"...he'll probably be better than all of us when it's all said and done." - Larry Bird

Lebron is an amazing player and a unique talent
he will never be GREAT until he wins some rings.

and that Robert Horry arguement isnt valid.... although i will say he is one of the most clutch role players in history

Its just plain and simple..... if Brond oesnt win any rings, he'll go down as one of the best talents, but couldnt win the big one.
And winning Chips DOES measure greatness.... ask Malone, Ewing, Reggie, Stockton if they would rather trade a ring for those individual accolades.

qzr6tw.gif

ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by wisache15

Lebron>>>> Kobe
All day i'd rather watch 30,8,8 (maybe triple double) over Kobe's 30 shots to get 30 points with less than 5 assists
Even though i do agree with your statement, but your hate towards Kobe is ridiculous.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

D-Wade beat the Mavs for his ring pretty much single-handedly (other than Zo's phenomenal defense). LeBron is better than Wade right? Well then yes, he should have beat the Spurs.
Absolute TERRIBLE comparison. Lebron got defeated by a team that went on to win its 4th NBA Title in 8 Seasons. Not to mention that series was basically Lebron vs Spurs Team loopsided as hell only thing Lebron had was the Refs
laugh.gif
. Can't compare that to Heat/Dallas series. Mavericks have shown to be proven choke artists... the Spurs are one of if not the greatest teams in the 2000's. Now thats not diminishing Wade getting a ring but that comparison is a bit ludicrous.

So Wade coming back DOWN 2 games to win the championship wasn't an extemely difficult accomplishment?

And because the Spurs were stacked and primed the Cavs and Bron Bron had no chance anyways? Thats a cop out...You get all the way to the finals to get sent packing because NOW your team isn't good enough?

How is that really a bad comparison. Name ONE other comparison that could be made regarding ONE player taking his team and winning the chip besides the Wade and the Heat?

I think people put WAY too much emphasis on gaudy numbers instead of efficiency. It's great when you can do it all but when you get stopped/are struggling you need to find other ways to win. I think guys like Magic mastered the art of controlling the game without having to score. When LeBron can do that at the level Magic or Larry did THEN and only then will he have surpassed those fellas.
You also forgot that the 2006 Finals was also officiated one sided, that title should have been the Mavs but they got screwed.

Also you're comparing the Western Conference to the Eastern so of course the Cavs would have an easier route to the Finals.  So they lost to the Spurs, who were the better team from top to bottom, so I don't see hows that is a cop out, it's damn near facts.

Originally Posted by MJsaver

" PROBABLY "

see example: 'Penny Hardaway'; 'Grant Hill'; 'T-Mac?'...

i have a love/hate relationship with LBJ... loved him when he came in and exceeded everybody's expectations... but as of late i cant stand dude... he is a BEAST tho

I think there wouldnt be soo much hate on dude if the nba marketed/introduced him the right way from the start.They basically dubbed the dude as "KING"!straight up disrespectful to the others who had been working to earn a title like that.Seriously!dude didnt play one game yet,and people were on his nuts.

Originally Posted by LetItShine24

Its funny when Kobe was beasting way harder than LeBron, Kobe wasnt getting his due what so ever. Now all of a sudden LeBron starts beasting, everyone and their momma is on his jock. People are blinded by hatred and bias.But on a side note, LeBron is a beast, dude deserves the MVP, best player in the league this season by far. Until he does get ONE ring, he aint no king.

Hannsum-Kobe is like what 6 years older than LeBron? of course hes gonna get blown by, plus knee arthritis will do that to you.
When Kobe beasted, he just put up numbers on bad teams. When Lebron beasts, he takes his team with him. Lebron could avg 35 a game like Kobe if he really wanted to. Lebron could score 40+ 8 straight times if he really wanted to too. But that's what separates Lebron from Kobe, Lebron does a better job of making his teammates better. A Kobe in his prime better than a Lebron in his prime? How can someone say that if Lebron isnt even his prime yet? I dont think Kobe defense was/is better than Lebrons defense today.

Real talk, I think I'll take the words from Hall of Famers rather than some hatin $!# Niketalkers when it comes to Lebron James. Larry Bird, Jerry Lucas, Magic Johnson, and Billy Cunningham are all HOF'ers, I think they know what the +!+! they are talking about, y'all NT'ers, well too many of y'all are biased in the direction of Kobe to be objective.

