HBO Mini-Series: The Pacific (Official Thread) Part 10 5/16 9PM

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

pretty good first part......felt really short, like 40 min.

crazy part was when they weee missing on purpose shooting at the japanese soldier on the lake...crazy stuff

part 2 is next sunday am i right?

all the episodes are between circa 45-53 minutes. show gets epic. stay tuned

crazy part was when they weee missing on purpose shooting at the japanese soldier on the lake...crazy stuff

part 2 is next sunday am i right?
i felt sick looking at that part. they were treating him like he was less than human. i mean i know its war, but still.
smh.gif

and yes, the episodes come out every sunday. i cant wait for the next one.
pimp.gif

I saw the episode last night and I have to say that it was pretty good. I, also got sick to my stomach when I saw them treat that Japanese soldier like he was some creature just shooting at him as though he was nothing.

I hate to say this but I was kind of let down.  I really didn't get into any of the characters and there didn't seem to be any flow to what was going on.

So far....Band of Brothers FTW.  Maybe even though it's the same guys that made the Pacific, its just impossible to make something better than, or even equivalent to, Band of Brothers.  

This was the best part of the first episode IMO.  Took me a sec to realize they were basically putting the guy through misery by shooting him one limb at a time.  Cool to see because I'm sure that is exactly what it was really like.

Finally watched it (On Demand ftw)

I liked it, although it should have been longer (an hour and half like the BoB beginning.)

The scene with all the dead Japanese soldiers on the beach was so surreal.

still have to watch the premier. i have been waiting for this series to release for years since BoB, which was all sorts of crazy. Generation Kill was really good too. HBO for free FTW.

1/2 way through. dope so far.

also, a lot of you guys are saying there wasnt enough character development or whatever in the 1st episode.... from what i understand, the entire series centers around 3 (real) dudes. so, im sure we'll get to know them pretty well before its all over.

Yeah. Unlike BoB, the only real character development in this series is just those 3 characters (Basilone, etc, etc.). They really couldn't focus on any one batallion or company because from what they said, the company was so fluid it was always replacements being brought in.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

do i have to watch band of brothers to understand this?
No not at all, its a completely different group of characters.

Cant wait for next weeks episode, and to have this and BoB both on Blu-Ray
pimp.gif
happy.gif

why are people comparing it to Band Of Brothers? one doesn't have to be better than the other, BOB was telling the story of Easy Company in Europe during D-Day and so forth. The Pacific is the same setup, dope music by Hans Zimmer and different characters just earlier in the war after Pearl Harbor obviously covering the Marines. interviewing the real guys before is some of the most interesting pieces of these entire series

I'm up to Part 4 of BoB (watched the first three seemingly rather quickly earlier this afternoon). Taking a break to go to the gym, then onto Part 4.

So far, it's lived up to the hype I've heard (and I hear it only gets better). It's so well filmed, so well written, 
pimp.gif
. I'm really happy I'm getting to watching it finally.

Carry on with the Pacific discussion, though.

So, I just finished the entire series of BoB. It took me three days to watch, and let me tell you, it was the best three days I've spent of watching television in my life. 10 hours (give or take less because of fast forwarding through the intro) of amazing acting, amazing dialogue, and amazing directing.
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
I did not expect the troops to be stationed in Austria for that long waiting to hear whether or not they were going to Japan. They lost so much time that they could have had leading a normal life back in the states, but they did it together. I won't lie, when Winters (present day) was shown saying how his grandson asked if he was a hero and he said no, but he was with a whole company of heroes, I got a little choked up. Deep stuff right there.

Now, it's on to the Pacific from now on.

^u will love it.....some of the war veterans that are still alive that were part of that group get interviewed briefly and they are all choked up talkin about it

how many parts is the pacific?

yea i was kinda hoping that they had some of the Vets talking on this one but i guess not and i think theres gonna be like 11 parts for the Pacific one
the first one was pretty good...

-Tyler

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

why are people comparing it to Band Of Brothers?
Because it's a HBO miniseries about WWII made by the same people? I was kind of let down. Hope it starts to pick up.

watched it on demand last night. i enjoyed it.
i think this can be good.

i see need to see band of brothers, and dare i say, the full saving private ryan.

Originally Posted by UGK4Life

^u will love it.....some of the war veterans that are still alive that were part of that group get interviewed briefly and they are all choked up talkin about it

how many parts is the pacific?

yea i was kinda hoping that they had some of the Vets talking on this one but i guess not and i think theres gonna be like 11 parts for the Pacific one
the first one was pretty good...

-Tyler

It's a 10 part series.  I really thought the first episode caught the viewers attention quickly.  Tom Hanks and Steven Speilberg = Greatness.

Back
Top Bottom