HBO'S "Insecure" [ Created by Issa Rae ► Season III: 2020 ]

Just sad a lot of sisters can't be their best selves for a good brother.

Seems like they put their best foot forward for someone outside the black diaspora
Are we just talking about the “Molly’s” we’ve encountered in our lives (the more professionally or academically accomplished black women struggling to find a black male partner similarly accomplished) or black women in general?

Most of the black women I know and grew up with have settled down with black men. Most if not all are at least college graduates, a couple lawyers and engineers, one doctor, all working last I checked. Only two come to mind when it comes to married outside of their race (white and Asian guys). The girl with the asian guy made it known since HS she had a thing for them so no surprise there.

I’ve had Molly-like friends go through phases of struggling to find driven black men to date but ultimately they’ve settled down with similarly situated black men. I know it’s a legit struggle for black women that’s worth exploring but I don’t see it as a permanent struggle for the majority of them. Again, just from my personal experience.

Just sad a lot of sisters can't be their best selves for a good brother.

Seems like they put their best foot forward for someone outside the black diaspora

I'm not trying to derail this thread but, it's very well known that successful black women have a hard time dating. It's well documented that there's a pretty big gap between numbers and percentages of college-educated black men and black women. Because there are so many more educated, successful black women than black men, black women are expected to date down or "invest in his potential" (pretty much act like his mother and also be his therapist) hoping that their man will become the next Barack Obama.

Many black women have been burned by black men, wasting years hoping a guy gets his act together, stops cheating, etc. I'm not mad at Molly for flourishing with a non-black man. I just wish the circumstances weren't what they are.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to derail this thread but, it's very well known that successful black women have a hard time dating. It's well documented that there's a pretty big gap between numbers and percentages of college-educated black men and black women. Many of them have been burned by black men, wasting years hoping a guy gets his act together, stops cheating, etc. I'm not mad at Molly for flourishing with a non-black man. I just wish the circumstances weren't what they are.

💯

I'm not trying to derail this thread but, it's very well known that successful black women have a hard time dating. It's well documented that there's a pretty big gap between numbers and percentages of college-educated black men and black women. Many of them have been burned by black men, wasting years hoping a guy gets his act together, stops cheating, etc. I'm not mad at Molly for flourishing with a non-black man. I just wish the circumstances weren't what they are.
I agree with this post 100%. I'm mad at Molly for not being a conservative and speaking on race. This was a huge misunderstanding that she started.

9D573C09-BB83-4CD3-A98C-5304EF8B88A6.gif

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOO. Very happy that the two most conservative characters are Making this Show Great Again. #BLACKGIRLMAGIC, #LAWRENCEISACONSERVATIVE, #MOLLYISASCUMBAG

Now everybody loving the show again :lol:

That's all you wanted? All yall were just some Issa/Lawrence shippers this whole time :lol: Ep was good but I still feel it came a little too soon.

Alaska :lol:

I knew Lawrence wanted this convo once he had that argument with Condola.

TSA dude :rofl: Their inside jokes wild corny :lol: The Horn Identity

That dialogue after Issa asked what if I wanted to stay was not real life. Even for a pair that was a couple for a long time.

We're those Lawrence's clothes she wore the next day so it didn't look like she was doing the walk of shame next morning? If not how she just happen to have sleep iver clothes? Or even more treacherous are those some of Condola's sleep over clothes?! :nerd:

The soundtrack for this show stays top notch :pimp:

Now everybody loving the show again :lol:

That's all you wanted? All yall were just some Issa/Lawrence shippers this whole time :lol: Ep was good but I still feel it came a little too soon.

Alaska :lol:

I knew Lawrence wanted this convo once he had that argument with Condola.

TSA dude :rofl: Their inside jokes wild corny :lol: The Horn Identity

That dialogue after Issa asked what if I wanted to stay was not real life. Even for a pair that was a couple for a long time.

We're those Lawrence's clothes she wore the next day so it didn't look like she was doing the walk of shame next morning? If not how she just happen to have sleep iver clothes? Or even more treacherous are those some of Condola's sleep over clothes?! :nerd:

The soundtrack for this show stays top notch :pimp:
I don’t think I’ve once I. This thread said I hated the show but I don’t remember much
no idea where she got that sweater from but I’m not sweating it.
If Condola is pregnant, I’ll be pissed.

I don’t think I’ve once I. This thread said I hated the show but I don’t remember much
no idea where she got that sweater from but I’m not sweating it.
If Condola is pregnant, I’ll be pissed.

that sweater was the one she was looking at at the art gallery so she/he must have bought it. Condola pregs is definitely how they gone play it

Back
Top Bottom