Have You Ever Dumped a Long Term GF?

Cat barf being the last straw got me cryin g

But shidd if you ain’t happy get up outta there. If you have exhausted all avenues and communicated how you feel, as well as what you need, and there’s been no progress and you aint happy then move around.

Edit: just seen its been under a year bruh this woman is a stranger still 😂 less than a year aint ****. If you feelin like This already get up out that jam my dawg

Right before Valentine's Day too :smh:

Savage!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Animals be knowing

The cat was right.

cat-meme-face-cat-meme.gif

Probably stealling your breath when youre asleep too :lol:

I broke up with a chick after a year. 5 months in we fly to Houston and the whole time she’s acting like she didn’t wanna be there. We get home and she’s wanting to go to all sorts of functions. One particular occasion I was a lil beat since I had worked out earlier. She picks me up, and sees I’m a lil off and asks if I just want to stay home. I get out the car and walk back in the house. After a few mins she texts my whereabouts, I tell her I’m staying home and to have fun. Later that night she texts how she hates when get the way that I do and at that moment I was done. Next morning, I moved to another spot, changed my number, took her stuff to her house, grab whatever I had there and dipped.

Never spoke to her again. I think it was petty. We most def could have had a convo but I was too immature.

Have you expressed, what is bothering you to her and how you’re feeling. If not, at least give her a chance to rectify, before you throw in the towel.

Last edited:
Past couple days I've been getting upset over seemingly "minor" things and finally reached a boiling point this morning. Cat vomited on my fresh clothes 2nd time in a week. She's been saying she's gonna take it to a vet since like November and still keeps spending on frivolous things.

We don't live together but when I think about it, I've probably been home maybe 5 times in the past month. Feel like I'm paying rent for nothing, And she lives 12 miles away which isn't necessarily long distance, but the extra gas expense & drive-time is adding stress.

After I get off work today, I'm thinking of going to her place collecting what little I keep over there (Laptop, Tools, Laundry). She'll probably ask why I'm taking my stuff and I'll tell her we're done, I don't know what else to say, if I should preface it by saying something beforehand or what.

I feel bad, not just imagining her reaction but also cause...on paper she's 100% what I was looking for. I have dinner waiting for me everytime I get home. She randomly surprises me with gifts. She's Always down to help me on my projects, even abandoning her own plans.

Her landlord is a husband/wife couple who've invited us to dinners, they like me alot along with all the neighbors in the apartment and me leaving is probably gonna hurt them too.

But deep down I feel like if I don't leave today, I'm gonna be perpetually stuck where I'm at.

How/When/Where did you break the news?
You honestly sound terrible to be around. If anything, she needs to break up with you...

Bruh you mad at her cause the cat blew chunks on your clothing. Grow up man.

Being upset about the 12 mile drive and gas money lets me know you already Checked out . Just chalk it up .

I do want to give you a warning, coming from somebody who recently exited an actual long term relationship . It’s wild out here fam lol.

But don’t let that stop you , move on if necessary

I broke up with a girl who I’d been dating for 9 years. Even bought her an engagement ring. But at the end of the day, I knew if I stuck around longer, there was a good chance I’d be miserable deep down inside. Like, the girl I left loved me more than anything. I didn’t have to ask for anything. If she knew I liked something, she’d go out of her way to make sure I got it. I bet she probably loves me more than the current girl I’m with right now. Lol.

But at the end of the day, gifts wasn’t enough to keep me around. I just lost interest in her. Was no longer physically attracted to her. I knew it was over when I cheated a few times. Don’t let it get to that point. I still carry that guilt. Break it off now before you do the same dumb **** I did.

In terms of how I did it - I just told her the truth. I didn’t want to be with her anymore, and that staying in that relationship with her where I was unhappy would be unfair to her. She deserves someone who is happy to be with her. I was no longer that guy anymore. It sucked watching her reaction, but it is what it is.

Everything worked out in the end. She’s happily married with 2 kids. I got 2 kids of my own. We’re still friends, and our kids happen to be friends too. I’m actually really good friends with her husband, and I sleep well at night knowing that she moved on.

Last edited:
damn 9 years 11 years
that's a long time to take to figure it out

first you have to know if you really want to be in a real relationship or not. real relationships are all hard work, compromise, and commitment. most people think they want to be in one but really they are just lonely.
after you figure that out, just think if you'd rather live with or without that person. if your answer is anything than i don't want to live without that person then just leave as soon as you can.

Relationship are tough because in the modern world we have to be everything for each other. There’s a lot less family, friends, society around to help ease that burden.

When my girl starts talking to me like one of her friends I immediately cut that off and say that’s not who I am or ever gonna be - go call up one of your friends to chit chat about that nonsense. We often don’t set these boundaries and the other person (or you) resents them because you’re placing unrealistic expectations on them. And sometimes it’s by no choice cuz there isn’t anything else around. In prior generations let’s say you’re wife wasn’t a great mom or a great cook - at least usually there was a lot of other family around to help out with that stuff so it’s not something that is constantly only on her.

"When my girl starts talking to me like one of her friends I immediately cut that off and say that’s not who I am or ever gonna be - go call up one of your friends to chit chat about that nonsense."

moderndarwin moderndarwin What would be some topics/subjects that would make you respond like that?

I come in peace.

Back
Top Bottom