MAX | Out Now | Tokyo Vice Season 2

Is Gomorrah good? I feel like I’ve been watching the same episode over and over. Lemme guess...that same music starts at the end of the episode and another character gets murdered in cold blood.

Is Gomorrah good? I feel like I’ve been watching the same episode over and over. Lemme guess...that same music starts at the end of the episode and another character gets murdered in cold blood.
I thought it was decent. I enjoyed ZEROZEROZERO more though.

So do I, but the production was just better. All on location. They spent a lot of money on that, and it's so well shot. It reminded me at times of Sicario.

Soundtrack was dope too.

I like some of the performances in Narcos. They’re both different looks at the narcotics trade. One semi factual, historical. The other a tale of the supplier, distribution and buyer of drugs.

Just watched the Little Things. So mad I wasted my time on it. That ending was so unsatisfying.

I always see folks say that on here. ZZZ has better cinematography but thats about it. I'd rather watch any 1 season of the Narcos franchise over ZZZ.

And I really enjoyed ZZZ.

The characters are what make Narcos (except for that one Gringo in the first two seasons). The one scene where it was like Justice League with Pablo, El Jefe, etc.

I think the cinematography and tense scenes are where ZZZ are better. But that’s about it.

But seriously mad at that Little Things ending. That movie was the definition of anti climatic and a waste of the three talents. Seven it’s not.

ZZZ is overrated up here. One entire storyline wasn't even very good to me. I tuned out every time they were on screen. Without that I would say it would be better than Narcos.

consensus on Tom & Jerry?

Better than Pablo Seasons 1 or 2?

The first El Jefe season? Or the Cali Cartel?

ZZZ is definitely over rated. The story, and acting isn’t great. It’s all the cinematography, music, action. The distribution storyline was lame. The Vampire story Was the best. And Mafia was a distant second.

1614655615670.jpeg

1614655639992.jpeg

Took me a minute to watch Judas. I knew it was going to be deep, I needed to get in the right frame of mind for it. Daniel and Lakeith were exceptional. Todd was good too although his arc could’ve been written better. Originally he seemed like a naive, semi Do Gooder and then by the end he’s a full fledged Devil. I’m curious what Boots Riley take is on this film. The movie reminded me a bit of Blackkklansman a few years ago. Boots had hot take about how Spike Lee’s movie was fake as hell and that the dude in the film was part of COINTELPRO and did a lot of harm to the community. Judas deals with that presumably more accurately than Blackkklansman.

Nah the snitch was hence the title Judas and the Black Messiah

I got push back from many in the main thread when I suggested this.

This was not a story about Fred Hampton.

If it was I would I ld of been super disappointed.

This was the story of William O'Neil

Nah the snitch was hence the title Judas and the Black Messiah
Then the title should've just been Judas.

Hampton is clearly the Black Messiah being referenced.
I got push back from many in the main thread when I suggested this.

This was not a story about Fred Hampton.

If it was I would I ld of been super disappointed.

This was the story of William O'Neil
My thing is if this was a William O'Neil story then it was terrible.

Didn't really learn about the man. Its mostly a snapshot of one point in his life where he was in over his head playing rat and fake revolutionary for the FBI and assisting an assassination. Then it has no follow up other than showing an interview of the actual O'Neil decades later about those events and then telling us in text he committed suicide.

I guess that's why Kaluuya is the one that got nominated for awards and actually won.

Then the title should've just been Judas.

Hampton is clearly the Black Messiah being referenced.

My thing is if this was a William O'Neil story then it was terrible.

Didn't really learn about the man. Its mostly a snapshot of one point in his life where he was in over his head playing rat and fake revolutionary for the FBI and assisting an assassination. Then it has no follow up other than showing an interview of the actual O'Neil decades later about those events and then telling us in text he committed suicide.

I guess that's why Kaluuya is the one that got nominated for awards and actually won.

So if the story was about Fred then it holds up as GOOD IYO?

I don't get it.

So if the story was about Fred then it holds up as GOOD IYO?

I don't get it.
I thought I was clear.

If this is a story about O'Neil it isn't a good story. Half of it is about Hampton and the Panthers. Dude managed to get a mini romantic story arc in there. Meanwhile, O'Neil was just mostly paranoid.

The story is about Fred Hampton and his assassination by the FBI and its a really good story.

Back
Top Bottom