Y'all mofos seem to think getting a championship ring is something ONE man can do. Yes Kobe has four rings, but he didn't do it by himself by any means. The Lakers with Shaq and Kobe was a stacked TEAM including the role players, and notice Kobe didn't win again until they picked up Gasol which in my opinion was the Xfactor in winning the title last year. LEbron will not win until he has a certified star quality number 2 beside him...and no Jamison and Mo Williams is not it.

Originally Posted by lilpennymagicfan

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

It's true, Kobe is still more skillful.

That's not what I came in here to really talk about though. While LeBron is a phenomenal athlete and an absolute beast on the court I have to say that as far as the level of his competition and what he has accomplished in the face of contemporary adversity he's not nearly as dominant as Bird, Magic and Jordan were in their times.

He should have won a ring against the Spurs. He should have carried his team past the Magic last year. This year with the stacked Cavs team around him, he BETTER win a ring before any of this "G.O.A.T" talk continues. Really what this thread is...

Larry is bugging....Okay Lebron may be better than Larry, but he's not nearly as great as Magic was.

please enlighten me on how he is "nowhere near" magic or not better than magic? He has the same court vision magic does, he rebounds just as good, he gets more blocks, he scores more, and he shoots better than magic.
indifferent.gif

i agreee labron is the KING of the NBA now for this gen and next gen to come. true story

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Real talk, I think I'll take the words from Hall of Famers rather than some hatin $!# Niketalkers when it comes to Lebron James. Larry Bird, Jerry Lucas, Magic Johnson, and Billy Cunningham are all HOF'ers, I think they know what the +!+! they are talking about, y'all NT'ers, well too many of y'all are biased in the direction of Kobe to be objective.

Y'all mofos seem to think getting a championship ring is something ONE man can do. Yes Kobe has four rings, but he didn't do it by himself by any means. The Lakers with Shaq and Kobe was a stacked TEAM including the role players, and notice Kobe didn't win again until they picked up Gasol which in my opinion was the Xfactor in winning the title last year. LEbron will not win until he has a certified star quality number 2 beside him...and no Jamison and Mo Williams is not it.
Lebron probably paying this guy rents
laugh.gif
. From his homerish Lebron shoes review to defending his boy. D rider at its finest .  Let see if your man and the talently loaded Cavs can win a chip this year. There should be no excuses this time since Lebron is playing one of his best season plus the Cavs is loaded with talents. Cavs > any teams this season as far as records and talents speaking. Until then Lebron ain't touching Kobe legacy and greatness

Well it's obvious that Lebron winning at least one ring will not allow him to be the GOAT or better than Kobe or so n so for the simple fact that if he ends up being on a star studded stacked team with Bosh n Wade would this count? lol, in my book? Hellz no. This yr is his best opportunity to win it but it still would be less impressive than if he would have won it back when they played the Spurs or last yr with a less talented team. Forget the rings! if Lebron played 90% of his games like he just played game 3 in Boston last week he would have this current status (Best in League now) unanimously but he does not have it in him. They only made one Michael Jordan, sorry.

Originally Posted by hellomarco

mhvupe.jpg

y'all wanna talk about rings?
laugh.gif

but seriously, lebron hasn't retired yet. he has a long career ahead of him. his prime has yet to come, as well as that ring/those rings.
pimp.gif

^ LOL! This kills me everytime. How many teams were playing back then, how many rounds in playoffs? I believe it was 8 teams playing with like 2 series and the level of players were NO comparison to nowadays. Yeah Bill won all those rings but come on now. If at some point this current NBA league's level of comp diminshes to College hoop level (which it already seems to be doing) and a team like the lakers steamrolls every other team with like 8 consecutive rings like Bill did would this be impressive? Hellz no! The only Team i give major credit to that killed the 90's n prob could have won 8 in a row had MJ not retired, is you know who...you had over 300 players, over 29 teams, best defense, best teams, players actually played with heart n pride now that's impressive.

Are you calling that the Cavs lose this year since you do not see Jamison, Mo Williams, Shaq, or anyone else as nothing but role players? Give me a break.

The Cavs better win because that team has been BUILT AROUND LEBRON. They are playing out of their minds and this is the year to win. If they lose I cant see LeBron staying in cleveland with all players aging badly.

As far as championships go they absolutely do matter. I dont care of LeBron averages a triple double I wont consider him THE greatest without one... but you are crazy if you think LeBron wont win at least one during his career in the nba.

