HBO's "GIRLS" Vol. "That Was Way Harsh, Tai"...

Ray killed all his SI lines and the Normandy joke was the hardest I've laughed this season

tumblr_mifv3i7VRB1rq6w88o1_400.gif

tumblr_mifv3i7VRB1rq6w88o4_400.gif

tumblr_mifv3i7VRB1rq6w88o2_400.gif

tumblr_mifv3i7VRB1rq6w88o3_400.gif

And in Jessa's brief scene they kept up her breakup and depression.. plus her reaction to Hannah was great

tumblr_mifmrhKJw21s3dykto2_500.gif

tumblr_mifmrhKJw21s3dykto3_500.gif

Adam:  She’s like a carnival game, you know? It all seems so simple but you can’t get the ring on the bottle because it’s ******g rigged. So you try and try and try and drive yourself nuts but when you walk away, you realize you didn’t want  the crappy prize to begin with. I realize that’s what Hannah is. A giant Tweetie doll I would have been stuck carrying around the whole carnival all night. 

Ray:  You’re a poet, you know that?
More of Ray and Adam please.

Last edited:
New episode is garbage SMH. Way too inconsistent story lines. Just pick something and run with it.

Huge disappointment after last week.

Hannah :rofl: That's what 4 bodies so far this season? And possibly an std

Jessa's dad :smh:

Last edited:
Hannah :rofl: That's what 4 bodies so far this season? And possibly an std

Jessa's dad :smh:

Came back exclusively to post that hannah's thirsty *** def has an STI :smh:

Too much going on, last episode was perfect but we got a full episode of Jemima so I guess I can't complain :\

man hannah, its like she's becoming as ***, but she's unaware of it. I wonder if she's gonna realize that she's not desirable, she's just a piece of P.
Her attitude is gonna to not make her seem like one to herself, but someone's going end up telling her she's a ***, which im sure she just throw off as
wasted judgement.

I love shoshanna 
embarassed.gif

just started season 2

Season 1 was hilarious 

Last edited:
I like that they're willing to devote an episode to one character and ship them away for an episode. It doesn't always work, but it's the approach the show takes. I think this show could be it's best when it has a free form structure like this, but it's certainly never going to be the most consistent.

And the actress who plays Jessa got pregnant in real life, which would explain why they had her disappear and possibly the reason for this very episode.

I loved the first season but this show is starting to lose me. I never thought I was a huge fan of Adam but he definitely added a lot to the show and was such a cool and original character.

meh, really just skimmed through this past episode and I'm sorta glad with the feedback here.

The shows really hit or miss with me this season..last season I actually really liked it, esp. the later half of the season.. hopefully that's the case with this season as well.

meh, really just skimmed through this past episode and I'm sorta glad with the feedback here.

The shows really hit or miss with me this season..last season I actually really liked it, esp. the later half of the season.. hopefully that's the case with this season as well.

That's the best way to describe it. It really has been hit or miss. I'm really disappointed because the first season was so good.

I think Lena Dunham thinks she's a lot more charming and a much better actress than she really is.

Judd Apatow doesn't cast himself in movies, if he did he'd have to change the role some and give himself less of the heavylifting, because he'd understand his own shortcomings. She's young, but that light is never gonna be brighter than right now, and she needs to understand that for next season. It's not the looks. Kathy Bates and Renee Zellweger are great actresses that have been leading women. It's understanding your own limitations.

Zosia Mamet is easily the best actress on the show, then the chick who plays Jessa, then Lena, then Alison Williams. Things got so much better last season, when they gave Adam a bigger, more nuanced part and let the people around Hannah do the heavylifting. Because this show is always a better show when it's an ensemble. When it's GIRLS. Maybe all the critical praise underneath the hating (and maybe even in response to the hating) has this show turning into HANNAH.

She's whiny, and one-note and abrasive and doesn't know how to get out of the story's way. She knows what stories to tell, but doesn't understand what she and her character do to the story's detriment. She thinks she's the female Bill Murray or something. She thinks she's her generation's Renee Zellweger or Sarah Jessica Parker. But those are talented, experienced actresses with writers, directors and producers guiding them.

She's in a bubble with an ATM for Judd to get his money attached to it.

And right now, she's Zooey Deschanel in New Girl before they figured out that less was more and they had to make it an ensemble and blunt the parts of her that turned people off. The fact that we're here now, after all that progress season 1 is pretty disappointing.

At least last week's episode is a keeper...

Last edited:
I watch this show with my girlfriend and her friends (who are girls or gay).

This show is geared towards women and their perspectives/experiences. I find the discussion of this show on NT pretty hilarious. A lot of of the references, insinuations and underlying plot themes are not meant for us to relate or understand. Probably why the show appears to be "hit or miss" for some.

I watch this show with my girlfriend and her friends (who are girls or gay).

This show is geared towards women and their perspectives/experiences. I find the discussion of this show on NT pretty hilarious. A lot of of the references, insinuations and underlying plot themes are not meant for us to relate or understand. Probably why the show appears to be "hit or miss" for some.

Oh.

The condescending insinuation in that first sentence is staggering. You watch it with your girlfriend (because no way you would otherwise) then her friends (who are girls or gay) because that's a very important distinction to make.

I didn't need to experience being spoiled twenty something women with abandonment issues and terrible parents to understand Jessa's plot last episode. Just the same as I don't need to experience being a father with cancer who begins to sell meth to get at what Breaking Bad is doing. If this was 30 minutes a week of Hannah doing a monologue about her womanhood, then yeah... most of us wouldn't be discussing it. But there's a lot of really strong stuff this show is capable of, not just for women or gays either. Good television or film can transcend the target demographic. Girls does that very well at times and also very poorly at other times.

The current underlying  plots for the main women. Hannah struggling with her "dream job" when finally given the chance. Marnie realizing her chosen career path might not be a viable option. Both Marnie and Hannah drifting apart as friends. Jessa's failed marriage and escaping her life after a failed attempt to reconnect with her father. Shoshanna has less of an arc, but she's dealing with her first serious relationship. Then you have Adam and Ray with their own stuff too. None of those plots are female-centric and most of the humor isn't only for women. It's more the college-educated, middle-upper class demographic that should be what people are uninterested in, not the women.

The hit and miss complaints has less to do with the female perspective but the jarring shifts in tone and style the show experiences. Where that works for a show like Louis, where the writing, ideas, and acting, are usually strong enough to carry the show through rougher episodes... that isn't the case for Girls. So when it jumps from an episode only about Hannah and a guy, to one with every character, to just Hannah and Jessa upstate, it's difficult for some to enjoy it consistently.

Last edited:
I like the series....this season seems to dedicate an episode to a particular character...guess it would be good for future seasons....kinda boring as of now but it's still good tv

She's whiny, and one-note and abrasive and doesn't know how to get out of the story's way. She knows what stories to tell, but doesn't understand what she and her character do to the story's detriment. She thinks she's the female Bill Murray or something. She thinks she's her generation's Renee Zellweger or Sarah Jessica Parker. But those are talented, experienced actresses with writers, directors and producers guiding them.

Nailed it.

Last ep was ok. Very hit or miss. Some funny parts and some dragging parts.

:lol: :smh: Man that would suck. Reminded me of Royce White

Adam rounding back into form :nthat:

Doorman bagged everyone's favorite chick while Ray was at home eating gummy candy :lol: :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom