothing spectacular... sorry i will keep Monta everytime with a trade offer like that.. If the warriors need another big man, which i think they do someone with size (beef) and ow post game, they can easily get him in the draft this year since Warriors should be in top 3.. aka Cousins out of Kentucky... terrible trade offer... Thabeet can be a Mutumbo type player in the future..

keith%20closs.jpg

laugh.gif
at "Mr. Personality" Dale Davis in the background... this might even be from his All-Star season, too.

Originally Posted by jsolesol11

Warriors will pass on that weak trade again and again.. Thabeet has size for rebounding and can block shots.. NO OFFENSIVE SKILLS AT ALL.. if he isnt getting an alley-oop dunk or a put back dunk, he CANNOT score... less offensive skills than Patrick O'Bryant, who the warriors drafted a few years ago.. don't need another player like that.. Mayo is alright, nothing spectacular... sorry i will keep Monta everytime with a trade offer like that..

laugh.gif
you sound like you're in the management that has them at 16 wins right now

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Ehh...still mindboggling how the Warriors passed on a Mayo/Ellis swap with Thabeet as a throw in. Because OJ isn't as good as people make him out to be right?

And I would love to see Thabeet running in that Golden State offense. The Warriors don't need another athletic shot blocking/rebounding presence. They have Biedrins, Randolph and Wright. They really don't need anymore length. Sure they it would've been a nice package and if someone gives you that, take it. But, its not as sweet as people make it out to be. For all you know, Thabeet could turn out to be a complete bust and since OJ ceiling isn't that high (right?) it probably wasn't as great as people made it out to be.

No it isn't that high.

But his game fits better with Steph and I'd like to Monta just get dealt for anything at this point. They also would have been getting a 7'3 big for nothing. That's why it's mindboggling. 

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Ehh...still mindboggling how the Warriors passed on a Mayo/Ellis swap with Thabeet as a throw in. Because OJ isn't as good as people make him out to be right?

No it isn't that high.

But his game fits better with Steph and I'd like to Monta just get dealt for anything at this point. They also would have been getting a 7'3 big for nothing. That's why it's mindboggling. 

Exactly, the Warriors need to fire EVERYONE in their front office.

Mayo gives you a guard comfortable with the ball in his hands and distributing + he plays defense. Everyone looks for the next Thomas & Dumars, and in my opinion, those are two guards that it would have worked with, in which the 2 & 1 is interchangeable.

Is it too early to start comparing him to another great African center?

g_dare_vi.jpg

People always say that a certain player should've stayed more in college after he's determined to be a bust, as if that's some sort of guarantee for not being a bust.

From what i heard, we wanted monta and the warriors wanted oj and we wouldnt do it. Heisley doesnt want any long contracts at this point so the whole trade ordeal is mindboggling. Theres no telling what actually happened.

The D-League is terrible...I don't think it really develops NBA players at all. Thabeet will probably go down there and average 20, 13, and 3 blocks and it won't mean anything when he comes back to the NBA because there are a bunch of D-League players down there putting up meaningless stats that don't really show how they can contribute to an NBA roster. Sure there are a couple who get the call-up and can turn it into a chance with an NBA team but other than that, most players still suck. We got players like Keith Mcleod averaging 19 and 7 assists and Michael Harris averaging 26 and 9 rebounds
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

The D-League is terrible...I don't think it really develops NBA players at all. Thabeet will probably go down there and average 20, 13, and 3 blocks and it won't mean anything when he comes back to the NBA because there are a bunch of D-League players down there putting up meaningless stats that don't really show how they can contribute to an NBA roster. Sure there are a couple who get the call-up and can turn it into a chance with an NBA team but other than that, most players still suck. We got players like Keith Mcleod averaging 19 and 7 assists and Michael Harris averaging 26 and 9 rebounds
laugh.gif
You gotta be kidding me. The NBDL is one of the few things the NBA has done right over the past 10 years. You're laughing at the names...but that's the whole point dude. It's a minor league. What the hell type of talent do you expect to see in a minor league. Are McLeod and Harris...two guys who manage to find jobs here and there in the NBA as reserves...supposed to be averaging what they do in the NBA? 

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

laugh.gif
SOMEBODY has to put up numbers in ANY league correct? Why should the D-League be any different?

God forbid former NBA Vet KM is doing something in the D-League LOL

That's the point I'm trying to make though...does it really gauge how good these guys can contribute to an NBA roster? There are guys who have been in the D-League for years, putting up great numbers and it hasn't gotten them any closer to the NBA. It's just basically an exhibition league for these guys to play basketball and not really a farm system or anything like that. The top leagues outside of the NBA are in Europe and that's where the rest of the quality talent goes to play ball. There is such a big gap between the competition level of the NBA and the NBDL that these guys put up great numbers but it doesn't really help them prepare their game for NBA-level competition.

I think Thabeet would be better served to stay in the NBA, even as an inactive, and learn and develop in practice with his teammates. Even if he never sees the floor, going up against Marc Gasol in practice everyday > beasting on NBDL talent.

Back
Top Bottom