HBO: The Last of Us (Season 2 is a go)...Sundays @ 9PM EST...Pedro Pascal&Bella Ramsey=Joel&Ellie...NO SPOILERS IF YOU'VE PLAYED THE GAMES

Watched the first play through years ago so I knew the end.

On game it felt a little admirable.

On screen I’m infuriated, the most selfish moment in the history of TV :lol:

Bro dropped 15 bodies and said f the world to save a girl who would've sacrificed herself lol.

Show was mid af. 6 of 10. Had high hopes. Wayyyyy too rushed. Hardly any character development. Just sped over details and events. Scenes that should've hit, had no time invested build up, so the climax and resolution was meaningless. Show was basically just a YouTube summary of the game. The cliffnotes. Like you gotta do a report and instead of reading the book, you just copped the movie.

Bro dropped 15 bodies and said f the world to save a girl who would've sacrificed herself lol.

Yeah, I found that to be interesting as well. You could see how he got more and more attached as they moved forward and essentially replaced his daughter with her. There is no way he played through the tapes of “I am going to kill these 15 Firefly associates AND lie to her and it will be okay.”

That last scene was rough from when she woke up on. He’s clearly on one at the moment but the only “safe” move would be to go back to Wyoming where they are safe and secluded from the smoke.

Show was mid af. 6 of 10. Had high hopes. Wayyyyy too rushed. Hardly any character development. Just sped over details and events. Scenes that should've hit, had no time invested build up, so the climax and resolution was meaningless. Show was basically just a YouTube summary of the game. The cliffnotes. Like you gotta do a report and instead of reading the book, you just copped the movie.

If this is your takeaway then we must have watched two different shows, b. You are talmbout character development when ~80% of the show focuses on two people and we get plenty from and about them as well as got to see their development. Like for example, even though I would have loved to see more Anna Torv, I didn’t really need to know more about Tess than what I got.

You want them to have an entire episode on Sam and Henry’s background or something?

If you played the game you probably have a way different perspective and biased expectations of “what it should have been”

Yeah, as someone who has played the PS3, PS4, and PS5 version… I enjoyed the show overall. I do think it felt a tad rushed, and do feel like there was a bit of filler. Wished we got more clickers. But overall I was pretty satisfied and happy with all the references from the game. I shed a tear when the giraffe scene made it into the finale (forgot I was waiting for it lol)

I have high hopes for season 2, and with the success of the first season, I think they’ll be able to do more with it.

Ultimate gray area decision.

He already had his biological daughter ripped away from him, now has grown attached to another child after he had zero intentions of caring about anyone else, and the surgery has no guarantee to work.

But it’s the best option to fight the virus now, and who even knows how many people are left who are smart enough to still figure out a vaccine/cure. So you have to move swiftly and completely run down all possibilities, which unfortunately at this point includes killing the girl.

Ultimate gray area.

I’d expect around 15 episodes next season with the overwhelming support. The writing & production is there, they just need more showtime.

I can’t believe video game plots are this in depth now. I remember a few games becoming movies from when I played (Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, maybe a few others from late 90s/00s) but I don’t recall them being 1-for-1 replications, moreso adaptations of the main character doing some other ****. And those were movies, not entire series

Ultimate gray area decision.

He already had his biological daughter ripped away from him, now has grown attached to another child after he had zero intentions of caring about anyone else, and the surgery has no guarantee to work.

But it’s the best option to fight the virus now, and who even knows how many people are left who are smart enough to still figure out a vaccine/cure. So you have to move swiftly and completely run down all possibilities, which unfortunately at this point includes killing the girl.

Ultimate gray area.

I’d expect around 15 episodes next season with the overwhelming support. The writing & production is there, they just need more showtime.

Is there any precedent for a 15 episode season for HBO? If it would take many episodes I would think that they would make it two 8-episode seasons but I am just speculating. You also know how HBO likes to drag stuff out :lol:

I also probably have a different perspective/opinion than a lot of folks because I came into the series pretty blind without having played the game, watching a “play through” and without knowing very much about the game coming into it so my expectations were probably lower than those who have been invested in the franchise for awhile.

I can’t believe video game plots are this in depth now. I remember a few games becoming movies from when I played (Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, maybe a few others from late 90s/00s) but I don’t recall them being 1-for-1 replications, moreso adaptations of the main character doing some other ****. And those were movies, not entire series

Is there any precedent for a 15 episode season for HBO? If it would take many episodes I would think that they would make it two 8-episode seasons but I am just speculating. You also know how HBO likes to drag stuff out :lol:

I also probably have a different perspective/opinion than a lot of folks because I came into the series pretty blind without having played the game, watching a “play through” and without knowing very much about the game coming into it so my expectations were probably lower than those who have been invested in the franchise for awhile.

12 episodes use to be the staple for HBO series in the old days but they’ve cut that down to 10 now.

I only played the video game like one or two times, but know enough about it.

This show really is just about average. For an adaption from a game, it’s solid…but as an overall show, it’s lacking in alot of areas. And frankly, boring.

Episode 1, was incredible. That actually felt real. Thought it would be on that wavelength. It sputtered. Some good moments tho. I’ll treat this like Raided By Wolves. A show I feel similar about, bout enjoyed the first season. Westerworld too.

12 episodes use to be the staple for HBO series in the old days but they’ve cut that down to 10 now.

Yep and they do 9 now sometimes (The Last of Us and Succession Season 3 come to mind). That’s why I said if it’s 15 to do justice then 8 and 8 (Part 1, Part 2) would make sense unless folks think they stretch it to another 9/9 or 10/10. But if you are telling me 15 and they have to pare it down to 10 or even 12, I can just right the terrible reviews for them now :lol:

I only played the video game like one or two times, but know enough about it.

This show really is just about average. For an adaption from a game, it’s solid…but as an overall show, it’s lacking in alot of areas. And frankly, boring.

Episode 1, was incredible. That actually felt real. Thought it would be on that wavelength. It sputtered. Some good moments tho. I’ll treat this like Raided By Wolves. A show I feel similar about, bout enjoyed the first season. Westerworld too.
Agreed on the last part with the comparisons

All of these shows had such great potential but were a letdown

Now this series still has a chance to quote unquote redeem itself

Neil tweeted season 2 is on the way with a huge forearm and hammer
FrmLRLyaEAEwKxm

Wouldn't be hard to find a woman to play Abby that won't get bullied online. There's some pretty sexy CrossFit jawns with the characteristics and pretty faces.

Hell even black widow sister pugh was stocky enough and everybody loves her lil sexy ***.

the show felt slow and rushed (knowing about the game) at the same time. i enjoyed it for most parts.

Most people may as well just go ahead and play the game or watch the story on Youtube.

I wish they had done like some other TV shows and filmed more than one season at a time. I guess they wanted to wait and see how successful the show was going to be before dumping more money into it.

They only greenlit/announced Season 2 in late Jan, which was around episode 3 I think, so there was no way they could have filmed multiple seasons.

Back
Top Bottom