**Haynesworth to the ********. Skins are Super Bowl Bound in July Once More...**

Skins make Haynesworth a $100 million man

Football has its first $100 million defensive player.

Defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth reached agreement Friday on a seven-year, $100 million - yes, $100 million! - record-breaking deal with the Washington ********.

A press conference is scheduled for Friday at 5 p.m. ET, assuming Haynesworth passes his physical.

The deal includes $41 million guaranteed in the first three years, and the maximum value of the deal could be $115 million. It is the richest contract ever given to a player and includes more guaranteed money than in any contract in NFL history.

And just like that, football has its first $100 million defensive player.

b8r4pc.gif

Next up...

Mike Vick takes back what's his.

Can't wait to see all of "DMV" in #7 skins jerseys...........

"Jezzy don't do it!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

NAW! NAW! NAW! NAW!"

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. I Thought the ******** barely had any Cap space. Well it looks like some people are getting released. Bye Shawn Springs

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

Next up...

Mike Vick takes back what's his.

Can't wait to see all of "DMV" in #7 skins jerseys...........

"Jezzy don't do it!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

NAW! NAW! NAW! NAW!"
vick can't get #7 cuz ******** retired joe theismann's #7 in the ring of fame
smile.gif

maybe joe will give it to him, who knows
laugh.gif

First.. Vick aint neeeeeva gettin #7 cause those Skins Jerseys would have to be Bootleg cause Joe aint givin up his # to a brotha.. lol Skins dont officiallyretire Jersey #s but the Equipment dude just don't hand out Charlie, Riggos and Sonnie, as well as Art and Joes #.. aint happenin..

Next.. I can't hate on Synder.. The dude wants to win by getting who he thinks will address needs. For all we know he is the greatest capologist in theworld. he must be sneakin money to players via Endorsements thru other companies he owns or something, because he is NEVER hamstrung.. EVER....

he got Deangelo Hall too.. For all those who want to talk about Character issues.. F that.. I am with Chad Johnson.. Cinci was better when they had thugsplayin.. and I dont want Nice guys on Defense.. I want a dude people will lose sleep over.

Switch Jason Taylor back to his natural position and you have Fletch back there. ... Oh my goodness..

All we need now is for the Backup Wild Child Wide OUt to Start over El....and better play callin....

Oh yeah and a new O line and a New QB.... and a solid RB back up with a new O coordinater and we are good.

Damn.. we are still short...

If the Super Bowl were played in the off-season the ******** would have the most rings out of any organization. Unfortunately for the Skins and moreimportanly their fans, championships aren't based off of free agency signings, this is just another example of the ******** wasting money.

WHYYYYYY?! Albert definitely deserved to get paid. I just wish it could've been by us. I just hope we can get a wide receiver this free agency. Likeseriously, who IS Tennessee paying that they couldn't hold on to their most important and best player? SMH. FML.

Deuce, its yet to be determined if they wasted money.

My take? It isn't my money, just the team I follow as a big fan. How he makes it work is not my problem. He is finally addressing needs.

Also, from what they are sayin on 980 ESPN is that there is alot of performance incentives built in to keep ole boy interested even though the 41 MillionGuaranteed should be enough incentive.. lol

Who can say itsa waste unless you have seen him NOT produce for the Skins.. surely a 49er fan can't make that judgement if Skins fans cant..

classic snyder. he spends all this money and the skins still won't see another superbowl except for at home on tv like the rest of us. i think it'squite comical actually.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Deuce, its yet to be determined if they wasted money.

My take? It isn't my money, just the team I follow as a big fan. How he makes it work is not my problem. He is finally addressing needs.

Also, from what they are sayin on 980 ESPN is that there is alot of performance incentives built in to keep ole boy interested even though the 41 Million Guaranteed should be enough incentive.. lol

Who can say itsa waste unless you have seen him NOT produce for the Skins.. surely a 49er fan can't make that judgement if Skins fans cant..

Rock, I hear ya champ, truly I do. However I think even you can admit that the ******** or morso Synder seems to have a revolvingdoor mentality when it comes to players and coaches. Truth be told, I don't expect Zorn to be here more than 2 more years.

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

$100 million for this guy????????

Looks like another 8-8 season.......

No... 40 million for this guy.. you know that the NFL's contracts are not like the NBA, MLB and NHL.....
worth the gamble.....
pimp.gif

and stop that talk of Vick..... unless the Skinz are going to a wildcat offense ( which is the only thing Vick is and has ever been able to run see 50%completion numbers
sick.gif
)

SKINZ GO AND MAKE A TRADE FOR A BIG TYME RECIEVER!!
indifferent.gif

I like Moss but damn....
ohwell.gif

skins wasting all this money again for what? they ARE NOT winning the chip....lol how much smoke yall gonna let snyder blow up ur u know whats? LOL smh

being a ******** fans FTL!!!!

Imma just cut n' paste from what I said in S&T

Skins have an excellent defense...he will only make them better. For a team that gets zero to no pressure on the QB, this Haynesworth signing (if it works)will pay dividends. A GREAT defense will take you a long way. You can have an average offense, but as long as your D can generate turnovers and get to the QB,it will take care of itself.

