MAX | Out Now | Tokyo Vice Season 2

Not going into the Watchmen thread yet to avoid spoilers but God damb I just wanted to comment on how wild and ambitious this **** was. I just finished ep 4, where they introduced the Asian lady. Appreciate the recommendations I should have gotten on HBO way sooner to have watched it and all the other shows with y'all

Whole show is a mind **** in every way so far especially with Veidt, seem like I'm watching a completely diff show when they flip to him :lol:

Cal reminds me of Giveon. **** is wild

This is what was recommended to me initially. So far I've watched Euphoria and Mrs. Fletcher. Both good imo. I'm on Raised by Wolves- pretty out there, very Ridley Scott

Lovecraft Country
Euphoria
Succession
Chernobyl
I May Destroy You
I Know This Much Is True
The Plot Against America
Insecure
Barry
Big Little Lies
Betty
Mrs. Fletcher
A Black Lady Sketch Show
The Young/New Pope
Random Acts of Fitness
High Maintenance
Avenue 5
Raised By Wolves
Watchmen

Additional shows that I will watch or have watched:

Search Party
Sharp Objects- Watched, it was pretty good
The Outsider

HBO really is on another level man. They done hit it out the park with their OG shows. Particularly lately. They’re timely with some social commentary but not in a forced way.

Like, the subtle/not so subtle thread that connects a wacky-but hilarious comedy like Righteous Gemstones - Followed directly by quick hitting not in your face humor with succession. And they all have some similar themes....and relevant with what’s going on politically today. And the tie in with plot against America....although more overt - brings things in fuller view.

Then the watchmen and Lovecraft symmetry are particularly timely....but ambitious and imaginative. Those have probably been my favorites over the past 3 or so years.

Y’all damn near recommended every show on HBO....and I can’t even crack a joke because I’ve watched them all and they are all fire. HBO’s original content is unmatched. I can’t really think of any of their misses. I think most things on HBO that folks classify on HBO as a “miss” is only because they are held to a higher standard and those same shows would be considered elite on other networks.

Has anyone seen that show “Industry”? It was recommended to me by HBO Max. I think the protagonist is a girl but it’s about a group of grads fighting for a job at a top investment bank in London. Scary HBO knew to recommend that to me and I’ve added it to my list but I thought I’d solicit input first because they’re 50-60 minutes episodes so that’s a commitment :lol:

Additional shows that I will watch or have watched:

Search Party

Posted this in the official thread but not much traffic in there so I figured I mention it in here. Looks like HBO is staggering the Search Party release (likely because of COVID). They released 3 episodes today, three more come out next Thursday (21st) and the final 4 on the 28th :smh: In the Netflix thread mentioned Amazon Prime might be doing that with some content as well. I understand why they’re doing it but so I just wanted to binge :lol:

1610655676983.jpeg

Last edited:
Damn dawg. Half way through S3 and that poster spoils it. 😂

Show is cool tho.

Was able to see a small clip of some of the films that are coming out on the app. Not a fan of Mortal Kombat, Godzilla and Kong look pissed off as usual, still dont care about Suicide Squad although hearing Cena drop F bombs is funny, Matrix 4 is intriguing. Didn't really care for anything else

Anyone watch Flight Attendant and audio description randomly turns on? I’m on episode 7 and it just started. Can’t figure out how to turn it off.

Back
Top Bottom