Heat insert Hardaway in starting lineup

Penny Hardaway in starting lineup for first time since '03-04 seasoner again.

The Miami forward made his first regular-season start since March 24, 2004, on Friday night, when the Heat hosted the Phoenix Suns.

Hardaway also started three playoff games that season, but each of his last 49 regular-season appearances since that year had been in reserve roles. The 36-year-old replaced Dorell Wright in the starting lineup.

"It feels great, because I've worked so hard for an opportunity like this," Hardaway said.

Hardaway was signed by the Heat this past offseason as a free agent, giving him a chance to prove that he'd recovered from knee problems that essentially kept him off the court for years and threatened to end his career.

But he made the team, and the Heat like what they've seen so far.

"Sometimes he still thinks he's 25 and he's going to go and jam it over the top of somebody," Heat coach Pat Riley said. "Those days may be over with, but he can play. He's played very well for us."

sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ArASHb5f7uky.QOZ7uMYUAm8vLYF?slug=ap-heat-pennystarts&prov=ap&type=lgns

I'm glad this comeback attempt has been successful for Penny, it's nice to see Riley rewarding him.

Penny and Shaq revisited? :lol:
laugh.gif
TeamClippers
TEAM SAINTS

Miami is just trying to find a spark until D Wade returns.
If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score?

Penny is MAD slow out there.

Watch him when he runs back on D.

Sorry to say Penny fans, this is it for him.
Out

Doesn't surprise me. I've watching a lot of Heat games lately and it seems like he'e the only play that knows how to get the ball to Shaq when he's on the low block.
/// IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING///​

I'm a full-time Penny supporter regardless of his age. Good move by Riles. :smokin
smokin.gif
TeamClippers
GET WELL EB42/SL14/CAT5
AL THORNTON FOR ROY
SC TROJANS
MAYO-GIBSON-JEFFERSON

Penny just doesn't have his legs any more
Quote:
If cats was really fly like they believe themselves to be, They wouldn't be so dependent on "exclusives"...

no disrespect but does this need its own thread ?

TEAM AALIYAH
ONE IN A MILLION
DOLPHINS GATORS HEAT HURRICANES

You make this thread like it's suppose to be a good thing....If Penny is starting you team isnt very good.

R.I.P. - Qbs King32, IM MADDDD, U MADDDD, Dr Fede,Team You're Not Smashing

QB'SFINEST​
VIA Dade County​

:pimp:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
ing lineup. Although from looking at the stats, doesn't look like he did much. He was pretty good last game though.

One Love, One Trust
"Being the nothing to someone who is your everything is a lot like being a trainer for a boxer. She's constantly fighting the world, thinkin' she's unloved and alone, not knowing the one with the greatest love and support has always been in her corner. You tell her to watch for the right hook, and she still gets pummeled by it. Sooner or later, you just wanna throw in the towel."--MANCHILDyoko

I think many fans even coaches, players, and anyone involved in the NBA is still holding on to hope with Penny.

We got to realize son had some serious surgeries, time off, and is aged. Also his gamesmanship and mentality isn't what it was when he was ballin.

Things change and we been blessed with another great #1, Tmac.
"I'm so underground even commecial I can't be popped, I'm like Kobe in the zone I can't be stopped.."
-Corey Red

Penny was a great player. Loved his game. One of the main reasons I still watched basketball as a kid when Michael left. I still love his shoes and have numerous Upper Deck memorabilia of him (signed basketball, cards, posters, covers, etc...).

With that being said, Penny being inserted into any starting lineup in the L is one of the clearest signs your team is in trouble. Hate to say it, but his last solid season was '99-'00 w/ PHX.

I still hope Penny plays and continues to reach a level he has set for himself, but c'mon, he's more of a novelty now than a true impact player.
THaHaHHaHaEHaHaHaDHaHaAHaHaRHaHaKHaHaHaKHaHaNHaHaIHaHaGHaHaHHaHaT
"ONE BY ONE THEY'LL HEAR MY CALL, THEN THIS WICKED TOWN WILL FOLLOW MY FALL."​
BUY MY GEAR // KICKS // CAR

pimp.gif
but yet..... |I
tired.gif
HaAHAhAHHAhAhAHAhhAhhAHAh
36 35 34 33 32 31 30 29 28 27 26
25 24 23 22 21 20 19 18 17 16 15
14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
TIME TO BREAK THAT ONE RULE
HaAHAhAHHAhAhAHAhhAhhAHAh

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

|I
tired.gif
r.i.p.

edit: penny was one of the main reasons for me even being on this site so i had to let that out before the move.... :frown:
frown.gif
TEAMSANDIEGOCHARGERS

nba-trophy_full.jpg

..with so much personality,
what do you want from me?
i could be by myself and enjoy the company..
but i'd ratherher

0-5.
Penny was killing people back in the day. It just kills me to see him now cause I know what he was.

COOK # 45
get fit.

if your team is struggling, what u need is a player that has lots of effort and is willing to play his heart out. in my mind, thats what Penny is doing, sogood for him. everybody else on the roster has to step it up a notch

Back
Top Bottom