HBO: The Last of Us (Season 2 is a go)...Sundays @ 9PM EST...Pedro Pascal&Bella Ramsey=Joel&Ellie...NO SPOILERS IF YOU'VE PLAYED THE GAMES

Personally, I don't think you can give Pedro the Sean Bean treatment in this because this franchise doesn't have the amount of characters GoT had to continue the story with. Pedro and Lady Mormont are the ones who'll be carrying this show for HBO until the end.

But other than that, I think they can get a few seasons before worrying about it. Or they could always just have Abby put Joel in a coma and they can get a gauge on audience's feeling and just decide towards the end of the season if they wanna say he pulled through or eventually passed away. I don't think it'll be too complicated of a decision for them.

But just since we're keeping score. TLOU2 game was GREAT but I wasn't a fan of Abby while playing it, nor have I warmed up to her yet:lol:

But other than that, I think they can get a few seasons before worrying about it. Or they could always just have Abby put Joel in a coma and they can get a gauge on audience's feeling and just decide towards the end of the season if they wanna say he pulled through or eventually passed away. I don't think it'll be too complicated of a decision for them.

Feels like Optimus Prime or Duke... 😅😅😂😂

just saying the audience was clearly divided.

if you loved the game, great. not here to complain or change anyone's opinion.

I just said I dont believe they'll make a live action TV show for the second game simply because the second game wasnt good imo and the audience was split. wont have 100% of the fan's backing it.
That won’t necessarily matter if the first season gains enough tv only fans cuz Tv only fans know nothing.

Only the video game fans were split.

That won’t necessarily matter if the first season gains enough tv only fans cuz Tv only fans know nothing.

Only the video game fans were split.

Maybe. But if the video game fans were split then there’s also a good chance the tv fans will be split too and HBO might not want to take that risk.

If they do a season 2 I feel like they’re gonna change it up a bit

Personally, I don't think you can give Pedro the Sean Bean treatment in this because this franchise doesn't have the amount of characters GoT had to continue the story with. Pedro and Lady Mormont are the ones who'll be carrying this show for HBO until the end.

But just since we're keeping score. TLOU2 game was GREAT but I wasn't a fan of Abby while playing it, nor have I warmed up to her yet:lol:

One of the most annoying thing (gameplay wise) when playing as Abby was having to rank up all your skills and guns again.

All that looting and grinding you did for Ellie was basically for nothing :smh:

Wasn't triggered at all with Abby's storyline.

I just wish Joel didn't die. That one part of the story I truly disliked.

Maybe. But if the video game fans were split then there’s also a good chance the tv fans will be split too and HBO might not want to take that risk.

If they do a season 2 I feel like they’re gonna change it up a bit
I don’t even think season 1 will cover all of the first game.

The shows not being pitched as a limited series so I assume the showrunner wants to do multiple seasons of probably 10 eps each.

It’s been brought up that they can switch things up but it really just comes down to how well are they pulling it off, if fans are really engaged, and confidence in feeling they can make those twists work better on tv than they did in the game.

And it's safe to say the series will not be an exact copy of the game's story. We already saw new characters added to the show. So I'm sure there will be differences between the two.

Indeed. I imagine they're gonna cover a lot more of Sarah as well as the events in Left Behind.

I hope they don’t try to cover the whole game in 1 season. Needs to be multiple seasons.

And it's safe to say the series will not be an exact copy of the game's story. We already saw new characters added to the show. So I'm sure there will be differences between the two.

I'm most curious how this show will compare to the earlier(good) seasons of TWD. I'm sure not having such a bloated cast will already help a lot, but I'm curious how suspenseful they can make this.

Man, look. I am super amped for this show.

Loved TLOUS 1 and 2. Played both at least 3 times. Maybe they'll prolong Joel's death and add more stuff to the story

plus the creators of Chernobyl, which I loved too :pimp:

I think they finish all of part 1 in season 1 but I hope if they do a season 2 fill in the gaps between games. Could easily stretch it multiple seasons until part 2

I think got actor for Joel is gonna do a really good job. Funny thing is, I also think the walking dead main actor (haven’t watched anything since s7 I think) would’ve been a great Joel. Either way I’m hyped. Trailer looks amazing. Please change the story of tlou2 for the show.

I enjoyed it up until they dragged on the Negan arc for several (too many) seasons.
Up until that point, the villains were memorable for me... I can't even remember that Commonwealth lady's name. 😕🤷‍♂️
She was weak AF as far as villain's go.

There was little to no memorable moments between leaving the jail and Glenn getting off'd. After that, can't remember a damn thing or even what was happening when I stopped watching.

TLOU will be memorable from front to back so long as they keep a tight story and don't drag it out for the sake of longevity.

Back
Top Bottom