Healthcare vol. WTF

Hunnynutcheerios

formerly sh0rtyy12
25645611-E12E-4110-82DF-4C23BD7B0444.png
Can we talk about healthcare more specialty health insurance. What are you thoughts and any stories. I’ll give you back story today I was looking at my isurance portal and the bills I’ve gotten since I had a baby girl two months ago. Going through them and seeing bills for 20k see below. It’s crazy how much my insurance covered and the part I am still responsible for. I had mixed reactions on my social media today. I had people tell me well poor people get it for free and others saying how unfair it was. I am thankful for having good insurance but I can’t even imagine having crappy insurance and having to pay for this **** out of pocket. Tell me again why we can’t all have free healthcare?

Congratulations on the baby. I haven't visited the food thread much (pretty active in there). Basically, this is America. Healthcare is too costly here. Even some otc med are expensive. It's crazy.

Congratulations on the baby. I haven't visited the food thread much (pretty active in there). Basically, this is America. Healthcare is too costly here. Even some otc med are expensive. It's crazy.
Thank you! Yes I haven’t seen you in there. I’ve been on as much either. Yes it’s really so crazy.

I feel fortunate because my Dr. visits are $5/10/15 and operations are $100. But if you're working an entry-level job, in San Francisco, they run a reimbursement plan which you add to the pot. It's ****ed up because you still have to pay before they reimburse you from the pot that you already paid into. Either that or you pay for your own insurance for like $150-200 a month unless your low income. Insurance companies, pharmaceutical companies, and hospitals are greedy. We all pay taxes so we should have affordable coverage across the board.

At least you left with a healthy baby for $1.2k out of pocket.

Thought I had a stroke 18 months ago and went to the ER where they ran a bunch of tests and released me after 2 hours. My out of pocket was $2k with the total bill being around $28k.

It’s all a scam.

I feel fortunate because my Dr. visits are $5/10/15 and operations are $100. But if you're working an entry-level job, in San Francisco, they run a reimbursement plan which you add to the pot. It's ****ed up because you still have to pay before they reimburse you from the pot that you already paid into. Either that or you pay for your own insurance for like $150-200 a month unless your low income. Insurance companies, pharmaceutical companies, and hospitals are greedy. We all pay taxes so we should have affordable coverage across the board.
It’s crazy I’m fortunate that I have a great plan that’s 100% covered by my employer even though I have a family plan. I know I’ve worked in places where 400 a month for a single person was normal.

Thought I had a stroke 18 months ago and went to the ER where they ran a bunch of tests and released me after 2 hours. My out of pocket was $2k with the total bill being around $28k.

It’s all a scam.
Sorry to hear that man, hope you're all right.

It’s all a scam.
Jesus

It’s crazy I’m fortunate that I have a great plan that’s 100% covered by my employer even though I have a family plan. I know I’ve worked in places where 400 a month for a single person was normal.
Nice, I'm glad you were mostly covered. $400 a month for a single person is ****ing ridiculous, even for the middle-class.

Sorry to hear that man, hope you're all right.

I’m good. I only went to the hospital because my wife said she didn’t want to risk it and find me dead the next morning.

Diagnosis was an acute migraine, which apparently short circuits your brain. It made me completely lose my ability to speak for like 10 minutes and my handwriting was illegible for about the same (was trying to write what was going on to my wife while she freaked out). Vision also blurred then became super light sensitive.

Never had any sort of migraine before or since that.

Wife felt guilty as I paid the bill, lol.

I’m good. I only went to the hospital because my wife said she didn’t want to risk it and find me dead the next morning.

Diagnosis was an acute migraine, which apparently short circuits your brain. It made me completely lose my ability to speak for like 10 minutes and my handwriting was illegible for about the same (was trying to write what was going on to my wife while she freaked out). Vision also blurred then became super light sensitive.

Glad to hear your well. I love when insurance companies foot the cost. We finally get what we pay for. Had my gap insurance cover $2500 of my $2200 repair bill.

Canada and UK have a free Healthcare system or no? It takes months to get appointments they say.

That ED visit was warranted. Cost is tough, but it was the right decision..

I don't get how people walk around thinking they don't need health insurance.

My lung spontaneously collapsed back in 2012 and I had to spend 8 days in the hospital with a chest tube. I had no significant prior medical history and no indicators that it was going to happen. My bill would've been close to 6 figures had I not been covered.

You never know what tomorrow brings.

I didn’t have it when I was a cook because I couldn’t afford it and nobody offered it.

it’s not like I preferred it. Even if I did go to the doctor I never planned on paying it. When you don’t have **** and nothing to take away you don’t give af.

I work in the healthcare field in the IT space.

I feel like just about everyone in this thread, healthcare is a scam in this country and it's truly a blackbox when it comes to cost.

This goes into effect next year, hopefully we can make some more informed decisions regarding who is charging what and for what.

Back
Top Bottom