Heading to The Bay area

What up Nt Fam me and the Wife are headed to the west coast for a few days next week can y'all suggest or recommend things to see or do,seeing how this is a sneaker board we all have same general intrests I presume. I'm Hitting Oakland,San Jose and San Fran for sure any help is appreciated

I suggest skipping out on Oakland all together if you plan on going to San Jose, much more to do there and S.F

Hit up Berkley, great food and an interesting atmosphere. Like SF but...it's not
laugh.gif

I've lived in the area all of my life (Oakland, CA) and I hope I can give you some sound advice. 
1. Go to Alcatraz. I didn't do this until last year and I was completely blown away by the whole experience. 

2. San Jose is a waste of time. There's nothing interesting about the place and the fact that the population drops after 5pm (people go there for work) shows that it's not a proper city but a commuter hub. (Sorry San Jose folks, but its true)

3. As heatpinoyboy (I felt ridiculous typing that out btw) said, check out Berkeley (Telegraph Avenue) and if you smoke Marijuana you should buy a piece or two

4. Get a sandwich at Ike's Place. 

5. Check out an SF Giant's game... the ballpark is gorgeous and you'll get to see a Championship team

6. Walk on the Golden Gate Bridge

7. Go to Pier 39... it's nice for a few hours 

8. Get scared by the Bush man
laugh.gif

9. Have a good time, drink good drinks and eat good food... I like Alioto's on the pier if you like Italian food... a little pricey but worth every penny. 

Have fun! 

-San Jose
Music in the park (Thursday Nights until August 25th)
Santana Row/Valley Fair (The Counter has good burgers but kinda on the pricey side)
Japantown (Fairly Small)
There's paintballing on Monterey Rd.
Sharks Ice for ice skating
Happy Hollow Park and Zoo
Malls are basically the same IMO (Oakridge or Eastridge)
iMiNUSD (Fixed Gear Bike Shop)
Golfland
Iguanas (order the Burritozilla)
La Vics (Mexican Food)
Winchester Mystery House

-Gilroy
Gilroy Outlets
Gilroy Gardens

-Santa Clara
California's Great America

-Oakland Area
Jack London Square
Ikea
laugh.gif

-Frisco
Fishermans wharf
Market street for shopping
Japantown

-Fremont
Mission Peak for hiking
There's a go kart place near there too.

All I can think of right now.
Oh yeah you can check out Facebook in Palo Alto if you got time to kill. A lot of people visit but there really isn't much to see since you can't go in.

In SJ, hit up santana row, the great mall and great america.
SF just go downtown and along the pier. hit up haight for some shops and check out twin peaks for a nice view at night
head to berkeley on telegraph for a haight street atmosphere
vallejo has six flags discovery kingdom

Oakland - Chicken & waffles is the bomb... but Berkeley is near by and it is dope.
SF - tourist central, you could stay here your whole trip and not worry

SJ - Pretty lame city IMHO... I hate san jose... downtown is all right, but nothing compared to SF

Originally Posted by zube42

6 flags Vallejo is in one of the worst locations possible
laugh.gif
Seriously! And Gilroy outlets?
laugh.gif
At least recommend stuff that he wouldn't find elsewhere and that's not a complete garlic reeking dump of a stinkhole.  
roll.gif
Jesus Christ! 

I also agree San Jose is a waste of time. So if anything spend a day or two at most. I forgot to mention check out Santa Cruz and hit up downtown and the boardwalk there.

Originally Posted by Doctor Demise

Originally Posted by zube42

6 flags Vallejo is in one of the worst locations possible
laugh.gif
Seriously! And Gilroy outlets?
laugh.gif
At least recommend stuff that he wouldn't find elsewhere and that's not a complete garlic reeking dump of a stinkhole.  
roll.gif
Jesus Christ! 

Just trying to give the man options
laugh.gif

i live in the south bay (san jose area, sunnyvale specifically). this place is a dump. avoid at all costs.

Hit up Vallejo if you want nothing to do... 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

We love it here though, we'll just smoke you out if you're trying to blaze...

I think we stayin in San Jose cause it was cheaper but plan on commuting to San Fran and Oakland , great mall is on my map tho thanks to all y'all for showing love and responding , but um I'm coming from FL so I gotta ask is this gang %##$ still poppin lol I asked last year when I went to fresno and was told yeah , So let me know this a way bigger city and my Yankee fitted goes everywhere I go, a brother not trying to get shot

Originally Posted by datruth92803

I think we stayin in San Jose cause it was cheaper but plan on commuting to San Fran and Oakland , great mall is on my map tho thanks to all y'all for showing love and responding , but um I'm coming from FL so I gotta ask is this gang %##$ still poppin lol I asked last year when I went to fresno and was told yeah , So let me know this a way bigger city and my Yankee fitted goes everywhere I go, a brother not trying to get shot

You''l be safe wearing that hat in the city. You may get a few Giants fans saying eff the yankees to you but thats it 
laugh.gif
. I'd honestly spend most of my time in SF there are so many different districts to check out. Ghiradelli square, the mission has some great food spots, Chinatown is cool and it's right next to broadway and north beach. Like another poster said the alcatraz tour is amazing. They also have bay tours and fishing charters out of fishermans wharf that are worth every penny. Also dress warm it may be the middle of summer but you'll need a coat.

