HBO: The Last of Us (Season 2 is a go)...Sundays @ 9PM EST...Pedro Pascal&Bella Ramsey=Joel&Ellie...NO SPOILERS IF YOU'VE PLAYED THE GAMES

Ok this was pretty ****ing cool to see considering i havent played the game.

Im watching the show and wondering why in the hell is Ellie running around an empty *** warehouse with multiple levels and away from Joel, what if its full of clickers or whatever ....now seeing the game cut scene, the show scene makes a lil more sense now.

I feel the opposite :lol: Im hoping against all hope my mother can avoid any spoilers until S2 starts. The storyline is absolutely great but if the show handles it the same way, it's going to be massive :lol:

I agree with this & I played both games.

You guys totally need to experience the moments from these games live on television if your introduction to the series is purely from HBO.

If you are not patient to wait until S2 happens, then by all means go play the game. Part 2 is VERY long & will go in more depth than the show based on how S1 went. But when the show comes out, you won't enjoy the phenomenon that this show is because you will already know what happens. :ohwell:

PO

I never played the game but thouroughly enjoyed the show.

Would i ruin season 2 if i watch the game cut scenes on youtube? ....i kinda like not having to compare the game to the show but i feel like im missing something.
part 2 is not a linear timeline so not sure how it will be adapted for season 2. by watching all of part 2 you're likely going to watch season 2 and more.

party 2 also has some huge side stories that never really got developed in the game as much as they could have. should be fun to see some of those back stories.

part 2 is not a linear timeline so not sure how it will be adapted for season 2. by watching all of part 2 you're likely going to watch season 2 and more.

party 2 also has some huge side stories that never really got developed in the game as much as they could have. should be fun to see some of those back stories.

Part 2 shoulda been delayed another year. Those side stories are pretty dope

Just out of curiosity, anyone in here never played the games, but will now give them a shot after watching the show?

Yeah, I'm really interested in seeing how they'll do this.
Dedicating an entire season for Abby might not work cuz it's asking a lot for the audience to commit to a new character... especially one that was so divisive. Perhaps swapping back and forth episodes... one for Ellie, one for Abby and so on? But that risks the audience tuning in every other week if they get disinterested in Abby? 🤔

Dunno what the source was, but assuming this is all true...

Just out of curiosity, anyone in here never played the games, but will now give them a shot after watching the show?

Dedicating an entire season for Abby might not work cuz it's asking a lot for the audience to commit to a new character... especially one that was so divisive. Perhaps swapping back and forth episodes... one for Ellie, one for Abby and so on? But that risks the audience tuning in every other week if they get disinterested in Abby? 🤔

It won’t be hard. That twitter link basically says nothing about nothing. Everything that was posted has been confirmed or known for almost a year.

I feel like everyone who hasn't played the games needs to hop on YouTube and watch long plays of both. It'll fill in the gaps for this season and you won't get hit with spoilers. Video games as a form of media has little spoiler etiquette to begin with, and with a combination of time and social media it's bound to be ruined for yall. Won't come from me though.

My opinion of this season is that I fully understand the impact of time constraints.

I liked the show a lot, but I'd be lying if I said it was better than the games story. Telling a 25 hour story in 9 hours is a hard thing to do. Also TV can't do immersion like video games can (although I feel like you would lose some of this watching instead of playing but it's still better than TV to me)

Discussion about Part 2 possibilities:

Wonder if they introduce Abby in some cold openings, for a few episodes before the story takes THAT turn. In any case, I dont think the show can dedicate an entire season, or really multiple entire episodes, on only Abby once she kills Joel.
But the way the game is laid out, splitting Ellie and Abby's stories into 1 season each makes the most sense, even if it is jarring af.

The spoiler is true, all that account did was take statements Neil & Craig made at major publications like Variety, Deadline etc & just summarize them in one tweet. It's nothing essentially as all that has been confirmed for sometime.

PO

Enjoyed the finale and the season overall.

Joel Wick showing out in the hospital was so video gamey. :lol: :pimp:

Ellie being Ellie's mom was dope. I was doing the Leo meme the minute I heard her speak.

While understandable things are going to be cut transferred media from video to TV wish they took another episode or to flesh out the bond forming and growing between Joel and Ellie.

Looking forward to seeing how Mazin and Druckmann do TLOU 2 story and how much they incorporate for season 2 and leave for future ones.

One thing, the discourse is gonna be absolutely nasty. :lol::smh:

fun fact: gf of an NTbro worked on the giraffe CGI for the series 😳
20F23048-1B37-459E-9998-6DC4FE28327C.jpeg

Neil is saying they won't change anything about the story of TLOU2 for season 2.

Not the best idea IMO. I'm not one of the crowd who despised TLOU2's story but I wasn't in love with it either. There's definitely room for improvements and tweaks to make season 2 and 3 flow a little better.

I was actually hoping they would introduce *that* character in the finale to establish some continuity.

I never played the game but thouroughly enjoyed the show.

Would i ruin season 2 if i watch the game cut scenes on youtube? ....i kinda like not having to compare the game to the show but i feel like im missing something.

Yes. Yes you would.

Neil is saying they won't change anything about the story of TLOU2 for season 2.

Not the best idea IMO. I'm not one of the crowd who despised TLOU2's story but I wasn't in love with it either. There's definitely room for improvements and tweaks to make season 2 and 3 flow a little better.

I was actually hoping they would introduce *that* character in the finale to establish some continuity.

I was assuming that's what that little girl, in the camp, last episode was for. They gave her the same motivation. Figured it'd be a tv show change.

With Part Two having so much content and with Mazin stating that Season 2 won't cover all of the second game. I think they'll change up the order events. If they're in Season one was the human side of the story, they have enough content to further expand on that.

Ready for this thread when that season premieres lol

I just realized that the PS5 remake also has the 'gameplay modifiers' that were in Part 2!
Like infinite ammo, infinite crafting, etc!
I wanna replay it now! But it's still so $$$. 😒

I just realized that the PS5 remake also has the 'gameplay modifiers' that were in Part 2!
Like infinite ammo, infinite crafting, etc!
I wanna replay it now! But it's still so $$$. 😒
Time to play till I get dizzy lol

Ah man video games. Where gratuitous violence is the norm and so it doesn't really shake you as much. The hospital scene was shot in a way where it feels like it's trying to drive home the point that Joel is in the wrong here the game had a lot of moral ambiguity to it.

This episode to me is the biggest indicator of who did and didn't play the game I've seen. Almost everyone who didn't play the game that I've seen offer commentary is mad at Joel. People looking at me crazy cause I'm sticking up for Joel. I didn't agree with it then and don't agree now but I felt like I understood his side more cause I played.
I would say, if you can, watch the entire gameplay and not just the cutscenes. A lot of their interaction is during the gameplay. Really shows you how their relationship evolves.
Yup. You gotta watch a long play of it. You'll miss too much otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom