Heath Ledger's Dark Knight Joker Diary... Clockwork Orange, Clown Comics, "Bye Bye". WOW.

jpzx

Supporter

A new video has emerged which spotlights the late Heath Ledger's Joker "diary" that he used while prepping to make The Dark Knight.

We'd heard about such a diary before. Ledger told Empire the following back in 2007: "I sat around in a hotel room in London for about a month, locked myself away, formed a little diary and experimented with voices -- it was important to try to find a somewhat iconic voice and laugh. I ended up landing more in the realm of a psychopath -- someone with very little to no conscience towards his acts. He’s just an absolute sociopath, a cold-blooded, mass-murdering clown, and Chris [Nolan] has given me free rein. Which is fun, because there are no real boundaries to what The Joker would say or do. Nothing intimidates him, and everything is a big joke."

In the video, which comes from a documentary series called Too Young to Die, Ledger's father Kim shows part of the diary off. His words are a bit tough to make out, so scroll down for a rough transcription of the clip via Batman News.

"This was the diary. In order to inhabit his character, he locked himself up in a hotel room for weeks. He would do that. He liked to dive into his characters, but this time he really took it to a whole new level.

"The hospital scene is interesting because when he was a kid, his sister Kate liked to dress him up as a nurse. He was really funny like that. He also was in the movie. This is a make-up test which was done eight months before. Before the end of the shooting he wrote ‘bye bye’ on the back of the page. It was hard to see this."
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05...iary?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

Some of this stuff... chilling. The "bye bye" on the last page, just weird. I know that's him probably being in character and just a coincidence, but weird nonetheless.

R.I.P Heath
remember hearing about this years ago.
heard one of the things that made the joker laugh was AIDS

R.I.P Heath
remember hearing about this years ago.
heard one of the things that made the joker laugh was AIDS

Understanding french FTW :smokin

R.I.P Your work and dedication will always be remembered.

One of the best to do it.  RIP
tired.gif

Tough video to watch... Seeing that "Bye Bye" hurt |I

RIP to Heath... It goes without saying, but the work he put in to the Joker turned out to be an AMAZING performance.

I remember there was speculation as to he wouldn't make a good joker :smh:

RIP. It was an honor seeing TDK. One of the top favorite movies of all time.

I still think about what-if he was still alive and came back for TDKR. |I

i will admit, i doubted ledger, and because of that, i have the at most respect for when he was doing his thing

RIP

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom