HBO - Vinyl (Season 1) thread Vol. The King and I 3/27

Damn Vinyl cost HBO 100mil for the season with 30mil just for the pilot alone and the current state of HBO programming i.e. cancelling projects.

The article is fascinating. I did not know Thrones OG pilot was a disaster and had to be retooled. Also HBO being the crown jewel in the Time Warner conglomerate and making the most profit for them. That show Utopia by Fincher sounded awesome, but HBO killed it because fincher wanted 100mil budget, yet they did it for vinyl which just doesn't have general wide appeal.
The whole time I was watching the pilot I was thinking this must've been insanely expensive to shoot. which is a shame cause the show just isn't that great. 

I really liked that scene inside MSG though. With the knicks 72 championship banner in the background lol

^yup so damn true. You think netflix or amazon would have ponied up the 100mil?
Longshot maybe with netflix but I'd see them negotiating it down. If amazon or a hulu did they'd probably be betting their entire streaming service on the show's success :lol:

AMC is one I could see possibly trying that cuz they'd just cut the budgets of their other shows :lol:
I wonder how the new head of HBO drama will do since it's the one who oversaw silicon valley. :pimp:
Probably a bit more risky with the more out there dramas.

I always did wonder how The Leftovers got the green light.

Out of all these cable and basic networks, HBO has the balls to air a new ep of their new show during the Oscars :lol:

They really don't care about ratings now I guess. To think these were the same ppl last year taking weeks off for holidays. Missing GoT.

lester :smh: |I
"5 hoodlums......with guns.......... the blooonde prostitute"; "see if woman in painting will do another portrait" :rofl:

hbo giving 100 milli to this and not utopia is ******* tho. :smh:
if you haven't seen utopia, you go watch it now.
if you're at work, quit your job and watch it
if you're at school, drop out and watch it.
if you're on life support, tell the grim reaper to fall back for a day or two and watch it.
don't care if you've got to get a vpn for netflix or become about that nomad lifestyle, assume the doggy and bare with the penetration, go watch utopia (uk version) .

Last edited:
Man i really dont know bout this show....thought it be better by now smh. Best part of that last episode was the Alice Cooper & the band part at the end. Im not really giving a damn bout the rest either. Storyline all over the place. I keep thinking theyre gon put a good episode together since they got all the pieces to but yet still nothing noteworthy smh
Man Mr Robot just needs to come back on air already smh

lester
mean.gif
tired.gif

"5 hoodlums......with guns.......... the blooonde prostitute"; "see if woman in painting will do another portrait"
roll.gif

hbo giving 100 milli to this and not utopia is ******* tho.
mean.gif

if you haven't seen utopia, you go watch it now.
if you're at work, quit your job and watch it
if you're at school, drop out and watch it.
if you're on life support, tell the grim reaper to fall back for a day or two and watch it.
don't care if you've got to get a vpn for netflix or become about that nomad lifestyle, assume the doggy and bare with the penetration, go watch utopia (uk version) .
wait Utopia didn't get the green light? 
mean.gif

I'm right there with you man

At this point I think I'll just wait until the season ends and then binge to see if it's worthwhile

I'm with you guys :wow: tho I will say next week has potential.

I've been tuning in each week but I haven't been itching for 9PM on Sunday like I do for say Thrones, or did for Boardwalk.

Man i feel like EVERY week has potential after seeing the lil trailers after the episodes but im starting to realize theyre just showing the best parts of the next episode in those very trailers :smh:

Whats in between those parts should matter too & it really doesnt feel like it smh

I think imma just stick to animes til Mr Robot comes back on if next weeks episode suck :lol:

Last edited:
This. Yet, it only got good in the last few minutes.

His dad is a rat? :smh:

Na i actually enjoyed it the whole time. Wasnt much filler in this one, every scene had a point for the most part

And at that spoiler...it sure seems like it :smh: Seems like he wants him to fail :x

Ok finally a good episode. Everything slowly coming together. Ill tune in next week

This. Yet, it only got good in the last few minutes.

His dad is a rat? :smh:

I think they installed the wire when that one guy was working in Richie's office when they had the meeting with the Nastybits and he told him to get the **** out.

I think they installed the wire when that one guy was working in Richie's office when they had the meeting with the Nastybits and he told him to get the **** out.

Thought of that too. Guess we'll find out by the end of the season

Back
Top Bottom