Hearing the same songs repeatedly in the club UNAPPRECIATION. VOL (your laptop is not a turntable)

This might be petty to some people but to me it's a big deal.
Now... I go to the club probably twice or 3 times in a month, and everytime I go there, I hear the same songs as I did the last time I was in there.
It's gotten to the point that I can predict whats comin on next.

I know I'm not the only one that feels this way!

mad.gif

Unfortunately DJ's play what people generally want to dance to. And these songs dont change every week. More like every month or so, a few new songs willbe added to the rotation, and some dropped off.

I would agree that the whole laptop turntable thing is kinda weak. Some DJ's will play the same song sequence, and the same mixes and blends. IDK whypeople even get paid for crap like that. If they gave me the laptop, and that 1 track that has 3 hrs of dance mixes on it I could do the same thing with noexperience. Be original. Make your own mixes.

I disagree with that first portion you mentioned... I think you can dig back and play something close to what people today are requesting. Not only will ittake you back, but you can enjoy the music better... 2 Live Crew is a good example.

The laptop joint is weak as hell. Its almost as if all the clubs made copies of "That's What I Call Music Vol. whatever" and played it...you're gonna hear the same things you did at one club last week as you did at another club this week.

True. The same goes for radio DJ's. Its all repitive. Todays DJ uses the serato. They're basically auto DJ's or cruise control for DJ's Thereare a few thousand songs on their Mac laptops and point and click with a little scratching to mix n such.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

True. The same goes for radio DJ's. Its all repitive. Todays DJ uses the serato. They're basically auto DJ's or cruise control for DJ's There are a few thousand songs on their Mac laptops and point and click with a little scratching to mix n such.

Thats funny because I haven't heard scratching in a long time....
I'd pay to see somebody pull out crates full of vinyls to set up their DJ booth.

Sometimes the scratches are pre recorded. Once in a while you will see a DJ really Scratch, but they are scratching those red records that spin according towhats playing on the laptop.

And I would do appreciate some older/good music to dance to in the club. For example the first time I went to a club out of state, I was in Miami. The partywas from 11pm to 6am. Unlike 11pm to 2am here in RI. It was so long that they couldnt just play new songs. They played all the old Jay Z/Bad Boy and otherrandom hits from the albums that never made it to the radio, but you still know all the words to.

Also, the songs/type of music you hear in the club varies from region to reigon. When I went to DC recently, the club scene/dances/music were totally differentfrom RI. A lot more Gucci/OJ/Soldier Boy/Go Go. I liked the variety tho. Its always interesting how different reigons appreciate and rock with different typesof music.

Originally Posted by maxi320

Sometimes the scratches are pre recorded. Once in a while you will see a DJ really Scratch, but they are scratching those red records that spin according to whats playing on the laptop.

And I would do appreciate some older/good music to dance to in the club. For example the first time I went to a club out of state, I was in Miami. The party was from 11pm to 6am. Unlike 11pm to 2am here in RI. It was so long that they couldnt just play new songs. They played all the old Jay Z/Bad Boy and other random hits from the albums that never made it to the radio, but you still know all the words to.

Also, the songs/type of music you hear in the club varies from region to reigon. When I went to DC recently, the club scene/dances/music were totally different from RI. A lot more Gucci/OJ/Soldier Boy/Go Go. I liked the variety tho. Its always interesting how different reigons appreciate and rock with different types of music.

Yea Miami clubs are ill... they play a wide variety of music and the mixed clubs are dope too... you'll always hear something that'll make you go
eek.gif

I was buggin when they played house music & had Jeru The Damaja playin in the same night.... unbelievable.
The DJ damn sure made good use of that laptop
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom