HBO's Game of Thrones: Season 2 Official Thread *Ep. 10* "Valar Morghulis" 6/03 @9pm ET/PT

Originally Posted by Regis

The books are almost always better than the film/television counterpart.

That said, I have not read any of the booms but would appreciate if someone could explain a scene from the first episode.

What was that about when they went around killing a whole bunch of babies? They went in a %#%*! house and killed the first one then they killed a few others. Someone enlighten me.

In Stannis' letter that he sent throughout the kingdom he says that king Joffrey, his brother and sister are the result of incest between Cersei and Jaime. One proof is that all Baratheons have black hair while Joffrey has blonde hair like the Lannisters. So any of King Roberts bastards would be proof of that and would also have a better claim at the throne. This is why they sent the soldiers to kill Robert's bastards

Question for someone who read the book and watched episode 2
Spoiler [+]
What was the servant saying to Khalessi when they cut off dudes head and sent it back on the horse? There was no subtitles in the HBO Go version

Comments about episode 2
Spoiler [+]
Was dude copping a feel and finger banging his sister on the horse ride to see his pops?
sick.gif

Originally Posted by quik1987

Question for someone who read the book and watched episode 2
Spoiler [+]
What was the servant saying to Khalessi when they cut off dudes head and sent it back on the horse? There was no subtitles in the HBO Go version

Comments about episode 2
Spoiler [+]
Was dude copping a feel and finger banging his sister on the horse ride to see his pops?
sick.gif
Question 1:

Spoiler [+]
Pretty sure it was about mourning the death of Kovarro. I think it's Kovarro who died...

house-kovarro.jpg

not Rakharo:

rakharo.jpg

Question 2:

Spoiler [+]
Yeah he was
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
he didn't know it was his sister. In book 2 I think I remember that he actually gets her naked and tried to smash.

Man I started watching this show Sunday on HBOgo & finished the first season Tuesday night. GREAT SHOW! Buying all 4 books now..

question 1:
Spoiler [+]
that scene never happens all of her bloodriders come back

question 2:
Spoiler [+]
in the book he got as far as grouping her breasts he never went down south, he didn't know she was his sister but SHE knew he was her brother. he never got her naked
also i expected her to be more prettier
ohwell.gif

Spoiler [+]
Just went back and read the chapter from book 2 (Chapter 24). You're right they never got naked but he did proposition her repeatedly and she propositioned him as well in jest. And actually, she did grope him down south a few times
laugh.gif

There's a whole section where they get pretty explicit about how they're going to smash. He did grope her breasts as well.

The whole scene in the second episode pissed me off because we never got a true look at her character. She doesn't have to be super hot but she needs to be sexy. She had no personality written for her and there was no deft or playfulness to her in the show.

For those that have seen the leaked episode (episode 2)

Spoiler [+]
Who were the people talking on the beach?
and

Spoiler [+]
Was that a whitewalker at the end?

Originally Posted by Nawzlew

Spoiler [+]
and

Spoiler [+]

Spoiler [+]
Davos is the old white guy who serves Stannis, the black guy is Saladoor Sahn (sp) who is more or less a pirate for hire, and the other dude I think is Stannis' squire, who is also one of Davos' son. Not too sure about that last one. As for your other question yes that was a whitewalker or a wight. 

@hybridsoldier:

Spoiler [+]
It was implied in the books that Stannis and Melisandre had sex. Remember when Davos took her by boat to sneak into the castle to kill the man that would not yield to Stannis? She "gave birth" to a demon for a lack of a better term that killed the dude in the castle. Davos was shook not just because of what she did, but also by the fact that he recognized the demon's face, implying that it resembled Stannis. Also Davos confronted Melisandre later about this event and she confirmed that she slept with Stannis so a to fulfill the prophecy of the lord of light   

^Thanks a lot man. Got a little confusing there, didn't remember their faces from the first episode cause of all the new characters
laugh.gif

I am not liking all the unnecessary changes by the tv version

the yara/asha casting is just terrible...that actress must have connections to get that role

same with the +%$#! that has more face time then sean bean. She is probably doing the same things on the set.

