Headed to Costa Rica

NT, a couple of friends and I are taking a trip to Costa Rica during the first week of September (7 days, 6 nights), and I’m trying to build an itinerary for the perfect trip. I’ve been going on-line and searching for example itineraries, but it’s hard to go through a billion BS travel threads (or maybe I’m just too lazy), so I figured I’d try here for some help.

We’re mainly looking to stay in San Jose and Tamarindo during our trip; beach all day, good restaurants and good night-life.

So, any recommendations for:

Beautiful beaches with amazing surf?

Those must-go restaurants?

Bars/night clubs (no “pay-for-company spots

The beaches you'd want to go to are in Limon (Caribbean side).
Eat lots of casado (cheap food)

Go zip lining.

Panamanian girls there are better looking than the costa rican ones.

Tis all.

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

Originally Posted by firmePORvida

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

stay strapped & have fun
Damn son, I'm trying to celebrate and not catch a case!
I meant another type of strap like jimmy cap

hahaha! That makes more sense!

6 rings MJ, I'll be sure to post pics and PM you any x-rated, if I get any.

I want a villa in the costa rica, so I can smoke my reefer, and enjoy how life's supposed to treat ya 
pimp.gif
smokin.gif

I went and it sounds like I did something similar. It's been a while since I went though.

It may be more developed since I was there.

Flew into San Jose. My boy had family there so we crashed there for a day. Hit a few bars that night. Good times.

Rented a car and drove to Tamarindo Beach. Stayed at the Best Western. It was cool. Great view of the beach from our room. Cool little pool area.

Beach was right across the street. It's a surf spot. I tried to surf. Busted my @$%. Literally crashed into a rock and came out bleeding.

One REALLY nice restaurant I can remember. Food was great. Had cigars so we did the cigar/cognac thing.

A few cool bars. Lots of chicks. CHEAP drinks.

Then we drove somewhere else and did the ziplines. Do those.

I remember driving through a city called Punta Arenas that had mad females.

Wound up in a city called Jaco because we wanted to to wave runners. Went out that night to a spot where we wound up in the most insane bar brawl I've ever seen.

Wound up back in San Jose. Flew out. We road dogged it hard and it was a *%@#%!$ blast.

I remember we had a hard time getting good trees though. Possibly the only thing that could have gone better.

Go to Manuel Antonio Nat'l park

do some sort of canopy tour as well

BEAUTIFUL country....we met so many people from US/Canada who went down and never left.

Thanks for the tips and sharing your experience guys. I might have to do some research on Manuel Antonio and Limon. Will definitely look into rented a house versus hotel.

The most amazing thing about Costa Rica, aside from the scenery, are the people. They are usually very sweet, helpful, and always know how to have a good time. They have a "pura vida" lifestyle out there which is very lax and free of desires and inhibitions. I would suggest going to Jaco and enjoying the beach, as well as the strip. The strip is full of clubs and bars. There is a spot called The Monkey Bar which is mad chill. Prostitution is legal so bad women of the night will be approaching you with no shame in their game. Every women has a price out there and i remember my boy leaving with a cashier one time. There is also a very shady and dangerous under-culture which you should keep a third eye open for. It's actually wintertime there now and I believe it's the rainy season. It should rain just about every day but it will also still be very hot. Even on a cloudy day the Costa Rican ozone will %%** you up. Weed is very easy to obtain. It could take about 2-3 different interactions with people but you'll eventually come across the ganj. Just keep an eye out for shady behavior. If someone invites you down an alley way to serve you, you should be really careful. I would suggest getting surf lessons on Jaco Beach. Most of the locals have been surfing since they were toddlers and the teachers they have are usually very helpful. Also, you should definitely take a monkey tour where you get to see the cute capuchins. Manuel Antonio (the city) is pretty cool too. It's a very young party town that has a very, very nice beach.

If you have the paper, you should def check out this spot too: https://www.waterfallgardens.com/

It's called the Peace Lodge and it was awesome. They basically have a zoo on sight where you can see a lot of the unique Costa Rican fauna. They have a trout lake where you can catch a fish that the restaurant will prepare for you that night. This place was the paramount of my trip last time I went.

Overall, Costa Rica is a very respectable, mature, sexy environment where there really are no rules. The people are either really trustworthy or really shady; it's up to you to make the distinction. The locals have very little to no salt towards Americans and they'll encourage you to party it up and be happy. You'll have a great time.

nt bros I am in jacko costa rica as we speak!! I am with the fam so I can't have the type of fun I really want but I'm here til next monday help me turn up and please tell me there are chicks at the beach everyday of the week

Back
Top Bottom