HBO Mini-Series: The Pacific (Official Thread) Part 10 5/16 9PM

bkmac

Banned
http://www.hbo.com/#/the-pacific

hbo-the-pacific.jpg

I never got around to Band of Brothers (I am going to start watching the episodes this week), but I will not miss out on The Pacific.

Part 1: Leckie and Phillips land on Guadalcanal.

band of brothers is amazing, u have to see all 10 parts....they re-ran them this week

i will def. see the pacific tonight

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

band of brothers is amazing, u have to see all 10 parts....they re-ran them this week

i will def. see the pacific tonight
I have a link to watch BoB online, so I planned on watching one/two a day this week to get it over with so it doesn't interfere with The Pacific.

Thanks for the thread, I have been anticapating this series ever since it was announced almost a year ago. I have the BoB steelcase DVD set, my fav mini tv series of all time. It's the GOAT. My only prob is, I don't have HBO anymore
laugh.gif
... ugh, dont feel like ordering it right now
frown.gif

^u will love it.....some of the war veterans that are still alive that were part of that group get interviewed briefly and they are all choked up talkin about it

how many parts is the pacific?

Band of Brothers was one of the most epic pieces of film (television or cinema) that I've ever seen. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
I may be alone in that thought, but I really recommend it.

I'm really looking forward to The Pacific as it starts tonight.

cannot wait.

for those that have on-demand, watch "the making of" ... its a dope 20 minute piece. the Iwo Jima battle looks pretty epic.

will be watching for school and hope to get some explanations about some of the details from some of you
laugh.gif

dr funk, ur not alone on that thought....i think its one of the best pieces of film ive ever seen

I'm seriously contemplating adding HBO back on just for this series.

Looks to be a 10 parts.

I would strongly recommend anyone who is interested in the Pacific Theater of the war to read up about. War is war but the battles in the Pacific were brutal. Hand to hand combat in the jungle. Men constantly lived in fear of night raids. The Japanese never surrendered when engaged and most of the men fighting in the Japanese army were war tested veterans.

Will be watching this FOR SURE. Supposedly it's way more graphic than B.O.B. Speaking of which, I re-watched the whole series last week on On Demand. Definitely one of the best shows of All-Time and i'm expecting just as much for The Pacific.

cant wait to watch this, read some reviews about it already and they say its right up to par with BoB

Originally Posted by langfor5

I'm seriously contemplating adding HBO back on just for this series.

Looks to be a 10 parts.

I would strongly recommend anyone who is interested in the Pacific Theater of the war to read up about. War is war but the battles in the Pacific were brutal. Hand to hand combat in the jungle. Men constantly lived in fear of night raids. The Japanese never surrendered when engaged and most of the men fighting in the Japanese army were war tested veterans.

do it bro. entourage starts back up soon... and TREME starts this summer too. "Treme" is written produced by the team that did the wire, and is centered around new orleans struggling musicians and artists (i think). should be dope.

I am so juiced for this. Band of Brothers is one of my favorite series ever, and I hope this will not disappoint.

Go time in less than five minutes.

HBO HD is on, looking forward to a solid hour of television.

decent first episode

now im not expecting band of brothers but BoB did a great job introducing almost all the characters for the rest of the series in its first episode

i didnt see that with the pacific, gonna have to watch it once or twice again tonight since theyre showing it 4 times today

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

decent first episode

now im not expecting band of brothers but BoB did a great job introducing almost all the characters for the rest of the series in its first episode

i didnt see that with the pacific
I was wondering where the group of Italian guys were the entire time, and then they show up at the end. The way they came about though was good.

I can't compare any of this to BoB until I watch it (which I plan on getting done this week before Sunday), but I've been hearing nothing but great things about the Pacific. The battles are only going to get bigger and better (visually).

So far so good.

pretty good first part......felt really short, like 40 min.

crazy part was when they weee missing on purpose shooting at the japanese soldier on the lake...crazy stuff

part 2 is next sunday am i right?

Back
Top Bottom