Guys how can someone watch this outside of the US? HBOGO doesn't work in my country. I want to start from season one.

Thanks, appreciate all the help

Originally Posted by toine2983

Originally Posted by Nawzlew

Spoiler [+]
and

Spoiler [+]

Spoiler [+]
Davos is the old white guy who serves Stannis, the black guy is Saladoor Sahn (sp) who is more or less a pirate for hire, and the other dude I think is Stannis' squire, who is also one of Davos' son. Not too sure about that last one. As for your other question yes that was a whitewalker or a wight. 

@hybridsoldier:

Spoiler [+]
It was implied in the books that Stannis and Melisandre had sex. Remember when Davos took her by boat to sneak into the castle to kill the man that would not yield to Stannis? She "gave birth" to a demon for a lack of a better term that killed the dude in the castle. Davos was shook not just because of what she did, but also by the fact that he recognized the demon's face, implying that it resembled Stannis. Also Davos confronted Melisandre later about this event and she confirmed that she slept with Stannis so a to fulfill the prophecy of the lord of light   

Yeah I went back and read that passage again tonight. Thanks for clarifying. While there never was an explicit scene, it was implied. Then I realized this is mainly because the POV for all Stannis/Melissandre in that book all comes from Davos
laugh.gif

I don't even remember that being implied

Just saw the second episode. Thought it was better than the first. I really don't like how much time the red headed +$#*# got last year or this one this year. Very unnecessary.

Casting is mostly good with a few misses.

Originally Posted by DubA169

I don't even remember that being implied
i know right?
all it says that he likes vibrant colors that's why he made his rainbow guards
laugh.gif
(yes i know how it seems)
but still it never struck to me for him to be ayo

also question: which are the Others and which are the Wights
are the others the zombie ones, the ones that jon fought
and the wights the ones we see in the very first scene in the first episode

nah im talking about something else with stannis and red woman not being omplied.

Renly was implied to be gay numerous times. other characters would say certain slick things. they questioned if he had sex with margery tyrel or not. and loras is obsessed about him.

Yall might as well make this the book thread and create a whole new thread just about the show....

Originally Posted by knightngale

the yara/asha casting is just terrible...that actress must have connections to get that role

same with the +%$#! that has more face time then sean bean. She is probably doing the same things on the set.
It seems like they wanted to separate themselves a lot more from the book.  I don't know why.
Not sure if I like the actress playing Asha either.  Renaming her Yara wasn't necessary.  The audience is smart enough not to get Osha the wilding and Asha Greyjoy confused.  I didn't know the actress playing Osha was Tonks in the Harry Potter movies and was in About A Boy 
eek.gif

Are you talking about Rose?

Just finished watching season 1 in a day. Good show. Hbogo comes in clutch, f that torrent crap.

Originally Posted by shogun

Originally Posted by knightngale

It seems like they wanted to separate themselves a lot more from the book.  I don't know why.
Not sure if I like the actress playing Asha either.  Renaming her Yara wasn't necessary.  The audience is smart enough not to get Osha the wilding and Asha Greyjoy confused.  I didn't know the actress playing Osha was Tonks in the Harry Potter movies and was in About A Boy 
eek.gif

Are you talking about Rose?

I JUST saw this.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

I JUST saw this.

It's funny because I had a thing for both those characters and thought Osha wasn't bad either.  Didn't know all three were played by the same actress.  
laugh.gif

She's full Spanish but born in England 
devil.gif
smokin.gif

George R.R. Martin has said that he was impressed with how she played the character and it might influence how he writes for her in the next books.

I'm like a junkie chasing a high sitting here on Easter Sunday praying episode 3 leaks tonight.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

I'm like a junkie chasing a high sitting here on Easter Sunday praying episode 3 leaks tonight.
30t6p3b.gif

QFT!
not holding my breath tho, lol.

Back
Top Bottom