HBO's Game of Thrones: Season 2 Official Thread *Ep. 10* "Valar Morghulis" 6/03 @9pm ET/PT

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

Spoiler [+]
i was just wondering... (for the ppl who read book 2) did they ever say why Tyrion had a lot of blacksmiths build a big linked-chain around the city?
nerd.gif

Spoiler [+]
It's been a while since I finished the 2nd book but I think I remember the chain being in the water and it was raised to trap the ships from leaving when they set the water on fire

im glad I never (or haven't yet, I should say) read the books...Really anticipating s2 episode 3.

Almost wished it would've leaked like last weeks..

Hopin they don't off my dude John Snow

rmK
I've never read books after seeing the movie/tv version, but this story was too good and I just had to know what was happening.. I bought the 4 book box set for like 15 bucks. best thing I could have done for myself.

This is a great show, I've been addicted since episode one. Can't get myself to read the books though, I dread reading. But it's almost getting to the point that I wanna know the whole storyline without waiting for a new episode every week

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

Spoiler [+]
i was just wondering... (for the ppl who read book 2) did they ever say why Tyrion had a lot of blacksmiths build a big linked-chain around the city?
nerd.gif

yes, he had both plans

Spoiler [+]
The chain was to trap the ships in blackwater bay which he successfully did and then they lit them up with wildfire while they had them trapped.

Originally Posted by Tdogg2k

rmK
I've never read books after seeing the movie/tv version, but this story was too good and I just had to know what was happening.. I bought the 4 book box set for like 15 bucks. best thing I could have done for myself.

I def. plan on reading them soon...

Do they books match up with the show in terms of how the Seasons are separated..?

Like does the end of Season 1 on HBO = End of Book 1

Because when I saw the book in stores it was like 1000+ pages...I'm thinking there's no way the show covered every little thing in the book, right?

@rmk
Yea Season 1 ended at the same exact point as the first book.. Season 2 will be the same Season 3 will be split in 2 parts (because the 3rd book was ridic long)

I also D/l the audio books so I go back and forth when I can sit down in read (at work ) I use the book, but when im at the gym or on the bus I listen

Originally Posted by rmK

im glad I never (or haven't yet, I should say) read the books...Really anticipating s2 episode 3.

Hopin they don't off my dude Jon Snow

He plays a pretty integral part in the books. Dude isn't going anywhere.

Also, I didn't think that guy at the end was a whitewalker, I thought it was the creep from the farm they were staying at???

I thought the white walkers were white eyed and "dead"...

I figured it was a "wildling" or whatever they call them..

Originally Posted by DrewDioxin

Originally Posted by rmK

Hopin they don't off my dude Jon Snow

He plays a pretty integral part in the books. Dude isn't going anywhere.

Also, I didn't think that guy at the end was a whitewalker, I thought it was the creep from the farm they were staying at???
laugh.gif
 if i had never read the book and only watched the show id be pissed about coming into this thread.  dudes be droppin spoilers and hints recklessly.

the people dropping hints and insight about current/future events in the book need to really keep all of that confined to spoilers. 

Episode 13 - Preview

episode summary
Spoiler [+]
Catelyn Stark arrives at King Renly's camp to negotiate an alliance. Tyrion also tries to gain supports for Joffrey's cause by proposing three different marriages. At Winterfell, Bran Stark needs help to decipher his dreams.

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

im still mad about the cancellation of Rome.

How good was this show. Never seen one episode.
The show was really good, you should give it a watch when you get a chance. the budget is what killed it, the story line and characters were on point.

Titus Pullo & Lucius Vorenus best characters on the show.

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

im still mad about the cancellation of Rome.

How good was this show. Never seen one episode.
The show was really good, you should give it a watch when you get a chance. the budget is what killed it, the story line and characters were on point.

Titus Pullo & Lucius Vorenus best characters on the show.
cosign. it's was an awesome show who's budget was the sole reason it got cancelled. it seems like Game of Thrones is taking notes from that in leaving out some of the things that led to Rome's cancellatin, especially the big battles

Just ordered the complete 4 book set. I can't wait week by week like this.. these hr long episodes are too short!

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

rmK wrote:
laugh.gif
 if i had never read the book and only watched the show id be pissed about coming into this thread.  dudes be droppin spoilers and hints recklessly.

This is why I try not to say too much or anything too specific.  I also tell people to read the wiki page if they can't remember something.  I need to figure out how to do spoilers 
laugh.gif
I was also a fan of Rome.  It was awesome.  It saddened me a little bit to know the lead actor is now on a pos show like grey's anatomy 
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by shogun

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

laugh.gif
This is why I try not to say too much or anything too specific.  I also tell people to read the wiki page if they can't remember something.  I need to figure out how to do spoilers 
laugh.gif
I was also a fan of Rome.  It was awesome.  It saddened me a little bit to know the lead actor is now on a pos show like grey's anatomy 
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
[_spoiler] text goes here [_/spoiler]
remove the underscores and you get this
Spoiler [+]
text goes here

Back
Top Bottom