Go to SF. Market, mission, Chinatown, fishermans warf, Japan town, hit up the piers. Go to Oakland and uh, ride around E 14 street. Lol. Go to San Jose. Idk go to te flea market in Sunday? Don't really venture out to San Jose. Go to Berkeley son. Super chill and lost of places to eat at. Umm idk idk

Airjapan thanks Fam
Hendrix good looks
Based Mod, Doc, boss tycoon thanks Fam like I feel so much better about this trip cause I thought I was gonna be bored
Milkandcookies what say you of this Chicken n waffles , is it really bout it bout it fool"(method man in belly voice)

I'm from the San Jose area (Sunnyvale as well)...I don't think there's really much to do here if you're a tourist, but it's a great place to have a great job and settle down.
You'll definitely be safe there
laugh.gif
, it's a very safe city compared to the other bigger cities of similar size. Of course there's areas you want to avoid, but it's no comparison to Oakland.

San Jose area:
-Valley Fair/Santana Row
-Could check out Intel Museum
-Tech Museum of Innovation. Sounds nerdy but it's not a bad museum...I volunteered there back in high school, it's a good place since this area is known for that kind of stuff...
-Google and Apple campuses
-Winchester Mystery House
-Great America if you like amusement parks

Really that's about it...just keep in mind San Jose is mainly known to be the heart of Silicon Valley (thus, tons and tons of companies) and doesn't have tons of history behind it like San Francisco...so it's not exactly going to be an exciting place. But it's very safe, lots of technology going on around, so it's worth venturing around for a day IMO, but that's probably about it.

San Francisco: I think most people have covered it already, but there's obviously so much more to do. Alcatraz, Golden Gate Bridge, Golden Gate Park, Pier 39, Angel Island, Union Square, Ghirardelli Square, the list goes on and on and on. I'd recommend hitting up House of Prime Rib
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
@ San Jose being a dump. It's not an interesting city, and I can understand that there's no point for a tourist to hit it up, but besides East SJ it's a really nice city. The problem with it is that all the interesting/night life spots are really spread out. It's basically just a giant @#$ suburb to the city.

Anyways if you decide to go to San Jose, hit up Santana Row for sure. Best club there is Rosie Mcann's, but the line is always long as hell so it's best to head there early. So many fine @#$ Persian girls
30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif

Go to sausilito if you wanna experience a Mediterranean feel. Alcatraz ain't all that soi'd take the ferry to there instead.

ive explored pretty much all of San Jose in the 1.5 years that ive lived here and i agree with everyone. Avoid wasting vacation time in San Jose, nothing that you dont have in FL! tons of amazing food down here, but thats about it...

Spend the majority of your time in San Francisco (Pier 39, Union Square, Chinatown, Golden Gate Bridge, Giant's Game, Golden Gate Park - Stow Lake Paddle Boating!, Alcatraz, Ferry Building, etc. Also, if you have extra time, make it out to Sausalito/Marin County.

Santa Cruz should be next on your list: Cafe Brasil, Mystery Spot, Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, Capitola Wharf, etc.

Berkeley is a very eccentric, fun area too. very eccentric shops & food!

Originally Posted by acidicality

I'm from the San Jose area (Sunnyvale as well)...I don't think there's really much to do here if you're a tourist, but it's a great place to have a great job and settle down.
You'll definitely be safe there
laugh.gif
, it's a very safe city compared to the other bigger cities of similar size. Of course there's areas you want to avoid, but it's no comparison to Oakland.

San Jose area:
-Valley Fair/Santana Row
-Could check out Intel Museum
-Tech Museum of Innovation. Sounds nerdy but it's not a bad museum...I volunteered there back in high school, it's a good place since this area is known for that kind of stuff...
-Google and Apple campuses
-Winchester Mystery House
-Great America if you like amusement parks

Really that's about it...just keep in mind San Jose is mainly known to be the heart of Silicon Valley (thus, tons and tons of companies) and doesn't have tons of history behind it like San Francisco...so it's not exactly going to be an exciting place. But it's very safe, lots of technology going on around, so it's worth venturing around for a day IMO, but that's probably about it.

San Francisco: I think most people have covered it already, but there's obviously so much more to do. Alcatraz, Golden Gate Bridge, Golden Gate Park, Pier 39, Angel Island, Union Square, Ghirardelli Square, the list goes on and on and on. I'd recommend hitting up House of Prime Rib
pimp.gif
Great  America is a pretty %+$@## amusement park compared to Disney land/world. Don't go there

Originally Posted by do work son

hang out with v nasty. apparently she's about that life

nah dog she call me anything start with a N we got issues ..not Nephew not Negro not Nancy lol nuthin!

Back
Top Bottom