HBO's Game of Thrones: Season 2 Official Thread *Ep. 10* "Valar Morghulis" 6/03 @9pm ET/PT

Originally Posted by caleekicks

Originally Posted by JD161616

Originally Posted by CryingFreemancoa

Yeah this show is up there with Rome when it comes to expense. 
But glad either way 
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

There's an incredible amount of money to be made on the back end, though. Much more than Rome. The investment is worth it in the long run. Merchandising, added subscription sales, DVD/Blu-ray sales, licensing, etc. There are some interesting products in the works...
tumblr_m1wvyad1np1rrallbo2_500.jpg

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Originally Posted by KingofIlladelph

I'm not an active participant in this thread, but IMO there is too much focus put on the book in this thread. No one's dropping any major spoilers but saying things like "this is an important character in the book" is sort of hinting. I'd just as soon not come in here than tell you guys how to run this thread, but as someone who hasn't read the books, all of the comparisons limits the actual show discussion. Just my 2 cents. Carry on.

I thought it had been established a long time ago that an independent thread for the books was necessary.

Originally Posted by KingofIlladelph

I'm not an active participant in this thread, but IMO there is too much focus put on the book in this thread. No one's dropping any major spoilers but saying things like "this is an important character in the book" is sort of hinting. I'd just as soon not come in here than tell you guys how to run this thread, but as someone who hasn't read the books, all of the comparisons limits the actual show discussion. Just my 2 cents. Carry on.

Everyone who has a speaking part in this show (minus Ros) is an important character.

As long and we keep spoilers in spoilers I don't see why it should be a problem.

im about 3-4 episodes into season 1. im really digging it.

its not quite what i expected as far as plot/story goes... but its exactly what i expected from HBO. the acting and writing of this show is amazing. especially after watching 3 seasons spartacus.

that said, it seems to be pretty slow moving. almost like a mythical/medieval version of the Wire. does the action/violence pick up towards the end of season 1? im cool with the show as is, but im hesitant to watch it or recommend it to friends if its going to keep this methodical pace.

any insight is appreciated.

Originally Posted by xblaze23

shut up joe
thats not nice.

it definitely picks up.  there are a lot of different characters involved and most of them play key roles in how the story unfolds.  IIRC, the first few episodes of the 1st season was really used to introduce and setup who each character is and describe their relationship with each other.  Had they not done this, the payoff would not be as good as it is.  Just stay with it.  Its worth it.

Originally Posted by JonnyBlazeNyc

Originally Posted by knightngale

Hopefully this motivates that fatass to write  the books faster

That's...............HILARIOUS!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

He already told the HBO writers what happens incase he dies

Originally Posted by quik1987

Originally Posted by knightngale

Hopefully this motivates that fatass to write  the books faster

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

are you serious?
man they are gonna RUIN it then
tired.gif

not satisfied with season 2 so far.

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

are you serious?
tired.gif
score 1 for the non readers
laugh.gif

and i never know what kind of end i want to a show like this...im more happy with it just ending if that makes sense lol don't need some sort of finale 

Spoiler [+]
i was just wondering... (for the ppl who read book 2) did they ever say why Tyrion had a lot of blacksmiths build a big linked-chain around the city?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

are you serious?
tired.gif
score 1 for the non readers
laugh.gif

and i never know what kind of end i want to a show like this...im more happy with it just ending if that makes sense lol don't need some sort of finale 
Whoa!  
eek.gif
  Crazy that the HBO writers know how it all ends.  I'm not sure how it should all end either.  By the end of the 5th book there is just so much happening and people in power from all different sides.  It'll be interesting to see what he has planned for certain characters that are separated right now from everyone else.
Spidermichael, it was part of Tyrion's strategy for the battle.

Who would the 3 be? Tyrion
Lord Baelish (little finger)
and....... Varys?

Hopefully we can see what Brienne looks like next week. im on book 4 but the way they describe her should be cool to put a face to what im thinking.

Also in Season 1 wasnt Loras banging Renly? for some reason i dont remember reading that in the 1st book

Originally Posted by Tdogg2k

Who would the 3 be? Tyrion
Lord Baelish (little finger)
and....... Varys?

Hopefully we can see what Brienne looks like next week. im on book 4 but the way they describe her should be cool to put a face to what im thinking.

Also in Season 1 wasnt Loras banging Renly? for some reason i dont remember reading that in the 1st book

Its not in the books but its hinted at. Like I saw the show first, so all the signs were obvious to me reading it. 
roll.gif

I guess its because I saw the show before reading the book, and that was a mistake since i feel the show did extremely well at covering the book, i just sort of speed read over a lot of parts.

Back
Top Bottom