Originally Posted by crobers 78

if Lebron played 90% of his games like he just played game 3 in Boston last week he would have this current status (Best in League now) unanimously but he does not have it in him. They only made one Michael Jordan, sorry.

The only Team i give major credit to that killed the 90's n prob couldhave won 8 in a row had MJ not retired, is you know who...you had over300 players, over 29 teams, best defense, best teams, players actuallyplayed with heart n pride now that's impressive.
I mean....why do you KEEP bringing up MJ? Geez, let it go we know he's great

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Lebron probably paying this guy rents
laugh.gif
. From his homerish Lebron shoes review to defending his boy. D rider at its finest .  Let see if your man and the talently loaded Cavs can win a chip this year. There should be no excuses this time since Lebron is playing one of his best season plus the Cavs is loaded with talents. Cavs > any teams this season as far as records and talents speaking. Until then Lebron ain't touching Kobe legacy and greatness
For what it's worth I liked the Zoom Kobe V's better than the AMZLVII's this year and from the early info and blurry pics about the VIII's I'll probably not buy a pair. And to be really honest I actually thought Lebron was going to be crushed under the pressure of his hype when he got into the league and I wasn't a fan, but I think he has proven himself so far. I just don't think this will be the year he gets a chip...Shaq is old, Mo Williams is prone to disappear, Jamison is cool, but they are nowhere near importance of Pau and Artest, and Odom (though you can argue Odom shows up sporadically).

Just remember folks...it took Jordan 7 years to get a championship, it took a coaching change from Doug Collins and the Bulls to FINALLY get past the Pistons. But I remember Jordan being considered the best even over Magic Johnson who already had multiple rings even before Jordan got his first ring.

Nice to know you following my like that homie, cause I don't even recognize your SN.

Originally Posted by kdawg

Originally Posted by Fatherless Child

Championships man, he's nothing without championships..

That's absolutely true but what has been amusing me recently is all the talk of AI and how he lead his team to the Finals - which people conveniently forget about Lebron. He took a bunch of scrubs to the Finals - sure, they got humped by the Spurs but it just seems funny that one player is praised for that and it's just forgotten about with another.
Excellent point. Not only that but he himself took out the undisputed best eastern conference team to make it there - the Pistons. He's accomplished a lot in his 7 years, and although championships are never promised, he has the best shot at it for years to come.

i hate lebr0n and WHEN he does win ... it eventually will happen ... whether this season on in the next 2 ...

there will be 1 million posts about lebron when he does win
if cavs beat lakers in a final ... lebron > kobe
lebron is the GOAT

all things i'm not looking forward too on here ... it is what it is ... just wait and c ...

the guys has the physical tools and the vision ... looks like he has the will to win ... his skill level is ehhh but thas just my opinion ... he's still raw ... watching people like jordan and kobe even penny (yes penny) that just had a disgusting skillset and a polished games ... lebron still has a ways to go which is frightening actually

the guy is the best player in the league but like others have stated, must get his share of chips to get into the discussion ... cause right now he ain't there or close

Originally Posted by crobers 78

Originally Posted by hellomarco

mhvupe.jpg

y'all wanna talk about rings?
laugh.gif

but seriously, lebron hasn't retired yet. he has a long career ahead of him. his prime has yet to come, as well as that ring/those rings.
pimp.gif

^ LOL! This kills me everytime. How many teams were playing back then, how many rounds in playoffs? I believe it was 8 teams playing with like 2 series and the level of players were NO comparison to nowadays. Yeah Bill won all those rings but come on now. If at some point this current NBA league's level of comp diminshes to College hoop level (which it already seems to be doing) and a team like the lakers steamrolls every other team with like 8 consecutive rings like Bill did would this be impressive? Hellz no! The only Team i give major credit to that killed the 90's n prob could have won 8 in a row had MJ not retired, is you know who...you had over 300 players, over 29 teams, best defense, best teams, players actually played with heart n pride now that's impressive.

my intention was to catch the attention of people giving TOO MUCH attention on championshipssssss
laugh.gif

Real talk, I think I'll take the words from Hall of Famers rather than some hatin $!# Niketalkers when it comes to Lebron James. Too many of y'all are biased in the direction of Kobe to be objective.

Preach! NT is like a Kobe circle jerk.

Back
Top Bottom