HBO's "GIRLS" Vol. "That Was Way Harsh, Tai"...

off the top of my head favorite episode was when Ray won the city or neighborhood council. And when Adam had that live play thing in a house or museum

Shosh's Japan episodes were great too. Her and Ray were the only two who made some sort of plan stuck with it.

I saw none of season 1, about to go and watch, will be awkward with the perspective of never seen and knowing where it ends.

Put my hatred of hipsterdom aside and started bingewatching this series on Go. I'm on Season 4 right now, here are some of my random thoughts:

Marnie is hot as hell and her character is a dumb thot.

Shoshanna's voice makes me want to strangle a puppy. 

Jessa is bangable, I dig her personality. 

Lena is a horror to look at times but she put the whole thing together so whatever.

I know Ray is supposed to be the one with common sense but he's kind of annoying.

Kylo Ren has a weird mini George Muresan wave going. I do like his character development over time from neanderthal to professional actor.

Cool to see a legit New Yorker on the show: Colin Quinn. I loved his old show on Comedy Central, Tough Crowd With Colin Quinn (even attended a live taping once).

I think the show has some good moments whether funny or poignant. I really liked the scene with Jessa and her father (Mendelsohn ftw) at the swings. That was deep. At times I do cringe because these characters are obsessively narcissistic and they remind of people I've encountered here in NYC who fit the "Girls" bill. I sometimes wonder where truth ends and parody begins. On the one hand, it feels like they're promoting the Park Slope/Williamsburg trust fund lifestyle. At times, it feels like they're ridiculing it. I guess that's what makes it interesting although the reality is that the main female actresses are all privileged daughters. I kind of feel like Woody Allen in Annie Hall when he stereotypes that girl at the political event. And even though he's probably right, it's still strange to reduce someone to stereotypes. And now in referencing Woody Allen, I feel like Ray on the show. I don't know if I like the show but it is interesting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom