HBO: The Last of Us (Season 2 is a go)...Sundays @ 9PM EST...Pedro Pascal&Bella Ramsey=Joel&Ellie...NO SPOILERS IF YOU'VE PLAYED THE GAMES

Ja's 2¢

formerly vcshoxj6

Fgkht3XXoAE5FZO

FgmuZ-GXwAE1lKv

Official Website
What’s it about?
The series takes place 20 years after modern civilization has been destroyed. Joel, a hardened survivor, is hired to smuggle Ellie, a 14-year-old girl, out of an oppressive quarantine zone. What starts as a small job soon becomes a brutal, heartbreaking journey, as they both must traverse the U.S. and depend on each other for survival.

Who’s in the cast?
Pedro Pascal (The Mandalorian) and Bella Ramsey (HBO’s Game of Thrones) will star as Joel and Ellie.
Also joining the cast are Gabriel Luna (True Detective) as Joel’s younger brother and former soldier, Tommy;
Merle Dandridge (The Last of Us video games, The Flight Attendant) as resistance leader Marlene; and Anna Torv (Fringe) as Tess, a smuggler and fellow hardened survivor.
The series will guest star Nico Parker (The Third Day) as Sarah, Joel’s 14-year old daughter; Murray Bartlett (The White Lotus) and Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) as Frank and Bill, two post-pandemic survivalists living alone in their own isolated town; Storm Reid (Euphoria) as Riley, an orphan in Boston; and Jeffrey Pierce (The Last of Us video games) as Perry, a rebel in a quarantine zone.
Lamar Johnson guest stars as Henry and Keivonn Woodard as Sam, brothers in Kansas City hiding from a revolutionary movement seeking vengeance.
Graham Greene guest stars as Marlon and Elaine Miles as Florence, a married couple surviving alone in the wilderness of post-apocalyptic Wyoming.

Who’s behind the scenes?
The series will be written and executive produced by Craig Mazin (HBO’s Chernobyl) and Neil Druckmann, of The Last of Us and Uncharted video game franchises.
Carolyn Strauss (HBO’s Chernobyl and Game of Thrones) will also serve as executive producer, along with Evan Wells from the original game’s developer, Naughty Dog, and PlayStation Productions’ Asad Qizilbash and Carter Swan.

Last edited:
I never played tlou2, wonder if people will hate that part of the show too. Or maybe they changed it.

I never played tlou2, wonder if people will hate that part of the show too. Or maybe they changed it.
Never played the games. Bystander that watched all the controversy go down. From a gaming standpoint I can't see them doing those same twists. Especially a part where they switch the main cast and follow that character for episodes or w/e.

From a TV storytelling standpoint and it being HBO, you get the right showrunner that believes in the story as it played out they could want to do it mostly the ssme way knowing the reaction it'll get hoping they can win TV only viewers over (who will most likely outnumber gamers who also will watch). Closest I could compare it to is the Red Wedding and then the show mostly focused on the Lannisters only thing is there were subplots following a bunch of other characters you could root for (Arya, Jon, and Tyrion) as you watched.

It'll take a lot of good to great acting and great writing to reach that point.

Probably but I love tlou2. Plus they have plenty of filler until that game storyline. 1-2 seasons probably

On what planet was that game trash? Only reason to say that is if you’re the type to complain about sOcIaL jUsTiCe WaRrIoRs.

on what planet is this news to you? hundred thousands of people think the story to TLoU2 was trash. its one of the most polarizing game in recent history.

Come on man don’t bring that bs into this thread. Weren’t you in the PlayStation thread complaining all the time. Yes some people hate but a lot more love it. They will eventually make a part 2 season just after a few seasons of filler

Come on man don’t bring that bs into this thread. Weren’t you in the PlayStation thread complaining all the time. Yes some people hate but a lot more love it.

just saying the audience was clearly divided.

if you loved the game, great. not here to complain or change anyone's opinion.

I just said I dont believe they'll make a live action TV show for the second game simply because the second game wasnt good imo and the audience was split. wont have 100% of the fan's backing it.

Do you work for Sony?
Odd but no where do you work? I didn’t say people wouldn’t hate the part that was originally ask. I just said they probably have filler to get tlou2 season if they went that route and I believe they do that if it’s successful

Last edited:
TLOU2 has the record for most game of the year awards so it's not as divided as internet randos want to act. Silly to call it a bad game. Questionable story choices sure, but that doesn't make an entire game experience. Those dudes need to get out their feelings and remember why they play games. Maybe give Twitter a break.

If this show is done right, it will definitely be a success for HBO. The storyline for both games was engaging, plus there can easily be a third installment to bring a close to the story. HBO can easily get 8 seasons out of this if the writing is executed correctly.

While I didn't necessarily enjoy being forced to play as Abby, I kinda understood what they were trying to do... but overall, I had a really good gaming experience. For me, just because I didn't like the story doesn't automatically make it a bad game. The fighting, the mechanics, the gameplay, the visuals, the acting were all very good. I see it as a bit like The Last Jedi. I felt it was a good movie, but just not a good (some might say awful) Star Wars movie.

Anyway... enough about the game. I wonder how much of the story they will cover in the TV show.... if they'll eventually get to the TLOU2 plot. 🤔

Back
Top Bottom