Having a bad meal unappreciation...

It sucks, bruh. Can't go through life without it happening, tho. Whether it's at a restaurant, someone's house, or something you made yourself, there is no escaping it.

Speaking of which, when you guys go out to eat (and let's say the food sucks), are you making a big stink and sending it back to the kitchen, or just taking the L (but mentioning it to management)?

My little brother wanted to go to California Pizza Kitchen for his birthday last week so we went, and I was surprised to see that they have a standing policy that if you hate the dish you get they will exchange it, and not charge you for both (unsure if you get charged for the former or the latter or just the more expensive of the two).

But if I get something that I dont like I'm taking my L and not making a fuss. Its my fault from deviating from what I usually like to try something different. You have to accept the benefits and the consequences for having an adventurous spirit when it comes to your food.

Last edited:
My little brother wanted to go to California Pizza Kitchen for his birthday last week so we went, and I was surprised to see that they have a standing policy that if you hate the dish you get they will exchange it, and not charge you for both (unsure if you get charged for the former or the latter or just the more expensive of the two).

But if I get something that I dont like I'm taking my L and not making a fuss. Its my fault from deviating from what I usually like to try something different. You have to accept the benefits and the consequences for having an adventurous spirit when it comes to your food.

I hear ya...

I'd like to give chefs the benefit of the doubt that when you send your food back, they'll try to fix it....but some of the stories I've heard, tho :smh:

On another note, it's crazy to me how people will eat a whole meal, complain, and then expect to get a refund or more food. It's like you knew it was bad after the first bite...not sure why you thought it would be any different by the time you were close to finishing :lol:

*edit*

What's your gameplan when invited over to someone's house who you know can't cook?

Went over to a family friend's house a few Thanksgiving's back....knew it was gonna be bad, so I stuffed myself before I went over and just kept it simple by eating salad. Gotta be prepared, yanno?

Last edited:

I hear ya...

I'd like to give chefs the benefit of the doubt that when you send your food back, they'll try to fix it....but some of the stories I've heard, tho
mean.gif

On another note, it's crazy to me how people will eat a whole meal, complain, and then expect to get a refund or more food. It's like you knew it was bad after the first bite...not sure why you thought it would be any different by the time you were close to finishing
laugh.gif

*edit*

What's your gameplan when invited over to someone's house who you know can't cook?

Went over to a family friend's house a few Thanksgiving's back....knew it was gonna be bad, so I stuffed myself before I went over and just kept it simple by eating salad. Gotta be prepared, yanno?
Agreed, you take like 3-5 bites and you know already, anything past that and you're just being scummy. I actually sent my meal back when I went to CPK. I ordered Penne Pesto and forgot to ask for chicken in it, Waitress was cool about it, and when my food came back they put MORE pasta in it to replace what I had already eaten which wasnt much, because of what I said earlier. 

I dont think I could go and swap a meal out, but I thought that was a honest mistake that the chefs would get and not think that I was complaining being that it was 100% my error.

When I go to peoples houses who I know cant cook, I just over drink water and stuff to help mask the taste.

Last edited:

I hear ya...

I'd like to give chefs the benefit of the doubt that when you send your food back, they'll try to fix it....but some of the stories I've heard, tho :smh:

On another note, it's crazy to me how people will eat a whole meal, complain, and then expect to get a refund or more food. It's like you knew it was bad after the first bite...not sure why you thought it would be any different by the time you were close to finishing :lol:

*edit*

Agreed, you take like 3-5 bites and you know already, anything past that and you're just being scummy. I actually sent my meal back when I went to CPK. I ordered Penne Pesto and forgot to ask for chicken in it, Waitress was cool about it, and when my food came back they put MORE pasta in it to replace what I had already eaten which wasnt much, because of what I said earlier. 

I dont think I could go and swap a meal out, but I thought that was a honest mistake that the chefs would get and not think that I was complaining being that it was 100% my error.

When I go to peoples houses who I know cant cook, I just over drink water and stuff to help mask the taste.

Nah I aint faking it to save feelings for anyone... no telling how that's gonna go thru ya system & come back out

i sit quietly and say nothing...too scared something like below might happen...

Last edited:
You're braver than me. I dont want to cause some long standing problem because someone made food I dont like. Its not like its gonna kill me. They've been eating their bad cooking for years and surviving.

Depends..

