Hawaii NT’ers CHECK IN! Vol. ALOHAAA

i grew up in mililani but i live in town now.

ala moana beach park was packed yesterday. i was complaining to a co-worker that there was a big group of dummies playing water polo there and she said...oh that’s my grandson. they practice there every day. i was like..
CC2C3201-A520-4FF7-9981-A6F6FA1C162D.jpeg

the islands are too small sometimes.

LMAOOO

Yeahhh man, these past few months Waikiki has been nice and chill, especially to grab a bite to eat or just for a bike ride.

But thats OVER now lol tourists are back crawling everywhere

I’m happy to get the local economy back going, but damn gonna miss an empty Waikiki....never going to be like that again.

who else outchea???

I had a few job offers in Hawaii , is it worth living in. How's the infrastructure there and day to day life as a non tourist?

I’ll be out there to visit a cousin in June, looking forward to it ....all 2 weeks lol

cost of living is ridiculous. traffic is terrible (on oahu). property crime rates are high but violent crimes are not.

putting all that aside, we are a super diverse mixing pot of people and as a result, racism is way more subdued. weather is pretty nice all year round for outdoor activities. in the summer it gets pretty hot and the air is much more humid than the mainland. the beaches here are super nice. hiking is great. lifestyle pace is slower. people in general, are pretty friendly. i like visiting the mainland but i don’t want to live there after being raised here. i think solewoman solewoman or any other mainlander that has been transplanted can speak on the differences from a better perspective.

If you ever get the opportunity to live there I say go for it. stuntman mike stuntman mike hit the nail on the head. I couldn’t live there permanently. Despite all the island hopping I did I still got bored and missed the hustle and bustle. Crazy I know. I’d love to raise my kids there just because the people (natives) are genuine, straight to the point but at the same time they don’t play. But the schools weren’t the best. Lots of military there and I found it easier to get shoes.
It’s expensive too so hopefully your job adjusts for that.

best beaches imo are all the ones the tourists weren’t at lol.

Last edited:
the schools weren’t the best.

best beaches imo are all the ones the tourists weren’t at lol.
public elementary schools in most neighborhoods range from not good to terrible. there are a few decent ones but in general they are either in pricier neighborhoods or in the case of mililani mauka, it’s a crappy daily commute if you work in town. private schools are expensive. we pay out of our *** for my son’s tuition and my daughter’s day care.

the best beaches are def not the popular tourist spots 😎

Thanks for the insight, my wife likes beaches and more tropical climates. I'm the opposite, I like severely cold weather :rofl:

I may take a contract to live there for a couple of years in the future.

Back
Top Bottom