HBO'S "Insecure" [ Created by Issa Rae ► Season III: 2020 ]

How they completely drop Daniel like that though.

I definitely thought he was gonna show back up in a later episode.

I like Daniel, but he ain't L-Boogie. Nathan is cool too. I hope Daniel gets popping and makes a return like Molly's old dude that she was scared to lock down.

I'm interested in seeing the expansion of Asian-Bae. I think dude has potential to be the man on the show as well checkin' Molly left and right. I feel like that Dro ark might not be done too.

Wait was the church chick and the organizer Lawrence went on the date with the same girl?

Man, u ain't lying....one of the best scenes of the entire series. I honestly had no clue the dude who played Nathan could pull that off. His character, up until that point, wasn't doing anything memorable. There is no way the Nathan/Issa angle is left alone in S4.

I thought the same thing but i think thats how he was "acting" the Nathan character. Something is off with him like he wants to tell her something but he keeps holding back.

A1 acting though

OFF TOPIC RANT:
Dude was a whole action hero in the latest Purge. Homie Ong-Bak'd his was through several mercenary units and trained tactical squads. In fact everyone that lived in that neighborhood had WAAAAY more tactical skill than they should have.

:rofl: my man had to have LOVED playing that role. He was out here like Rambo

I forgot all about Daniel :lol:

I'm reading all these posts with Daniel being mentioned and I'm like who the **** is that? Am I in the right thread?

Talking about getting ghosted. Whole show ghosted him :lol:

Wait was the church chick and the organizer Lawrence went on the date with the same girl?
Nah. Church chick is light skin and looked like a thicker Hilary Banks.

Organizer shorty is dark skin and was previously in the baby shower episode.

OFF TOPIC RANT:
Dude was a whole action hero in the latest Purge. Homie Ong-Bak'd his was through several mercenary units and trained tactical squads. In fact everyone that lived in that neighborhood had WAAAAY more tactical skill than they should have.
Oh wow a possible reason to watch the Purge movie.

So I be posting **** when I’m blazed.

BUT - I really dgaf about Lawrence and Issa getting back together.
I’m cool with each one of them having their own story line even if they independent of each other.

Nathan cool tho. He remind me of myself...
:nerd:

Instead of going around sucking ****, Issa should’ve been asking Lawrence for some saving tips.

giphy.gif

At the finale I noticed a supreme contrast between Nathan and Lawrence:

Lawrence, currently, is stability. He's someone that seems add a level of comfort to her life. Familiarity. He's consistent. And he's had some real growth, which I'm sure she's noticed. However, he doesn't push her to be her better self. We've seen it twice now, highlighted again at the Last Dragon premiere where she let him know she's given up on the block party idea. He doesn't provide her with those introspective questions or encouragement that push you to that upper level where your mind, body and soul become one.

Nathan, on the other hand, is a person that pushes and encourages her in a way no one else does. No judgement, just faith in her ability to do it. Whatever it may be. That could be game, but it's provided her with the confidence to leave her trash job, step out on her own, and chase what she's truly passionate about. It's exactly what she's craving and what's got her so stuck on homie. BUT on the other hand, he's a depressed soul. This will almost certainly provide her with exactly what Lawrence was in S1. The lows will have her questioning every bit of that relationship, especially if she's there to witness it just as she did with Lawrence.

There's also still a large bit of mystery with Nathan. Maybe it's been fleshed out off screen and just is not a point the writing staff want us to focus on as it may not have anything to do with the story arc / overall point they are trying to convey.

This is such a great ****ing post.

https://thegrio.com/2018/10/18/issa...audience-that-threw-me-all-the-way-the-f-off/

"Yes, Issa Rae is rooting for everybody Black, but the comedy darling behind HBO’s Insecure was surprised to learn that 62% of the show’s viewers are white and they’re rooting for her success too."

I knew something was off about this show. My biggest issue is that the show goes out of its way to show broken black people but I didn't realize that she was just pandering to a specific audience. Welp I know now.

https://thegrio.com/2018/10/18/issa...audience-that-threw-me-all-the-way-the-f-off/

"Yes, Issa Rae is rooting for everybody Black, but the comedy darling behind HBO’s Insecure was surprised to learn that 62% of the show’s viewers are white and they’re rooting for her success too."

I knew something was off about this show. My biggest issue is that the show goes out of its way to show broken black people but I didn't realize that she was just pandering to a specific audience. Welp I know now.

Why is this surprising to people? 62% of America is white and only 12% of America is Black. There are always gonna be more white people watching TV shows, buying music, going to movies, etc. than black people.

I don't think she's pandering at all. This is just her story and she's telling it her way.

Is it really pandering if a significant demographic that views the show also finds the show to be HIGHLY relatable?

You made a jump in your logic that isn’t really based in anything sound. Sounds like you just saw “a lot of white people watch the show” and then ran with it a little. No shots fired or anything... but your pandering accusation is baseless.

Also consider what the title of the show is and maybe that will explain why some of the characters are “broken”... and even that label is debatable.

Back
Top Bottom