HBO's The Night Of

Any idea what Omar's reasoning was for offering to help Nas?

I'd guess Freddy is going to want Naz to be his new mule.

Seeing how they showed him having sex with the guard and THEN retrieving drugs from her, I'd assume this is something he plans on having Naz do in exchange for protecting him

I still think the cat has something to do with this.

Another suspect that got put on my list due to last nights episode is the guy from the support group.

The one that said "I got back in the dating scene" or something like that. If Stons's feet have something to do with this case, this guy could be the one because he has the same condition. From the looks of it he had it all over his body.

I still think the cat has something to do with this.

Another suspect that got put on my list due to last nights episode is the guy from the support group.

The one that said "I got back in the dating scene" or something like that. If Stons's feet have something to do with this case, this guy could be the one because he has the same condition. From the looks of it he had it all over his body.

Stone had no connection to Naz prior to the murder. For him or the other dude from the support group to be tied into the death, that would be too much of a coincidence.

I don't think the eczema has anything to do with the case. Just a little sidebar.

Also, I think this comment from AV Club sums up my feelings so far...

I know there are some that said last week that the show moves glacially. But once again the dread tonight is palpable, masterfully ratcheted up with every detail that becomes increasingly terrifying. What's behind steel doors, mirrors that distort reflection, near diabolical glances, the dehumanizing elements just to visit a loved one at Rikers with latex gloved inspections, the near putrid greens and yellows.....it all serves to affirm the shock of prison especially with most viewers seeing it as if we are seeing it all through Naz's eyes

Further, using the cat almost as innocence incarnate, being taken to the pound, disappearing into the recesses of near darkness and the idea of death impending....not unlike Naz....damn heady stuff.

Finally the pressure on Naz's parents, with the cab impounded, and losing a vital source of income, the entire situation is a horrifying downward spiral for all concerned. It speaks volumes to the collateral damage of the innocent in criminal proceedings.

Especially the part that I enlarged.

View media item 2111802View media item 2111803View media item 2111804View media item 2111805
HBO really took it there. This show feels so authentic through every little detail. the soap in the sink after his lawyer washed his hands... his mother being searched... the grimey prison conditions... and that final scene....

You are completely alone up there and miles from home. Maaaaaan they took it there.

Are you talking about just the detail...dirty hands? Or am I missing something?

View media item 2111802View media item 2111803View media item 2111804View media item 2111805
HBO really took it there. This show feels so authentic through every little detail. the soap in the sink after his lawyer washed his hands... his mother being searched... the grimy prison conditions... and that final scene....

You are completely alone up there and miles from home. Maaaaaan they took it there.

Are you talking about just the detail...dirty hands? Or am I missing something?

View media item 2111822
nothing too intricate, just like how the camera lingers over the sink after he washes his hand and you see the soap and how grimy the sink is in the court house. Just something about the cinematography with this show that draws you in and gives you an authentic feel.

Last edited:
i have a feeling that cat comes into play later. maybe it attacked the killer and has human dna in its nails :nerd:

i have a feeling that cat comes into play later. maybe it attacked the killer and has human dna in its nails :nerd:

I think if anything, while in court, the fact that she put the cat out shows that she wanted Naz to stay... furthermore, if she never locked that door after letting the cat out.. that could be where the true killer entered.

I appreciate the cinematography and the authenticity of the show, but so far it hasn't drawn me like the first episode, gotten worse actually

It is a short series, so hopefully things pick up a bit

I think someone is going to notice how the cat gets in and out of the house and will see how the actual murder suspect could have gotten in

I appreciate the cinematography and the authenticity of the show, but so far it hasn't drawn me like the first episode, gotten worse actually

It is a short series, so hopefully things pick up a bit
It kinda has to pick up, no?

There's only 5 more episodes left (5 hours).

The cat keeps coming back to the house for food, right? So maybe Stone pieces together that Naz didn't do the murder because he passed out letting the cat back in.

The cat was let out when Naz said his asthma flares up. After hooking up w/ Andrea, she tells him to let the cat back in for milk. Hence why the fridge was open and dude was passed out on the counter. If the door doesn't lock well, whoever killed her could have just slipped in at some point after Naz passed out from the E, alcohol, and asthma meds...

Tinfoil hat? Maybe...

Those tittays were juicy.

The cat is definitely playing a part in what will happen and that damned deer was in the previews for next too.

Maybe there's a video camera hidden there.

Feet don't bother me.

:lol: @ suing his son and Stone's cards being everywhere.

Not surprised if dude is setting Naz up so he begs for protection with that fire stunt.

HBO really took it there. This show feels so authentic through every little detail. the soap in the sink after his lawyer washed his hands... his mother being searched... the grimey prison conditions... and that final scene....

Bruh that scene really had me spook...is Omar putting the goons on him? The prison scenes really had a chillin effect.
Hopefully Omar isn't a booty warrior and gonna take advantage of Naz in that way. Also I wasn't feeling step pops I feel he has more to do with this.

Last edited:
Bruh that scene really had me spook...is Omar putting the goons on him? The prison scenes really had a chillin effect.
Hopefully Omar isn't a booty warrior and gonna take advantage of Naz in that way. Also I wasn't feeling step pops I feel he has more to do with this.

Had Naz close his eyes and touch his meat...

But yea I'm hoping that's not where this is headed since we saw him with the female guard.

Crazy when they first showed the guard I said "damn she would get stroked."

30 seconds later Omar stroking her. :lol:

Last edited:
Bruh that scene really had me spook...is Omar putting the goons on him? 
That's the way I took it. 

If he has THAT much juice in the prison...who's going to oppose him? 

I'm really curious as to what he wants from Naz tho. The drug mule theory is the only one that makes sense. 

Wonder what the other two cab drivers are gonna do. They need the cab to make a living and the case isn't gonna end quick.

Wonder what the other two cab drivers are gonna do. They need the cab to make a living and the case isn't gonna end quick.

They're gonna call Stone, hes gonna stick by the kid while the other lawyer shows her true colors and boom! Hes back on the case. Lol

Back
Top Bottom