Have you ever run over somebody's pet? vol. feeling bad

Was on my way home yesterday when some couple's Puggle puppy (didn't know this until I turned around and returned to the scene) ran out into the street towards some kids...thump thump. At first I just thought it was a bump in the road. Looked in my rear view and saw a clump of fur. First thing I said to myself was "don't be a dog." So I turned around and the couple had already scooped him up and put him in their car. They told me he was already dead. I felt like absolute crap.

I'm a dog lover so it made it that much worse. And to top it off, some girl and her b/f started calling me out and like I meant to do it/it was my fault. Never wanted to give someone the two piece more than I did in that moment. I was feeling bad enough about hitting the dog. These little punks had to rub it in.

Has anyone had a similar experience?
frown.gif

lol damn. nope i ranned over an already dead animal one day and i felt bad. can't imagine actually running over something thats alive.

Wasn't funny! I legit felt like I killed my own dog for a while after. The couple was visibly shaken, dude was almost in tears.

that's what leashes are for doe. they can't put the whole blame on you. unless the dog was trained then it shouldn't have been off lease. don't blame yourself brah

ran over small rabbits on highway 5 early in the am

not a dog though, im a pet lover as well, cant imagine the pain i would feel
30t6p3b.gif

smoked a cat once on the highway doing 80. Stupid thing jumped into the road, i caught it in mid air and it took part of my grill off. I didn't see it in my mirrors so I expected it to still be stuck in my hood when I stopped at a rest stop, but I didn't see em. Had zero remorse since I hate cats and this one was dumber than a sack of bricks.

i was on my way home and it was dark outside..next thing i know the dog is running towards my car..i tried to brake, but ended up running the dog over..After that im thinking "why did the dog run towards my car!" i go back to check on the dog, it did not make it. Felt bad
tired.gif

Originally Posted by lol

Wow I bet u completely mushed that little puppy. Feelbadman.
Yeah I was in a '04 4Runner. Literally felt like an average bump. Glad I didn't get a chance to see it's remains. Would be even more traumatized.

^ @lol can never take your posts seriously, your name plus the kobe lurking face always gets me

Originally Posted by SouthCarolina23

I killed a huge huskie once, he was BSn in the road and wouldn't move so I plowed him. All I heard was thump thump. I'm pretty sure he was a pet. But I didn't care after blowing at him numerous times he didnt ablidge.
indifferent.gif

Haven't ran over a pet, but I did step on my GF's old poodle 2-years ago. She likes staying near the door because of the air pressure that comes from underneath and when I went to get something, I straight mugged her. All I could hear was a whimper and yelp. Now she walks with a limp and I feel bad every time I see her...

Originally Posted by SouthCarolina23

I killed a huge huskie once, he was BSn in the road and wouldn't move so I plowed him. All I heard was thump thump. I'm pretty sure he was a pet. But I didn't care after blowing at him numerous times he didnt ablidge.
grimey 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GesheOneLove10

smoked a cat once on the highway doing 80. Stupid thing jumped into the road, i caught it in mid air and it took part of my grill off. I didn't see it in my mirrors so I expected it to still be stuck in my hood when I stopped at a rest stop, but I didn't see em. Had zero remorse since I hate cats and this one was dumber than a sack of bricks.

laugh.gif
 I hate cats too. I think they're the most useless pet on the planet. But I still dont try to hunt them down in the streets or anything lol.

Only stuff i've ran over was dead long before I ran over it.

Almost the same thing happened to me. We had a great day out & I was dropping my god-daughter off at her home & this yound kid was walking his retriever without a leash. It was a dark fall night out & the dog ran chasing after a rabbit. He ran right out into the road and in front of my car. I was going about at 35mph. I thought it was a person at first because I didn't see the dog & I heard my wife scream OMG. When I got out you could tell the dog was dying. I was mortified. I picked the dog up & went over to the curb while the kid went & got his car to take it to a nearby animal hospital. I found out the dog died on the way to the hospital. I still feel horrible about it whenever I think about it from time to time. It was a white lab just like the one in Marley & Me...

Damn sorry to hear that man..Mistakes happen and its not your fault the dog ran out into the street..And to the fools who say they have zero remorse after running over animals, something will catch up to you..

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

feelsgoodman

Not an animal person at all. The story with the cat got me. Sorry tho

Anyone who can associate FEELSGOODMAN with killing an animal, specially a dog needs to get their head checked....smh.

Originally Posted by papageorgeo510

I recently ran over a squirrel while backing out of the parking out and to hear the bones crashed. smh RIP

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 this dude called me up @ 4 in the morning all crying & ^%#$$#.. man the %$@ up B, & unblock me from Twitter

Back
Top Bottom