HBO'S "Insecure" [ Created by Issa Rae ► Season III: 2020 ]

The only thing good about that missing storyline was it gave Kelli a chance to shine.

Lawrence handled that differently than I hoped. IMO that was written by a woman. They couldn't have showed dude happy to have a kid? They had to show the first thing he thought of was asking if she was going to kill it?
I wouldn’t have been happy. That’s a normal reaction. Minus the abortion part.

Yeah if a woman I wanted to be serious with only to find out I'm some rebound, hits me up weeks later saying she pregnant while I'm trying to get with the woman I love and about to really start my career, I'd be pissed. Sure I may not had said the things he said in the way he did but I get his anger.

The only thing good about that missing storyline was it gave Kelli a chance to shine.

Lawrence handled that differently than I hoped. IMO that was written by a woman. They couldn't have showed dude happy to have a kid? They had to show the first thing he thought of was asking if she was going to kill it?

That ***** isn’t happy. Why would they show that? I think that’s a normal reaction for most men in that situation :lol: He can’t tell her what to do about it but he can certainly ask what she plans to do.

Condola def keeping the baby out of spite. I just went back to the third episode when they had that conversation in the kitchen.....

She didn't even invite Lawrence to stay for friendsgiving....
Her friends were clowning him on the low....
Finding out he was a rebound....

Condola getting mad that Lawrence and Issa had good chemistry and inside jokes. She was jealous of this, then questioned Lawrence if he would have left her if she hadn't cheated...She's selfish and KNEW Lawrence was happier with Issa and pulled this ****...I only hope Issa would see this and be understanding and willing to work it out with Lawrence, but this is one hell of a wrench in the plans.

full

Break this down for me...I'm not following why Lawrence would be happy in that situation.

Last edited:
I think Condola just had a change of heart on wanting kids after her and Lawrence broke up. Could hav potentially had come to Jesus moment and realized that as each year goes by having a baby becomes less and less likely so she may have committed to herself that if she did get pregnant then she’d keep it no matter what.

Condola def keeping the baby out of spite. I just went back to the third episode when they had that conversation in the kitchen.....

Condola getting mad that Lawrence and Issa had good chemistry and inside jokes. She was jealous of this, then questioned Lawrence if he would have left her if she hadn't cheated...She's selfish and KNEW Lawrence was happier with Issa and pulled this ****...I only hope Issa would see this and be understanding and willing to work it out with Lawrence, but this is one hell of a wrench in the plans.

Play stupid games...win stupid prizes. Can't go raw in a joint...then play the spite card when she say she keeping it. We all know alot of ****** who learned that the hard way. I dodged a bullet or 2 in my day before this set in for me.

Furthermore...as I said back during the Thanksgiving episode...how are you in a serious relationship and not have an understanding about what direction each party is headed? How Lawrence just find out she didn't want to marry or have children again....AFTER he's already been smashing raw? That's backwards.

Because he doesn't have to marry or be with her to still be a part of his childs life.

Dude is a financially stable dude in his 30's having his first child.

Poll NT...and I guarantee you less than 1% of men would be this optimistic upon being placed in those shoes

MOST men would not want to father children with someone that they aren't/ don't want to be with. Damn the marriage or relationship or the finances...you are still ATTACHED to that woman for at least the next 18 years. There's plenty to be worried about.

Last edited:
Poll NT...and I guarantee you less than 1% of men would be this optimistic upon being placed in those shoes

MOST men would not want to father children with someone that they aren't/ don't want to be with. Damn the marriage or relationship or the finances...you are still ATTACHED to that woman for at least the next 18 years. There's plenty to be worried about.

I disagree if they're financially stable and Lawrence's age

99% of men who are financially stable aren't going to get upset because you aren't going to kill it. If that were the case, it wouldn't be so many kids.

Men that want kids usually want them with the woman they see themselves settling down with.

but Issa isn't exactly mother material

Last week "I don't want a family with you"
This week "I'm keeping your baby"

Of course Larry isn't going to be happy and ask her if she's going to keep it. They are no longer together and he's not trying to be tied down to her for the rest of his life.

TWEEEEEENNNEEEE MINUTES!!!!!!

TWEEEENNNEEEE MINUTES ON A CHARACTER NO ONE GIVES A **** ABOUT AND HAS BEEN ON THE SCREEN FOR A TOTAL OF 7 MINUTES THIS SEASON.

I couldn’t believe that was the finale, 10 minutes of the stars of the show and main plot.

What a garbage ****in season, liked two episodes.

Hats off to some of y’all that called the pregnancy.

TWEEEEEENNNEEEE MINUTES!!!!!!

TWEEEENNNEEEE MINUTES ON A CHARACTER NO ONE GIVES A **** ABOUT AND HAS BEEN ON THE SCREEN FOR A TOTAL OF 7 MINUTES THIS SEASON.

I couldn’t believe that was the finale, 10 minutes of the stars of the show and main plot.

What a garbage ****in season, liked two episodes.

Hats off to some of y’all that called the pregnancy.

I was disappointed that Amanda Seales wasn't found dead or with another dude.

VARNELL HILL VARNELL HILL I didn't mean either was right, they're both irresponsible given the time frame. He was definitely stupid not protecting himself having sex with her at that point. Aside from that, Condola took note of the chemistry he and Issa had, brought up the question of if she hadn't cheated, would he have left, then he paused....She didn't forget that. That meant that Issa has his heart, and Condola doesn't. What's the best way to get in the middle of that and interrupt that? The opportunity to have a child, and if given the choice to keep it or not, she'd keep it to try and disrupt that relationship, albeit a messed up way. That is very real, and one of the nuances I like how the show tackles.

So you didn't consider the part about her having previous abortions and not wanting to do that this time bro? :lol:

Cheating cool but her death... nah wasn't expecting that at all. And the fact that he's disappointed about that? Anything you need to get off your chest Magic33 Magic33

It was the last episode of the season, and they devoted way too much time for such an insignificant character. She goes missing for several episodes.

Like Hahahaha Hahahaha said, I was hoping more than she has postpartum depression. Kelli was the only good that arrived from that entire plot line, and I guess Molly and Issa, but that stemmed more from them needing each other as a crutch.

I disagree if they're financially stable and Lawrence's age

99% of men who are financially stable aren't going to get upset because you aren't going to kill it. If that were the case, it wouldn't be so many kids.

Idk man I'm financially stable I think I would still be upset but I wouldn't voice that to her directly. It has nothing to money, you just don't want to deal with a woman for the next two decades I didn't plan on seeing again. You weren't planning on being responsible for another human when it feels like you got the life sliders on 99 right now.

It was the last episode of the season, and they devoted way too much time for such an insignificant character. She goes missing for several episodes.

Like Hahahaha Hahahaha said, I was hoping more than she has postpartum depression. Kelli was the only good that arrived from that entire plot line, and I guess Molly and Issa, but that stemmed more from them needing each other as a crutch.
PostPartum is a huge thing and needs to be talked more about especially in regards to Black Women. Tiffany's mini story arc this whole season was all about that and lead to this. This situation was the spark that got Issa and Molly softening their stance on there relationship (that break up and the baby news was the actual fire lit under their ***).

Back
Top Bottom