Look, I'm every bit as skeptical about this signing as the next man. However, I am not mad at it one bit. It's a gamble, but has the potential toreally workout. It all depends on AH's mindset. If he's compacent w. his $ and half %!**% it, then the Skins f'd up again. However, if he canmaintain his high level of play like he displayed over the past 2 seasons, then this is going to be a dynamic signing by Danny...

I just hope that AH can make a big impact like Danny's (only) other big time FA acquisition in London Fletcher...as I've said numerous times before, wewere handcuffed by only having 4 picks in the draft so we had to make a splash in free agency. 100 mil is a huge amount of $, but we have some of the mostsaavy cap experts in the NFL on our side, so I am not concerned about the long-term effects. Danny will get it right...and I hope that Haynesworth is the startof that trend...

*for what it's worth, Haynesworth turned down MORE money from the Bucs...and the same w. D.Hall...he also turned down another (larger) offer from adifferent team to stay in DC...

For all those who want to talk about Character issues.. F that.. I am with Chad Johnson.. Cinci was better when they had thugs playin.. and I dont want Nice guys on Defense.. I want a dude people will lose sleep over.

Co-MF'n-sign!!!

I ALWAYS laugh at skins fans who bring up "well we want character guys" blah blah blah...Sean Taylor (RIP), wasn't exactly a choirboy on thefield. And like you said Rock, dudes most likely would lose sleep over a guy like him. Such a double-standard when ANYTHING involving the Skins is broughtup...

Also, having a good/GREAT DT makes life easier for the rest of the defense....Look no further than Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher...as great as they are, theywouldn't be nearly as productive with a cream puff trying to stop the run or get to the QB from the DT/NT spot. Haynesworth is the goods....he's beenthe best DT in the NFL BY FAR for the past 2 years. Whether the incentive/motivation came from a big payday on the horizon, who knows? There are going to be alot of questions surrounding him and especially if he can maintain his level of domination with all this money he just got. I am more than pleased that he hasa lot of performance incentives worked into his deal, because that is a good way to keep this dude hungry if he wants an extra mil or two....

It's cool to hate on the Skins and their free-spending owner...I get that...however, Danny wants to win...there is no doubt about it. He's had a lot offailures in FA, but sooner or later it's going to turn around. He's a good businessman, and most of his saavy comes from NOT giving up when you haverepeated failures. We have gone after past their prime FA's (Bruce Smith), overrated FA's (Archuleta), and made dumb trades (Duckett & Lloyd)...butlost in all of this is the gem in London Fletcher that we got 2-3 years ago. Danny CAN do it....eventho there are many dumb decisions made by our FO and Danny,I'm happy that he is not bashful in spending the cash to get the best players on the field for us. AH is 28 years old...dude needs to stay healthy andmotivated. If those two factors come true, then this is a very good pick-up for the Skins...

Washington Bullets were full of "character" guys during Unseld's era.

He demanded it.

It replaced actual WINS.

GO CAPITALS!

smh!

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

Washington Bullets were full of "character" guys during Unseld's era.

He demanded it.

It replaced actual WINS.

GO CAPITALS!

smh!
^^^ lololol.. When I read that at first I thought you were in favor of character guys...lol... then I read it as Eyes would write it and ILOL'd..

Like Dub J said.. The Danny has been tryin to treat the Skins like his businesses.. get the best guys out there at their positions. He has realized along theway this isn't fantasy football, but hey.. even Jerry Jones has growing pains.

I can't stand the lil Fer myself.. but respect he wants the team to win as much as I do. He knows hes going to make money hand over fist and EVERYONEaround the league is scratching their heads on how he always makes it work. (The Cap).

He hired the best guy to handle it. Its why I am convinced Vinnie has pics of him with Big Animals or Little boys with Vinnie keepin his job for as long as hehas. You didn't really need Vinnie to land Haynesworth..just a fat cheeckbook..

Im vested in my skins.. just like others are in their teams. unlike the Wiz where I could care less til they change back to the Bullets or Leonsis takesover.. I realize that Dannys all we got, so we better just deal with what he's giving us.

At least the Skins have hope every year. Can the Wiz say the same?

Isn't the OP a Broncos turned bandwagon ravens fan??

Hate for the Skins runs deep on this site.

What does my loyalty have to do with the fact that once again y'all are paying top dollar for a bamma that is gonna see his numbers drop just like ERRYBODYelse that comes through Landover.

I need to dig up the Jason Taylor thread from last year that you villagers swore up and down was gonna bring defense to the team.

My-T.

Its hard for me to value the opinion of guy who's a Broncos fan week 5 then has a HUGE Ravens sig come playoffs.

Let's just wait 'til the season starts to begin declaring busts.

And I ask you again, what does my following of a team have to do with the fact that no ******** major free agent pickup haslives up to their fans expectations?

And why can't I like the Ravens? I live in Baltimore. I work in Baltimore. I was a Denver Broncos fan growing up because I was a military brat that justpicked up a team to follow, who are you to judge my opinion because I root for a team?

My-T.

Back
Top Bottom