Have you ever run over somebody's pet? vol. feeling bad

I ran over a cat once. Dumb bastard ran into my car. I got it with the back tire. I did swerve when I saw it run out into the street. Went around the block and went down a cross street and saw a group of people huddled around it.
Can't say I lost sleep over it...

-J-

RIP Mr. Diggles 
30w1rmv.jpg

Originally Posted by psk2310

Almost the same thing happened to me. We had a great day out & I was dropping my god-daughter off at her home & this yound kid was walking his retriever without a leash. It was a dark fall night out & the dog ran chasing after a rabbit. He ran right out into the road and in front of my car. I was going about at 35mph. I thought it was a person at first because I didn't see the dog & I heard my wife scream OMG. When I got out you could tell the dog was dying. I was mortified. I picked the dog up & went over to the curb while the kid went & got his car to take it to a nearby animal hospital. I found out the dog died on the way to the hospital. I still feel horrible about it whenever I think about it from time to time. It was a white lab just like the one in Marley & Me...
The thought of it being a child passed through my head briefly too. But then I thought there's no way a child could have run out in the street like that without me seeing it. I know this sounds horrible, but if it were a bigger dog (lab, golden retriever, boxer) I think I would be feeling even worse. Is that bad?

My bro ran over some guys dog in our neighbor when we were younger. My brother stopped because we felt the bump, because the dog just ran into the street(it happened so quick) my brother stepped out the car and the owner was already huddled over the dog crying, and just told my brother to just go

in high school my boy and i hit a german shepherd. he was driving. instantly died.

his rim went flying off his car and was bent in half. it was pretty upsetting.

unleashed obviously, but had tags. we went door to door trying to find the owner (it was like 8PM at night).

ended up having to call the cops to get it. cop made us pick it up and put it in the trunk

feelsbadman

Originally Posted by SouthCarolina23

I killed a huge huskie once, he was BSn in the road and wouldn't move so I plowed him. All I heard was thump thump. I'm pretty sure he was a pet. But I didn't care after blowing at him numerous times he didnt ablidge.

Late state. Lame SN. Lame number. Lame post. Lame person.

Not someones pet but I ran over a squirrel once. I was going maybe 30 and it started to run infront of my car so I slowed down. Then he ran back towards the side of the road so I started to go again. Then he did some crazy 180 and ran back infront of my car. All i heard was thump and couldnt do nothing but laugh at how stupid this %%$#+@% squirrel was.

I ran over a cat a few years back. I have been heavily aligned with the feline community since birth. Doing that really hurt me inside man. It really did. It was an accident though, but I felt bad man.

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

Ran over a turtle in the street one time, I thought I positioned myself better to avoid him
30t6p3b.gif
Couldn't wait for the slow *** turtle to cross could you?
laugh.gif

i never ran someone else's pet over, but one day i brought my science project over to my friend's house after school. My friend had a pet cat mind you. Anyway, the science project had to do with plants so i had about six different plants in an open box. So me and my friend went to go play video games in the next room when we hear the cat yelping, so we run to the next room and see the cat near my science project choking on a piece of dirt that it had swallowed from my project. We tried to save the cat, but it ended up dying. I felt like crap after that day.

Never ran somebody's pet over before but I did run over a raccoon. I tried swerving but didn't have enough time to get out the way.

I ran over my sisters cat before.... The stupid thing decided to sleep in the wheel well ontop of the back tire, I didnt know this so I got in the car and backed out the driveway. All I hear was a HUGE crush like the noise a water bottle makes when you step on it. Im trippin like %@%% what was that?! Hop out the car and there was the cat by the back tire. Told my dad. He threw it away in a trashcan in the alley. Till this day, my sister thinks the cat ran away.

almost ran over my own dog once.

he hopped this little fence we had on the side of the house because he saw me coming home (he was in the front yard with my cousins). luckily i saw something in the corner of my eye and decided to get out to investigate. there he was, waiting in front of the car like a dummy
30t6p3b.gif

leaving this thread because ive had two dogs killed by cars... feels... INCONSOLABLY bad... man

i had a bird stuck in the grill of my honda civic too. dead by the time i noticed, no idea how long it was there. felt pretty turrible

I've almost crashed numerous times trying to avoid running over these ignorant raccoons, they dont seem to give a damn! lol I've ran over a couple gerbils and frogs though.

Back
Top Bottom