HBO's Game of Thrones: Season 2 Official Thread *Ep. 10* "Valar Morghulis" 6/03 @9pm ET/PT

Melisandre's boobs
eek.gif
eek.gif

In Episode 5 of Season 1 Arya overhears two men talking about future events (Khal Drago, other kings/lords business)...I believe they refer to this shortly after as being Lord Farris and a foreign dignitary from across the sea. Is this right and the dignitary is the one that housed the targararyns?

laugh.gif
i was just about to watch the second one until I read that.
Def don't want to wait 2 weeks

Originally Posted by Pusha Tim

damn is it true it leaked?
Yeah I was looking for the first episode, I watched half way through the second before I realized there was a episode before
mad.gif

Can someone who has read at least through book 2 and seen episode 2 answer my question in the spoiler? It's been a while since I read book 2 so i'm looking for clarification.

Spoiler [+]
Melissandre and Stannis getting it on, i don't remember being this implied in the book. I always thought Stannis' honor was something that he held to a fault even with his ugly wife.

I know they're leading this "i'll give you a son" scenerio into her birthing the shade and killing the lords when Davos sneaks her into the castle but I don't remember the whole "I'll give you a son" thing if it was in book 2...

Spoiler [+]
no... it never happened... i kinda feel
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
about it too... their relationship was more "professional"
also he did have a daughter, don't know why they aren't mentioning that
also this ep was a huge disappointment, so many unnecessary scenes
tired.gif

^^^ thanks for the confirmation, I busted out the book and was looking for anything related to that and thought I was trippin'

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

word? now i gotta wait 14 days for a new episode? 
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
 at me

I fail at this every timey. Doubling an already unbearable wait.
30t6p3b.gif

So, from the first episode, this is the full convo out of the book between Tyrion and Cersei when he first got to the king's council.

“I hope Father did not send you all this way to plague us with history lessons,

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Originally Posted by cornzilla

So happy this show is back on. Didn't really read any of the books so I thought the episode was great. Also did I see Renly making out with some chick? I thought he was ayo, from the first season and it did seem like they got a new actor to play Gendry. 
Nah same dude they did recast Gregor

Use this site http://gameofthrones.wiki...iki/Game_of_Thrones_Wiki it only follows the show so no spoilers.
Thanks definitely going to be checking out this site. Also I'm so tempted to watch the second episode but don't want to wait 14 days.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

This is why as much as I like the show the books are far superior.  I can't say it enough people.  READ THE BOOKS!

And please no tl;dr to that.  It's an amazing scene that's well worth your 3-5 minutes.

MrONeg, yes you get a scene similar to that.. in fact, it was probably my favorite scene in Ep. 2 due to the ether.

Originally Posted by Vendetta

Originally Posted by MrONegative

This is why as much as I like the show the books are far superior.  I can't say it enough people.  READ THE BOOKS!

And please no tl;dr to that.  It's an amazing scene that's well worth your 3-5 minutes.

Makes me want to read the book now. Debating if I should start at the first book since I have seen the first season.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Can someone who has read at least through book 2 and seen episode 2 answer my question in the spoiler? It's been a while since I read book 2 so i'm looking for clarification.

Spoiler [+]
Melissandre and Stannis getting it on, i don't remember being this implied in the book. I always thought Stannis' honor was something that he held to a fault even with his ugly wife.

I know they're leading this "i'll give you a son" scenerio into her birthing the shade and killing the lords when Davos sneaks her into the castle but I don't remember the whole "I'll give you a son" thing if it was in book 2...
I remember it being implied in the book.  Davos and other people were pretty sure something was going on.  I remember her even propositioning 2 other people later on.  I don't like what she said to him in episode 2.  It kind of surprised me.  I need to learn how to use spoilers, it'd make things easier.  
laugh.gif

The actress is sexy as hell 
devil.gif
.  Her accent and body 
eek.gif
smokin.gif
.  I would simp and convert for her.

The books are almost always better than the film/television counterpart.

That said, I have not read any of the booms but would appreciate if someone could explain a scene from the first episode.

What was that about when they went around killing a whole bunch of babies? They went in a %#%*! house and killed the first one then they killed a few others. Someone enlighten me.

Back
Top Bottom