HBO: "Watchmen"...Season 1 Discussion...Season 2 Up in the Air... :)

Loved the 1st episode. I usually don't watch shows until I can binge the whole season, but I will definetly be keeping up with this one. As a fan of the 2009 directors cut of watchmen this show feels like a natural transition into the same world 30 years later ( I know this show is a sequal to the graphic novel and not the movie. )
I saw someone mention a theory ( that kinda made sense ) elsewhere that there was a picture of the actor Robert Redford in the episode on a poster in the background implying that at some point he was president of the United States. And that he approved reparations for black people. Which would make sense given how the showed how affluent black people were portrayed in the episode. When Huey was giving a lecture to that elementary class there was a boy who asked her if she had received redforations ( Redford + reparations = redforations ). And then her son attacked that boy because he perceived that comment to have racial connotations.
That is correct. He's an alternative to Reagan. That's exactly what happened.

Hbo def bounced back
after that trash *** GoT season
But now I’m like damn
Do I wanna wait till a couple episodes pass
then binge
Or watch week to week
Like honestly I can tell for this show to keep going
Specially with this racial element
And white folks being the poor ones
It’s gonna need a lot of black folks to stay tuned in
White folks ain’t gonna like it for very long

Not sure what was happening in the pilot. Want them to show the old guy actually lifting up that 200 pounds. Jeremy Irons’ maid seems nice.

Hbo def bounced back
after that trash *** GoT season
But now I’m like damn
Do I wanna wait till a couple episodes pass
then binge
Or watch week to week
Like honestly I can tell for this show to keep going
Specially with this racial element
And white folks being the poor ones
It’s gonna need a lot of black folks to stay tuned in
White folks ain’t gonna like it for very long
The thing I love about shows like this and Lindelof shows specifically is the discussion around the show every week.

And you can tell by how they're not quite explaining things that this is going to be one of those shows we debate and discuss everyday in here.

I'm hyped for this.

The thing I love about shows like this and Lindelof shows specifically is the discussion around the show every week.

And you can tell by how they're not quite explaining things that this is going to be one of those shows we debate and discuss everyday in here.

I'm hyped for this.
Brilliant how they're able to do it constantly in a quality way, even if most things are never explained.

The Leftovers cemented it for me.

Dude told a story with no real answers, and it was some of the most fulfilling television ever. :lol:

It really is certain people who can do it too. To tell a story in a way that's so focused on the characters reacting to the oddity of the world around them, without explaining much in detail or losing peoples attention.

Wanna find out more about the people who ate using the rorschach masks.

Is this an alternate universe or the same world where the movie took place? Wonder if we’ll see other powerful / strong people besides ozy-however you spell it.

Loved the 1st episode. I usually don't watch shows until I can binge the whole season, but I will definetly be keeping up with this one. As a fan of the 2009 directors cut of watchmen this show feels like a natural transition into the same world 30 years later ( I know this show is a sequal to the graphic novel and not the movie. )
I saw someone mention a theory ( that kinda made sense ) elsewhere that there was a picture of the actor Robert Redford in the episode on a poster in the background implying that at some point he was president of the United States. And that he approved reparations for black people. Which would make sense given how the showed how affluent black people were portrayed in the episode. When Huey was giving a lecture to that elementary class there was a boy who asked her if she had received redforations ( Redford + reparations = redforations ). And then her son attacked that boy because he perceived that comment to have racial connotations.
Brah, that’s not a spoiler - that was clearly conveyed in episode 1 without actually spelling it out for you :lol:

I'm all in.

The way things all converged for this show to happen the way it is is pretty interesting. Ta-Nehisi Coates influence heavy.

Finally caught it, bruh this world and concept is fire. Hell is wrong with these dudes, did they just did this?

Just caught the first episode. The premise is great. Without seeing the film or reading the comics, I'm already pretty much hooked.

I love how they started the show off with the Tulsa riots because I knew there would be tons of folks watching who never had heard of it.

Redfordations.
Black people adopting white children due to a suggested inverse in income inequality.
Officers needing authorization to even take out their weapons.

A lot of interesting concepts. Show is dope soo far.

Show is great.

So much meta commentary. I gotta watch this like 7 times with supplementary Ta-Nehisi Coates readings. :lol:

Nick Cuse and Damon Lindelof wrote this episode. They also wrote the International Assassin episode of Leftovers and the Watchmen season finale.:nerd:

Last edited:
Only folks I’m seeing not feeling it
Or giving it its proper do
Seems to be white publications and white folks

DC should be focusing on this storyline vs their marvel counterparts.

Back
Top Bottom