HBO: "Watchmen"...Season 1 Discussion...Season 2 Up in the Air... :)

This show makes me go to the bar and pour a drink and sit back down.

Pretty damn smart to send all those clones up to spell that stuff out so a satellite can see it..

And he must be on one of Jupiter’s moons.

They was mind ****ing Looking Glass left and right. It's funny cuz this actor in this look is like the prototype for a dude to join or be leading the Kalvary. Pretty much the opposite. Then he gets caught up.

Looks like its a wrap for Wade after he served up Angela.

Spielberg need to get on making Pale Horse.

Easily my favorite episode of the season.

Show's about to get weird with the memory pills.

Remember politician dude said get her out the way
Or I’m a kill her whole fam
He was doing her a favor

I guess you're right, just the way it played out rubbed me the wrong way. The way he looked at the cactus.:smh:

Curious how the purists felt about seeing the giant squid. I know changing that part of the movie rubbed some people the wrong way.

Also: Careless Whisper is ALWAYS fire.:pimp:

Curious how the purists felt about seeing the giant squid. I know changing that part of the movie rubbed some people the wrong way.

most definitely happy about it and i am all for it too, its good that this is more of a direct adaptation of the books than the movie though i didnt like that the recording is still of old veidt, maybe they de-aged him a bit but dude still looked super old :lol:

and maybe i missed it but does that mean in the end of the book when it was hinted that rorschachs journal would expose adrians squid plan to the world didnt happen or did it become a conspiracy theory of sorts?

Yeah Veidt did look old, then again Jeremy Irons looked the same age all my life. Weird choice considering I swore I saw a pic of movie Veidt in the same episode.

most definitely happy about it and i am all for it too, its good that this is more of a direct adaptation of the books than the movie though i didnt like that the recording is still of old veidt, maybe they de-aged him a bit but dude still looked super old :lol:

and maybe i missed it but does that mean in the end of the book when it was hinted that rorschachs journal would expose adrians squid plan to the world didnt happen or did it become a conspiracy theory of sorts?
It became a conspiracy theory and birthed the Kalvary.

The exposing simply didn't take. Especially when you got these raining squid alerts with actual baby squids falling from the sky. People truly believe in aliens. Look at Wade.

Veidt was alive so his plans went in to effect. Plus Rorschach sent his journal to a right wing rag.

Imagine a giant squid blew up and killed a bunch of ppl in Cali and somebody that new the truth of it being staged sent the evidence to Fox News :lol:

Last edited:

Yeah, I took it as Rorschach's journal never really getting out, or being accepted as the truth by society.

It could be that it was released to the public, but it was brushed off as some kind of conspiracy theory. Would explain why the ultra radicals use Rorschach mask. They're basically conspiracy theorists, but in this universe they're actually right. Which is really interesting, 'cause there's so many angles to see this story.

I caught the squid pro quo line and I was like
tenor (1).gif

Wow! Episode was 🔥🔥

- The shot of the aftermath of the squid attack that transitioned into New York was mesmerizing. It really gave a terrifying scope of the damage caused (im still good with the movie replacing this with a nuke attack).

- Wade getting played twice by 2 women....:smh::smh:

- Most people were right about Senator Keene being in the Calvary

- Man, i hope Wade has some kind of contingency plan for the invading calvary members

- Adrian committing another mini clone genocide....:smh::smh:

I still think Gramps was hooded justice.

the scene wade was watching of the documentary where hooded was gay played off the comedian implying it so i am not sure though that could also be a way to throw people off

in the comics, i think og niteowl said hooded was pro-hitler but then that flyer could also be a play to connecting it...?

the scene wade was watching of the documentary where hooded was gay played off the comedian implying it so i am not sure though that could also be a way to throw people off

in the comics, i think og niteowl said hooded was pro-hitler but then that flyer could also be a play to connecting it...?
No one really knew who was under the hood, plus that show looks like it's meant to give off the indication that it was super fabricated. And nah the bodybuilder dude they thought was hooded justice was pro Hitler and OG Nite Owl killed him.

No one really knew who was under the hood, plus that show looks like it's meant to give off the indication that it was super fabricated. And nah the bodybuilder dude they thought was hooded justice was pro Hitler and OG Nite Owl killed him.

i thought the strongman was only thought to be hooded justice but was never really proven? some newspaper reported it but its a body discovered much, much later

i dont think that dude wore the hooded costume and pretended to be him since the comics and prequel (before watchmen?) really hinted at hooded relationship with cap metropolis (dude in the doc scene wade was watching)

it could really go every which way at this point

That Hooded Justice scene reminds me of when I be watching a showtime show and they just breakout the wild out of the blue gay sex scene :lol:

And it's like **** guess I gotta ride through this scene

Back
Top Bottom