Having surgery for a Partial Lateral Meniscus Tear. HALP!!!

Scheduled for surgery on my lateral meniscus in a couple hours. The doctor said it should be a simple procedure. Any NTers that are or aren't athletes care to chime in what to expect after the procedure?

- How soon you started rehabbing?

- How long it took to get back to 100%

- Recommended workouts?

- Which knee brace do you recommend to wear when you're working out or playing basketball.

- How long were you on crutches?

Scheduled for surgery on my lateral meniscus in a couple hours. The doctor said it should be a simple procedure. Any NTers that are or aren't athletes care to chime in what to expect after the procedure?
- How soon you started rehabbing?
- How long it took to get back to 100%
- Recommended workouts?
- Which knee brace do you recommend to wear when you're working out or playing basketball.
- How long were you on crutches?

Tore my ACL and lateral meniscus about a month ago as well.

I've been rehabbing before surgery. They've been harping on the importance of maintaining mobility in the knee.

For the meniscus I hear it's about 6 months for recovery. They say rehab is the main thing to returning to normal or better. Most people skip out because the pain/lack of motivation.

The MRI should reveal the nature of the tear for the meniscus. If it's not torn to bad they try and suture it back together. Hopefully the meniscus isn't displaced acting as a barrier for the natural motion of the knee.

I've been able to walk with out crutches for about a week. I keep the "J" brace on for support and minimize the buckling.

Just stay positive, do the rehab, and once the initial shock of being hurt where's off you should be good.

Try avoiding pain pills as the tolerance builds up quick.

On an alternative note, it sounds out there but fasting helped me a lot initially.

Crutches is the worst part. I broke my foot, almost 3 weeks ago. Have an appointment on the 17th to see how the Jones fracture is healing. Naturally low blood flow in that area so it may take longer to heal than normal.

Havent walked in 2 and a half weeks, it seriously sucks.

Back
Top Bottom