HBO: "Westworld"...Cancelled After 4 Seasons

I aint gom lie i kinda missed the point of the fly scene. I think i started doin something else by then lol

This kinda got me curious bout the OG movie. Anyone in here ever seen it?

I saw the OG movie and it is legit. So hearing about this show had my hyped to watch it. Season premier did NOT disappoint! :smokin

What is intriguing is this time around, the Man in Black is actually human instead of a host...In the beginning, I thought Teddy was a human until he tried shooting Man in Black. Good little twist there.

Can NOT wait until next week.

Last edited:
Dudes - all the way in. That premiere was excellent. All the acting was top notch, but Hopkins and Ed Harris were amazing. And the music. Going to be checking for that all season. The Paint It Black arrangement was perfect for that sequence. Can't wait until next episode.

I saw the OG movie and it is legit. So hearing about this show had my hyped to watch it. Season premier did NOT disappoint! :smokin

What is intriguing is this time around, the Man in Black is actually human instead of a host...In the beginning, I thought Teddy was a human until he tried shooting Man in Black. Good little twist there.

Can NOT wait until next week.

i have a feeling that it might not necessarily be the case (your spoiler). can see it somehow still go that route but with some kind of twist.

are we sure the man in black is a human?

great first episode. i wanted to see the og film again before it premiered since it has been a while since i saw it but i thought it would make me question this interpretation instead of just enjoying it. glad i didnt watch the og film prior.

harris almost looks identical to the gunslinger :wow:

nah. have a feeling it will come into play later.
exactly
I just got a vibe that he was program that became sorta self aware of what was going on.. and figured out a way to maneuver within the system..

and is trying to learn more about the system or figure out how it works exactly to get its ultimate revenge

nah. have a feeling it will come into play later.

exactly

I just got a vibe that he was program that became sorta self aware of what was going on.. and figured out a way to maneuver within the system..
and is trying to learn more about the system or figure out how it works exactly to get its ultimate revenge

have you watched the og film? you pretty much described it :lol: if you havent seen it, you got next draws lotto numbers :nerd: im sure jj and nolan got some crazy twist in their version.

^nah haven't watched the OG movie, just read the synopsis (plan too).. but you can kinda figure where they're going with some things
then you just look at movies like the matrix or even tron legacy, that dealt with the subject matter before.. or even Truman show
we know dude wants revenge.. and there are any number of possibilities

also gotta figure what Hopkins character is truly playing at.. like what triggered him creating the world.. and what is possibly being hidden

Last edited:
I also assumed Cyclops was human since he was riding on the train.. and then the scene in the bar and the focus on him initially

^nah haven't watched the OG movie, just read the synopsis.. but you can kinda figure where they're going with some things

then you just look at movies like the matrix or even tron legacy, that dealt with the subject matter before.. or even Truman show

we know dude wants revenge.. and there are any number of possibilities

also gotta figure what Hopkins character is truly playing at.. like what triggered him creating the world.. and what is possibly being hidden

the series has the concept from the movie but if this is a multiple season series they will expand the world and stories. a movie only can give so much vs a series of books like game of thrones. im sure the show will have portions of the movie but will be its own journey. cant wait to see where this show takes us.

Last edited:
exactly.. I expect a lot of going into what triggered Hopkins creating the world.. back stories and all that, inspirations for various people

like that one scene when the girl kissed  the host.. so much that could be

Premiere was good.

Reminds me of a lot of sci-fi stuff I've seen and specifically this bad movie with Thomas Jane I saw that must've been ripping off this premise (if Westworld is even the original material for this concept).

Never did see the OG Westworld movie.

If the man in black is just another host I wonder what sort of upgrade he has running that none of the coders, narrative guys , etc. even notice all the wild **** he's doing.

matrix, tron legacy, Truman show and terminator.. I see em all in this

funny ed harris was in one of em

but I really need to watch again for details

Last edited:
:lol: Would be funny if they were all robots and Hopkins was just running a simulation program to see what the new update/reveries would do.

Last edited:
The man in black does say he's been "coming here for years" and "paying all this money." He's 100% human. He's just a sick individual. I'm surprised that the people running the show even let foul stuff like rape/torture happen. I guess there really are no limits in their eyes as long as you're paying. I can't wait until we learn more about 'management' and what their ulterior motives are. I'd like to see the other worlds outside of Westworld too. Once again HBO hits a home run. :smokin :smokin:smokin

Last edited:
Didn't even realize this was premiering tonight, been waiting for this for a long time. Kept getting delayed [emoji]128517[/emoji]

Just finished the episode. It's exactly the vibe I was hoping for. The preview they showed for the rest of the season look crazy. [emoji]128064[/emoji] @ the hosts becoming conscious in the real world.

Count me in as a regular in this thread [emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

Been waiting for this series since it was first announced. Never saw the original movie, but last night didn't disappoint at all.

I had the same reaction in the closing seconds when she killed the fly. "She literally couldn't hurt a fly."

:pimp:

I have to go back and Re-watch the episode..I didnt catch the man in black say..He been coming there for years..I really thought he was a host looking for a way out.

So did I read the last scene wrong? I took it as Dolores being more aware than she has been putting on..Host aren't allow to kill living things and fly are living things.

Especially since the guy mentions she one of the oldest host in the park..I'm sure she's been through a lot..even more evident of this is them showing she now has a new father.

Back
Top Bottom