HBO'S "Insecure" [ Created by Issa Rae ► Season III: 2020 ]

https://thegrio.com/2018/10/18/issa...audience-that-threw-me-all-the-way-the-f-off/

"Yes, Issa Rae is rooting for everybody Black, but the comedy darling behind HBO’s Insecure was surprised to learn that 62% of the show’s viewers are white and they’re rooting for her success too."

I knew something was off about this show. My biggest issue is that the show goes out of its way to show broken black people but I didn't realize that she was just pandering to a specific audience. Welp I know now.

Are there not broke black people?

https://thegrio.com/2018/10/18/issa...audience-that-threw-me-all-the-way-the-f-off/

"Yes, Issa Rae is rooting for everybody Black, but the comedy darling behind HBO’s Insecure was surprised to learn that 62% of the show’s viewers are white and they’re rooting for her success too."

I knew something was off about this show. My biggest issue is that the show goes out of its way to show broken black people but I didn't realize that she was just pandering to a specific audience. Welp I know now.
How do you go from 62% of the show's demographic is white ppl who choose to watch the show to she's pandering to them?

Its HBO. Of course a majority of white ppl watch it.

You'd be surprised @ The Wire's demographic too and say they were pandering to white ppl too huh?

Last edited:
Are there not broke black people?
That's another problem.

Like black ppl are never gonna get to the point in entertainment where they can portray them various different ways and lights. Only as paragons? Meanwhile white ppl gone full circle with it and it's not even questioned when they're portrayed negatively.

How do you go from 62% of the show's demographic is white, ppl who choose to watch the show to she's pandering to them?

Its HBO. Of course a majority of white ppl watch it.

You'd be surprised @ The Wire's demographic too and say they were pandering to white ppl too huh?

Rap music pandering too?
I can’t keep up with the internet these days.

Finally watched all of season 3 yesterday I'm anticipating season 4. Nathan was a cool addition to the show, and I just hope that Issa and Lawrence can co-exist without the intimate relationship.

Last edited:
Just started watching this a couple weeks ago and finished S3 the other day.

Very reminiscent of GIRLS, except w/ black ppl and actually funny (GIRLS took an early nosedive after S1)

Tasha the baddest chick on the show

Daniel's beats are trash

That's all, for now.

Tasha from the bank
FE33E0D8-CDD3-4A16-AEE9-FDE11A35D0E7.png

B79A91B6-0F3F-4655-8BFD-ED14896C2375.jpeg

AC533CAC-8448-4C89-B7A0-2337FD222E19.jpeg

6DAD8795-8F15-427A-A350-67F7CCD9AFFD.gif
Would have wifed

That tweet about Issa telling black women to date Asian men only for her to get engaged to a guy from Senegal was too damn funny

Amanda Seales Accuses Myron Rolle, NFL Player Turned Neurosurgeon of Inappropriate Behavior

https://thegrio.com/2019/02/19/aman...yer-turned-neurosurgeon-of-inappropriate-dms/

"Amanda Seales is speaking out about a very uncomfortable situation.

The actress/comedienne posted a video that explains that former Tennessee Titans player turned neurosurgeon, Myron Rolle is the man who has contacted her on the internet and said “troubling things” to her on the phone.

According to TheJasmineBrand, Rolle is currently a neurosurgeon at Harvard Medical School and was a Rhodes Scholar who studied at Oxford University and the Florida State University College of Medicine.

The Insecure star who recently debuted her HBO comedy special, I Be Knowin’ said she felt the need to name Rolle after her tales of her interactions with him prompted other women to reach out.

“I really don’t take it lightly what I’m about to say. Um, because when you name names, you know, you put not only that person out there, but you also put yourself out there. But, I feel as a woman who makes it my business to be a warrior for the truth, that it needs to be said. I, on my podcast, um and on ‘The Breakfast Club,’ spoke about an individual who had approached me on the Internet and we spoke on the phone, and, they said some troubling things in the conversation that made me take a step back,” she said.

“With literally no investigation, it was brought to my attention he had sexually harassed a woman by opening the door when she came to meet him for a date butt naked. And then telling her that she was the one overreacting.”

Amanda Seales explained that she decided to name Rolle after several women described their own experiences with him based off of stories she told on her podcast and The Breakfast Club.

“When I spoke about him on my podcast and on ‘The Breakfast Club,’ I didn’t say his name. I literally just said a couple of characteristics about him and it has been shocking and incredibly discomforting to me, how many women, eight as of tonight, that have come forward to say his name. And that he had been incredibly problematic and behaved in a very sexually predatorial way that could have gotten him fired. I say all that to say, if you are approached by Myron Rolle, you should just be mindful.”

Back
Top Bottom