HBO Mini-Series: The Pacific (Official Thread) Part 10 5/16 9PM

Part 5 last night was great, a definite turning point for the remaining five parts. The daytime battle scene, starting in the water was
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Watched it last night.  A ton of action but.....ehh.  Once again, the show is a'ight. 

It's getting better but not in the same league as Band of Brothers.  I still never know any of the characters except that guy that talks like he's high and the nerdy kid.

Looks like the actions picking up from the preview.

I HONESTLY don't know any of the characters except Lucky and the guy who act like he's high. Looks like they strayed away from the OG crew to the mortar group. Unless they're all the same? IDK.

I'm wondering when they're gonna flash back to the guy who returned home as a hero.

Ugh, I am seriously confused about who the heck is suppose to be the main cast the show revolves around.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Looks like the actions picking up from the preview.

I HONESTLY don't know any of the characters except Lucky and the guy who act like he's high. Looks like they strayed away from the OG crew to the mortar group. Unless they're all the same? IDK.

I'm wondering when they're gonna flash back to the guy who returned home as a hero.

Ugh, I am seriously confused about who the heck is suppose to be the main cast the show revolves around.

^My point exactly.
I almost don't even wanna keep watching. It's one of the reasons Bands of Brothers was so good. Most of the main characters just fit into the background. It's not exactly that they can't act, but that they don't have memorable faces apart from the extras. It makes the action harder to follow and care about a lot of times. That last episode was 
pimp.gif
 but still...

Tonight is Part 10, the finale of the mini-series. Not much of a following of the show on NT eh'? I take some blame because I've slacked on keeping the thread up to do date, but still...

Part 10: After the Japanese surrender, the Marines head home.

Preview Part 10

The conclusion was really moving. So many moments where I just felt sad watching it. Between Lena handing Basilone's parents his Medal of Honor, Snafu not waking up Sledge to say goodbye (and not talking to anyone from the service for thirty-five years), and Sledgehammer's post-war life in general....

The series as a whole was well done (some of the battle scenes were simply amazing). It' was no Band of Brothers, but it was a very good watch in my opinion.

"Stop, you're staring."- Vera
"I'm sorry. ..... Actually, I'm not"- Leckie
(So simple, but at the same time so boss
pimp.gif
.)

Back
Top Bottom