If I try something new and don't like it, that's kinda on me

It's different if I order something and they make it wrong

about 2 weeks ago i went to bobby burgers and i asked for my burger well done **** even said it on the damn receipt. I go to sit down and wait for my food, once i get it i lift the bun up and look everything looked good. I take a bit and all the sudden all this red blood starts coming out the burger and now my bun is juicy red cooked Rare as hell and nasty as hell unless that's how you like it. 

i went back up to the counter to let them know there mistake they looked at me like i had 4 heads. i said I'm sorry but i asked for well done burger not this. Guy asked to see my receipt so i showed him. At this point i wanted to say why do i need to show a receipt ? but i didnt want to come off like I'm being cocky just cause you never know. So i showed him and they apologize saying they will bring me a new one up shortly.

by time i got the new burger i had pretty much lost all appetite from that blood bite man that **** was horrible man. 

a cook should not mess something like that up when its right on the receipt, i understand we make mistakes but c'mon thats not one to make

I never send something back if I don't like it - usually just take the L. My goddamn mother-in-law has an issue everytime we all go out for dinner, at least 9 out of 10 times she is sending something back, *****ing about service, etc. All while belittling the server. Drives me ******* nuts. :lol:

If its bad I send it back.

I remember once I went to a chinese place and sent it back because the string bean was burnt and all they did was cook the same string beans in more oil. 
roll.gif

Can't lie it did taste kinda bomb tho

Depends..

If I try something new and don't like it, that's kinda on me

It's different if I order something and they make it wrong

I feel the same way, although I can't remember the last time I had a bad meal. *cough* Instagram plug in sig *cough*

:lol:

I never send something back if I don't like it - usually just take the L. My goddamn mother-in-law has an issue everytime we all go out for dinner, at least 9 out of 10 times she is sending something back, *****ing about service, etc. All while belittling the server. Drives me ******* nuts. :lol:

I cannot eat out with people like that. It's flat out embarrassing.

How people treat servers says so much about what kind of person they are.

I cannot eat out with people like that. It's flat out embarrassing.

How people treat servers says so much about what kind of person they are.
yeah. Tell me about it. It is the exact opposite way I would ever act in a restaurant.

I know someone like this, she also does it at fast food joints (Mc D's)...I always think to myself "enjoy your spit lady"

Last edited by a moderator:
People who know me, know that I don't eat from every and anybody. If I'm invited over to someones crib that can't cook or their food doesn't look appetizing, I just wont eat or to make it not look bad I pick up a small plate with things that people can't mess up like salad. Even that I will pick around and dump when I'm ready. If you can't cook you shouldn't invite people over to your house for dinners and such.

Last edited:
Man I once saw this family straight up tear into this kid at iHop. The whole time they were there they yelled at him, complained about the length of time they had to wait for their food even though the place was packed you could obviously see why it was taking a long time to get the food, not to mention it was like five of them, the food itself, and him. You could see sons hands shaking he was just a kid man, felt so bad about it. These people were at the table next to mine so we got to see the whole thing go down, and after all that abuse they laid on that kid, they didn't tip. Most disgusting thing I've ever seen.

So we got the kid as a server and we decided to tip for that table. Start talking to him, and what was a surprise to nobody, this was his first job and like his third day. Dude was headed off to college in the summer and just wanted some money for books and whatnot. 

People who just complain all day long when they're out for food are the worst, spare me the "Its their money they should expect certain things" drivel, those people didnt treat that kid with an ounce of respect. Just because he's serving you doesnt make him your servant.

Last edited:
about 2 weeks ago i went to bobby burgers and i asked for my burger well done **** even said it on the damn receipt. I go to sit down and wait for my food, once i get it i lift the bun up and look everything looked good. I take a bit and all the sudden all this red blood starts coming out the burger and now my bun is juicy red cooked Rare as hell and nasty as hell unless that's how you like it. 

i went back up to the counter to let them know there mistake they looked at me like i had 4 heads. i said I'm sorry but i asked for well done burger not this. Guy asked to see my receipt so i showed him. At this point i wanted to say why do i need to show a receipt ? but i didnt want to come off like I'm being cocky just cause you never know. So i showed him and they apologize saying they will bring me a new one up shortly.

by time i got the new burger i had pretty much lost all appetite from that blood bite man that **** was horrible man. 

a cook should not mess something like that up when its right on the receipt, i understand we make mistakes but c'mon thats not one to make

That's not blood. Just juice from the burger, forgot the official word for it.

If it's a meal I'm familiar with I take it back, if it's something new and I don't Ike it I take the L or order something else.

Back
Top Bottom