HBO's "GIRLS" Vol. "That Was Way Harsh, Tai"...

Marnie/Allison Williams is so intensely plain, white and ordinary I get turned on at the thought of having rhythmless awkward sex just to hear her generic off key moans.

I swear she's not even pretty, or cute it's just her intense levels of plain whiteness. It's like I wanna ram some soul into her 
mad.gif

What's wrong with me?

lol. i feel you on that. i wanna boink all the girls on the show but the one i like the most is....(looks down)................hannah. IDK what it is but her not being consience and insecure about her slight pudginess and willingness to get naked just turns me on in a weird way. Jessa can get it serious 2. 

lol. i feel you on that. i wanna boink all the girls on the show but the one i like the most is....(looks down)................hannah. IDK what it is but her not being consience and insecure about her slight pudginess and willingness to get naked just turns me on in a weird way. Jessa can get it serious 2. 

i knew i was gonna get flamed for that but idk........ it's her confidence and ego and naivety that does something to me. It makes the show what it is to me. 

Jessica looks like she stinks in real life, like vinegar... Just Marnie and Shoshanna, Zosia Mamet has a nicer body than Kate Upton (no sarcasm). 

:lol: Wilin'

Marnie > Shosh > Jessa > Hannah

Just caught up on the last 2, which kinda bled into each other for me. :wow: >D :x :lol:

It wasn't the best episode of the season, but it was probably my favorite of the series.
Sums it up on last week's.

I think if I ignore the Patrick Wilson ep and the Hannah invades Jessa's trip home ep, I really liked this season.

The more this show lets everyone that isn't Hannah take the limelight, the better it is for it. Hannah's fine in doses, so I was happy that she went off and did her little OCD Silver Linings stuff in the corner with her parents and doctor. The q-tip. :wow: :x Hannah deserves her parents.

Marnie...Marnie....Maggie's song....I cried.
It was funny enough when she sang to Ray, but that **** right there...:x :rofl: :x :rofl:

Shoshanna holding hands. >D

Natalia :evil: Sloane x Meadow Soprano?...from AA to the date to the party....too much. :lol: :nerd: :smh:
You knew bad things were gonna happen when Amy Schumer showed up, but that....wow.

This is Adam's show, whenever he wants it, even if he does bad things with it.

Last edited:
Season has picked up last couple episodes imo, still working out some kinks and Hannah sucked all season but not as bad as it could have gone.

[h1]What we talk about when we talk about Girls[/h1]
What’s so different about the reaction to Girls  is the belief by so many who dislike the show—for often valid reasons—that those who like it are letting go of their critical faculties. This is an attitude that tends to crop up more in comments sections than critical writing about the show, since critics are pretty uniformly gaga for it, even when we think the show makes weird missteps. It’s also an understandable reaction to the flood of good reviews and uncritical press, which includes a huge number of puff pieces. To say that everybody else has taken leave of their faculties often seems to make more sense than saying that our theoretical viewer doesn’t see in Girls  what everybody else does. But it also denies the subjectivity of human experience, the fact that we all see things differently—and the fact that that’s okay.
(The show’s relentless Hannah focus seems to drive some people nuts. I’m not one of them, but as this season wound up, I could at least see where they were coming from.) The second season was messy and poorly plotted and filled with character arcs that headed in one direction then abruptly veered in another, like one of those Crazy Mouse roller coasters.There are plenty of criticisms of Girls  I agree with. The show is too white. It’s too relentlessly upper-class. It sometimes has difficulty indicating that the things its characters do are meant to be vaguely horrifying, in the sense that they remind us of awful things we’ve done (or had done to us) in our 20s. And particularly in its first season, it had trouble indicating to the audience that Hannah Horvath was not another traditional single-girl-in-the-city heroine. She did terrible things and made huge social mistakes and just generally ****** everything up. In its second season, the series has been better about using its ensemble as an ensemble, but it’s also struggled with that from time to time,
So maybe that—the often-horrifying lack of emotional distance—is what we talk about when we talk about Girls. What Lena Dunham seems to want more than anything is to put viewers in the middle of these intense, emotional moments, to make them sympathize or empathize with people who can be terrible to each other in one moment and surprisingly loving in the next, even as she invites us to keep a certain distance and judge these people for all they don’t know. It’s an incredibly difficult balance to keep going, and I don’t know how long she’ll be able to. But when the show is in the zone, there’s nothing like it on television, and when I’m invited into those intensely private moments, to contemplate these people in both their despair and joy, I’m always riveted.
Some excerpts but click the link for the full article.

OK my list

Shoshanna>Marnie>Jessa....

Hannah can take a seat since she is not included....

Did Lena Dunham write this season about her current mental state? lol

Season 2 was an absolute train wreck just like Hannah was in the episodes haha

MrONegative hit the nail on the head. Lena Dunham needs to take an acting class and really decide on whether or not she really needs to be in front of the camera. I downloaded and watched the first season today, and I don't know how some of you guys even made it past the first episode. Hannah is such an annoying character. 

so unrealistic basically women all get there way, only one that makes sense is Shoshanna not feeling the old dude, but my man is so weird he leaves
a very attractive women for hannah, oh really and this chick marnie gets to treat dude like a second citizen, then she wants to be the C_ rag for a semi well off
dude, and then gets back with her sx after he becomes wealthy, that ending for very unrealistic.

I was into the episode until homie Forrest Gumped it across Brooklyn for that disaster.

But I guess I get it. I think we all should have seen it coming.

And the show is called Girls, dudes. Written, directed, produced, edited, imagined, suffered and whatever else she wants us to know she does by Lena Dunham. You had to know that it was going to be this way most of the time. :lol:

Last edited:
Wouldnt eem care if they did a 3rd season

really...i mean, i'd probably still watch it, but the show has run it's course...

This didn't set much up at all for the third season. Unless anyone cares about the Marnie-Hannah friendship's deterioration.

I really hated how the show dealt with the e-book deal. I never felt that there was anything really at stake even though she had the threat of being sued.

season sucked, i can't believe critics really like this show. i honestly think its a conspiracy. has this been picked up for a 3rd season? it would be a travesty if so.

I'ma give the show another chance next season but that last episode sucked and this show had some really crappy point this season. I wouldn't say it was awful but it was definitely disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom